VBPro7
    VBPro7's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4922

This is tragic. I heard the other guy that fell a year or so ago was a firefighter as well

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

If I had to bet, I would say that Josh still parties a little now and then. Not at the extent as he once did but you never really quit. He is doing some sort of clauvo here and there.

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    fuk him he deserved to die

1 less, i dont give a fuk pal
    Same to you pal. Karma can be a bitch.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert14 View Post
    one trick pony, seriously why would you even post something like that, you should be ashamed of yourself and you are a disgrace to this forum and should be banned you sick son of a bitch. i hope you lose every single bet you make until you apologize for being such an idiot.obviosly you have no brain or heart to post anyting like this
    oh relax, jesus christ.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really tugs at your heartstrings. One minute a kid is spending quality time with his old man at a ballgame, something most of us have been fortunate enough to do, the next minute his dad is dead in front of him. Trying to catch a foul ball for him no less. Can't begin to imagine that feeling.

Most times when a tragic thing happens people say what's appropriate for that moment and move on with their day. This news stays with you a little longer than that - I hope the kid honors his dad's memory by accomplishing something good in this world.
    Points Awarded:

Holtgetsback gave Lou 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Holtgetsback gave Lou 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: flyingillini, and Mac4Lyfe

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Really tugs at your heartstrings. One minute a kid is spending quality time with his old man at a ballgame, something most of us have been fortunate enough to do, the next minute his dad is dead in front of him. Trying to catch a foul ball for him no less. Can't begin to imagine that feeling.

Most times when a tragic thing happens people say what's appropriate for that moment and move on with their day. This news stays with you a little longer than that - I hope the kid honors his dad's memory by accomplishing something good in this world.
    Post of the day right here!

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Nobody to blame but himself. It isn't like somebody pushed him.
    Those railings are pretty low, even after they were raised. Look at the guy in the white top and you'll see that his hips are above the railing, which would make it easy for him to flip over. Look at the guy on the right in the red top, his ass is higher than the railing. Not safe.
    If they were all the height of the railings by the cops then this wouldn't have happened. I think it's foreseeable considering it happened last year already and hundreds of thousands of people go through that stadium. Lots of old building's railings have this problem, but they were probably keeping it low so that first row has a less obstructed view.

Sucks, now the guy is dead and the kid is going to have a very tough time to say the least.

chantrain

those rails are definitely way too low. I hope the Rangers management gives that family some money at least, and fixes those railings.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

absolutly awful

jram68
    tell obama to keep his change
    jram68's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgetsback View Post
    RIP to the fan who fell to his death in Arlington.

Josh Hamilton tossed a foul ball to a fan, the fan eagerly reached over the railing to grab it and fell to his death.

wow, u stoop to lower levels every post i read of yours. go away

gdoom
    gdoom's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats crazy as hell, I couldnt believe it...Hope he really didnt die.

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

I think MLB should improve the stadiums to try to prevent this happening. It was an accident waiting to happen. How often does someone reach over for a ball. Very sad the man died.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Many ballparks are poorly constructed, not just baseball. A 3 year old kid died at the Staples center after a Laker game last year. He crawled over a railing and fell 30 feet, hit a bunch of chairs and was squirming on the floor below covered and spitting up blood. I've been in many arenas and feared for my life in some of the upper decks. How all these parks don't use simple safety nets directly below is beyond me.

Hundreds of people have died at baseball parks alone. Fix this shit...

Death at the ballpark
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...SIN=078643435X

Mac4Lyfe

I always remember this guy jumping from out of the stands to catch a football. He had to be at least 20 feet off the ground. How he didn't get killed is still a mystery to me.

chantrain

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Many ballparks are poorly constructed, not just baseball. A 3 year old kid died at the Staples center after a Laker game last year. He crawled over a railing and fell 30 feet, hit a bunch of chairs and was squirming on the floor below covered and spitting up blood. I've been in many arenas and feared for my life in some of the upper decks. How all these parks don't use simple safety nets directly below is beyond me.

Hundreds of people have died at baseball parks alone. Fix this shit...

Death at the ballpark
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...SIN=078643435X

why do parents even take kids that young to sports games? I hate little kids, they should not be seen OR heard.

3 year olds cant even follow a sports game any way.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by balls2wall View Post
    stay classy
    Quote Originally Posted by Delbert14 View Post
    one trick pony, seriously why would you even post something like that, you should be ashamed of yourself and you are a disgrace to this forum and should be banned you sick son of a bitch. i hope you lose every single bet you make until you apologize for being such an idiot.obviosly you have no brain or heart to post anyting like this
    its life and u can both blow me

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bruce0 View Post
    Same to you pal. Karma can be a bitch.
    i would want nothing other than that

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Didn't he also foul a ball that hit a fan, who required stitches today? =|

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

I always remember this guy jumping from out of the stands to catch a football. He had to be at least 20 feet off the ground. How he didn't get killed is still a mystery to me.
    I remember this moment as well. That dude was insane.

Mac4Lyfe

I knew it would happen... Dam, hope he recovers.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/...elapse-alcohol

Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton, who has battled drug and alcohol addictions, had a relapse with alcohol this week, according to a source.
    The Rangers said through a team spokesman that they are "aware of a situation but have no further comment at this time."
    The news was first reported by The Dallas Morning News earlier Thursday.

Hamilton
    It's unclear exactly what happened, but Hamilton has attempted to stay sober since an incident in a Tempe, Ariz., bar a little more than three years ago.
    Then, he was photographed drinking with several women and those pictures went viral about seven months later. Hamilton spoke to the media about it at that time and apologized, saying: "I hate that this happened."
    When that occurred, Hamilton immediately called the Rangers and MLB. He passed a drug test shortly thereafter and went through league-sanctioned counseling. Hamilton also made sure his support system was fully in place, including having Johnny Narron, his "accountability partner" at the time, with him at spring training and through the rest of the season.
    Right now, Hamilton and the Rangers are still in the process of finding a new "accountability partner" after Narron took the job as the Milwaukee Brewers hitting coach. Hamilton's father-in-law, Michael Dean Chadwick, was planning on taking over that role for Narron but didn't want to leave his teenage daughter as she gets closer to finishing high school.
    The Rangers have expressed an interest in signing Hamilton to a long-term extension, though both sides agreed that if a deal wasn't in place by the time spring training starts later this month that they wouldn't talk during the season to avoid any kind of distraction.
    More on the Rangers

Richard Durrett and the ESPNDallas.com team have the inside scoop on the Rangers, the American League and Major League Baseball. Blog | ESPN Dallas

The 2010 AL MVP has worked to avoid even the smell of alcohol, something his teammates have respected. They have even catered their postseason celebrations for him (and former teammate C.J. Wilson who also didn't want to be around alcohol) by having Ginger Ale and water showers before breaking out the champagne after winning a playoff series.
    Hamilton said in Aug. 2009, when discussing his last relapse, that it was the first drink he'd had since Oct. 6, 2005, when he vowed to stay sober. Drugs and alcohol helped delay Hamilton's track to the big leagues and despite being the No. 1 overall draft pick in 1999 by the Tampa Bay Rays, he didn't make his major league debut until 2007 with the Cincinnati Reds.
    The Rangers traded for Hamilton prior to the 2008 season, sending right-handed pitcher Edinson Volquez and left-handed pitcher Danny Ray Herrera to the Reds for the outfielder.

Mac4Lyfe

Bump

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I don't think this qualifies as a "relapse". at least not in my eyes.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9764

needs its own thread maybe

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

hard to tell exactly what happened from that article.

he had a relapse according to a source.... the rangers are aware....

I have an alcohol relapse 3-4 times a week.

I still function okay at a real job

I think Hamilton will do okay playing a boys game 6-8 months a yea... Mickey Mantle did okay for himself ya know?

seriously though.... good luck, and prayers are with him and the Rangers..... guy has a helluva a story and I hope it turns out positive

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nah

Nothing

The Natural is a God

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by MJT1212 View Post
    When alcoholics take another drink after going sober, they are 1 step away from the graveyard. When a recovering alcoholic goes on a binge drinking anything can happen. Very similar to a gambler on tilt. Why do you think no windows open up in Vegas?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/ar...amilton-h.html

Better than ESPN and their stupid reporting. I live in the DFW area, pretty much details are he was drunk and flirting/letting chicks grope him again. Some dumb bitch probably will have something on Facebook.

RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

When alcoholics take another drink after going sober, they are 1 step away from the graveyard. When a recovering alcoholic goes on a binge drinking anything can happen. Very similar to a gambler on tilt. Why do you think no windows open up in Vegas?

If suicide was really a big concern in vegas, you would have to think the Luxor would have been shut down by now. Stayed on floor 26 this time I was out there and looked down over the railing outside of my room and it is a 26 floor plummet to the lobby below. In fact, the rail is so low that I wonder if anyone drunk has fallen over the rail and died.

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone see the old 1960 ish movie called Requiem for a heavyweight about a once long ago highly ranked boxer who was told by the doctors he was pushing 40 and would go blind or die if he kept boxing?Anthony Quinn was the heavyweight boxer Mountain Riverra and Jackie Gleason was his manager and Mickey Rooney was his trainer-cutman-roomate.The boxer had no money or skills to fall back on and not even crap jobs he applied for wanted him.Maybe there lies the problem with Josh Hamilton where nowadays you can FY%K your life into oblivian where you can't even play anymore and you can make a couple million a year not even trying by being on radio shows and signing autographs.The problem is,he needs more than a couple million a year for dope and being a sugar daddy getting tugs in seedy bars.
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 02-03-12 at 08:52 AM.

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

Right now, the Hamilton thing just seems so ridiculously overblown... maybe there is more to the story, but going to the bar and getting tipsy for the first time in a long time is not the end of the world for Hamilton... I understand the seriousness of addiction (a little to first hand to be honest) but there is no need to make such a fuss about a few drinks. I hate how people are saying "I really hope he gets his act together" and crap like that. From the outside looking in, he appears to have his act together at lot more than 99.999% of the world.... I mean, he is a multi-million dollar athlete, one of the best players in the world. If anything he deserves the benefit of the doubt, instead of harsh criticism.

If on the other hand hes been on some crazy bender, shooting up speedballs in a dumpster, trying not to crap himself, stealing babies to make baby sandwiches, then I guess that would be cause for concern.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by peacebyinches View Post
    Right now, the Hamilton thing just seems so ridiculously overblown... maybe there is more to the story, but going to the bar and getting tipsy for the first time in a long time is not the end of the world for Hamilton... I understand the seriousness of addiction (a little to first hand to be honest) but there is no need to make such a fuss about a few drinks. I hate how people are saying "I really hope he gets his act together" and crap like that. From the outside looking in, he appears to have his act together at lot more than 99.999% of the world.... I mean, he is a multi-million dollar athlete, one of the best players in the world. If anything he deserves the benefit of the doubt, instead of harsh criticism.

If on the other hand hes been on some crazy bender, shooting up speedballs in a dumpster, trying not to crap himself, stealing babies to make baby sandwiches, then I guess that would be cause for concern.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFavorites$$$ View Post
    If suicide was really a big concern in vegas, you would have to think the Luxor would have been shut down by now. Stayed on floor 26 this time I was out there and looked down over the railing outside of my room and it is a 26 floor plummet to the lobby below. In fact, the rail is so low that I wonder if anyone drunk has fallen over the rail and died.
    Suicides happen in Vegas ALL the time. They use to average at least one a day. Most are people from out of town. I found a quote by someone that lives in Vegas.

People jump off the hotels all the time sometimes parking lots sometimes the hotels themselves. I talked to a reporter one time and asked them why it didn't make the news ever. They said simple its not really news. Suicide is so common and it doesn't really affect the rest of the city except the family involved, so why plaster it all over the paper or tv and disrespect the only people involved. that and it happens so often its not news. Its like many other violent crimes unless their is something that stands out a lot of them don't make the news either. To answer your question someone did jump from rainbow room at Mandalay Bay.

November 23, 2001
    Nevada has the highest suicide rate in the nation...
    In 1998, 397 people committed suicide; in 1999, 429. Nevada is the only state in which more people die by suicide than in car accidents. The suicide rate is more than double the national average...

In the three years the Suicide Prevention Research Center [established in 1999] has struggled to achieve its ideal purpose 1,100 Nevadans shot, hanged, poisoned, asphyxiated or jumped to their deaths...

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...512660817.html

Ironic you mentioned the 26th floor of the Luxor. Someone committed suicide from there before...
    Woman commits suicide inside Luxor

Thursday, Sept. 26, 1996 | 11:59 a.m.
    The Clark County coroner's office has been unable to identify a woman who leapt to her death inside the Luxor hotel-casino.
    The woman jumped from a 26th-floor balcony about 1 p.m. Wednesday and landed at the entrance to the buffet area, Metro Police said.
    Witnesses reported seeing her sitting on the railing with her feet dangling over just before she jumped, Sgt. Bill Keeton said. The Luxor's hotel rooms face a 30-story atrium overlooking the casino inside the pyramid-shaped building.
    The woman died from severe head injuries, he said. "It was over very quickly."
    Police have "no idea who she is," Keeton said. She appeared to be a Hispanic or Asian woman in her 30s. She did not have a purse or identification with her, he said.
    The coroner's office is using fingerprints and dental records to attempt to identify her, a spokeswoman said today.

Vegas is the suicide capital of America...
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in599070.shtml

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

Quote Originally Posted by peacebyinches View Post

The thing that you are missing though, is that a few drinks CAN and generally DOES turn into shooting up sppedballs and black out nights for recovering alcoholics and drug addicts. Why do you think they are called RECOVERING alcoholics and not recovered alcoholics? Because it only takes 1 drink for them to be back at it again. You clearly do not understand addiction if you think someone who use to get as ****** up as he did, having a few drinks is not a big deal.

Josh is a human and we all make mistakes. However he is very fortunate that he has people around him who can and will support him during this.

Quote Originally Posted by MJT1212 View Post
    Yes it does...

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

I also do not think this had anything to do with the fan.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by OMGRandyJackson View Post
    I also do not think this had anything to do with the fan.
    I do. It's hard to get over the fact that you indirectly killed a man and left a small boy an orphan. That's a tough pill to swallow and he'll never get over that. I think it's directly in response to what happened.

First 1234