lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0607 View Post
    Rosario , went to Watch Central - Newells a few years back total madness haha

Exactly. Jimmy at least we can understand.

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Yeah actually the cl is no competition. Was the world cup a stupid cup as well? The competition in these cups is horrible compared to what messi is used to but yet again he can't produce the goods for his nation. The main reason is that he can't handle the pressure of playing for a soccer mad country like argentina. I have been there and watched games live. Its absolute fukkin pandemonium. Go to rosario and watch a match. Messi is one of those guys who will have pressure on him cause of what he does for barca and its his responsibiltity to reproduce that on the international stage for HIS nation. Maradona took 8 years to win the world cup. Brazil 2014 awaits Messi. There will be no excuses- he must carry his nation in that tourney.
    yes in fact the World Cup WAS and will always WILL be a stupid cup... too much money involved

The Special One

buddy, Spain lose to Switzerland and then win every other game... doesnt happen in CL

The Special One

"Messi is one of those guys who will have pressure on him"

nope, Messi and PRESSURE dont match...

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Doesn't happen in CL? Come on man are you kidding ? If you wanna be the best you have to perform in your national it has always been like that , Maradona , Pelé , Cruyff. , plattini , beckebahuer why are they remembered as the best players in history ? Because of what they did with their respective national teams

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0607 View Post
    Doesn't happen in CL? Come on man are you kidding ? If you wanna be the best you have to perform in your national it has always been like that , Maradona , Pelé , Cruyff. , plattini , beckebahuer why are they remembered as the best players in history ? Because of what they did with their respective national teams
    I was referring to Spain magically beating every team AFTER losing to switzerland.. You don't see CL winners struggle like that in group stages.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

The kid is 23 years old and still the greatest player EVER so far. His first World Cup was coached by a crack head named Maradona who put Messi in the middle of the field expecting him to do everything. The current coach just came into the squad and this is his first major tournament not even losing a game yet. 2 draws in a group qualifier is nothing, Spain lost their first game in the WC and still won it.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Quote Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
    I was referring to Spain magically beating every team AFTER losing to switzerland.. You don't see CL winners struggle like that in group stages.
    Didnt Rubin kazan Beat Barcelona a couple years back at Camp nou

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO
    BettingGeek's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LostBankroll View Post
    Messie is a ******* loser.

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Messy in Argentina team is the joke. Messy is cheating, FIFA catches him and throw him into preson.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok he is a great player..but what the **** does a coach have to do with striking a ball from a stoppage play foul outside the penalty area 20 yards off target???

little fuker cant even get the ball on target and at least make the fuken goal keeper make a play?

Nobody can tell me shit..Im going by my own observations..he has not played like a star in the first two copa america games nor the largest plateau..the world cup

yeah yeah yeah he is awesome and had good tournies and success con el Barca

But when striking a ball with power and precision..Id even take El Apache Carlos Tevez over him any day

why hell as far as a header game..Ill scrap the bottom of La ful Liga Mejicana and dame el Bofo Bautista..Now theres a guy who can smell the net

Ojo..Ojo con el bofo..

El ballon llego embenenado al arco y el bofo la pieno con presision al alco partiendole nas nalgas al conejo

ayepa yepa yippee..vivaq la copa america puticas

hojale que argentina no salga del gropo en su propia casa

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida

hey guys..wouldnt it be funny to see argentina not get out of the group stage

paired up with costa rica-bolivia and columbia who has not been the team they were over a decade ago ever since the deth of escobar and the days the guy with the orange afro distributed the ball

The spanish announcers are fantastic eh?!

If Argentina does not beat costa rica ( ML may be over -1000) they will be eliminated from the tourney

I might even make them tie or lose by betting on the moneyline..or at least moneyline legs in several parlays to add chicken wing meat on them

with one game left of the opening round columbia leads group with 4 points..los ticos got a big 3 tonight while argentina has but 2 points off two ties..bolivia has a point off that opening tourney game tie where they scored that fluke ass goal that cost me my ass

la pulgita aint donig shit either

would be awesome to see a ricardo lavolpe team in the ticos pull a miracle draw or win in final match??

Hey guys I was way off..The game is on monday night and look at the line I just plucked off of 5 dimes..Its funny..perhaps ironic -666

I will have 4-5 parlay final legs of argentina on monday

If they win I get money if they lose I will laugh at their lack of success against teams they are used to owning

I am an underdog type guy..nothing against argentina
    Mon 7/11 1 Costa Rica (Copa America) +2 -138 +1020 o2˝,3 -101
    8:45PM 2 Argentina (Copa America) -2 +123 -666 u2˝,3 -114
    3 Draw +608

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida

hey if you guys ever get a chance to watch the espn ' 30 for 30 special "A tale of two Escobars"..its pretty decent watch

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida

that little skinny black dude on costa rica was fantastic tonight..would love to see him have same success against los albi y celestes ( Am I spelling that right?**

Guy is fast as heck..will research his name and keep an eye on him

**** Marta..I hope the us kick their ass but it will be tough to overcome all the voodoo and mamba jamba in the stands

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Forlan > Messie

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida

heres a good copa america link and the name of the costa rican star tonight is

http://www.ca2011.com/
    Campbell, the best LG player of the match, scored and ensured the victory for Costa Rica

The world football has known a new talent tonight. The young 19 year old Costa Rican striker, Joel Campbell, was the best LG player of the match between Costa Rica and Bolivia. With 45.5% of the votes, the highest percentage of votes, so far, in the 2011 Copa America, the internet users who accessed the official site (www.ca2011.com) chose the 12 shirt as a highlight of the game.

"I'm happy with the result, with our performance, it was a good show and was earned by the sacrifice of our team", said the young talent of Costa Rica.

In addition of scoring the final winning goal of the 2-0 Central American team, Campbell hit the post on a perfect free kick. He also risked two more times against the Bolivian goal and showed great speed and skill in individual plays, lining up opponents on the attack. "It's easy to play when you have friends who create spaces, so you can enjoy the game better”, said Campbell.

At 33 minutes into the second half, Campbell received the deep ball, came face to face with the goalkeeper and scored, decreeing the final score of Costa Rica 2-0 Bolivia. "Convert the goal was to crown this great work that we saw today", said the shirt 12 to about his goal.

The Costa Rica team, although playing with its Under-23, has proved a strong and growing team in the competition. Now, will face the host Argentina, which until now could only manage two draws. Whoever wins this confrontation, signs the spot for the next phase. The game will be next Monday, April 11, at 9:45pm (00:45am GMT), in Cordoba.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Messi is a great player and is well on his way to becoming the best ever, but I would still put him behind this man at the moment. (players that I've seen play)

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's how Fans in Argentina love Messi
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: LostBankroll

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

Forlan > Messie
    no

LostBankroll

Lolol no tiene lluevos

LostBankroll

Forlan > messie

donsirlisir
    donsirlisir's Avatar Become A Pro!

guys don't forget that messi won the u21 world cup and olympics for argentina. i watched the first match against bolivia, he created numerous chance, but if messi was creating for messi instead of lavezzi, they would have scored 5 .Against colombia, the same , he created a impossible chance for lavezzi, . some of you need to understand that messi for argentine senior team is a play maker. he plays the role of xavi. don't expect too much if the strikers do not deliver. against albania he scored one and assisted two. just go back and watch the full highlights of their last two matches and tell me if the blame should go to him or lavezzi and tevez. and for those comparing messi to maradonna, maradonna has already solved this issue.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

One of the easiest ways to make money in the World Cup, Euro, and Copa America revolves around the idea that national teams are only about individual star power if the underlying team concept is strong. If the team concept is weak, as it always is with for instance England, the star power has nothing to 'stand' on. Many soccer fans don't understand this, because they think stars first. That creates a lot of value for bettors that do understand it. It is too early to compare Maradona and Messi. In 1982 Maradona was a failure during the World Cup. Four years later he was one of the greatest stars the tournament has ever seen. The difference? Team concept.

Nikfrio
    Nikfrio's Avatar Become A Pro!

Messi better stay in Barcelona because in another team he would get exposed....like he does for Argentina. He's just a one trick pony

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Bye Bye Messi.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by Nikfrio View Post
    Messi better stay in Barcelona because in another team he would get exposed....like he does for Argentina. He's just a one trick pony
    Dumbest comment of the day.

Messi is still the greatest in history. He set up Higuain for the goal, this is a 11 man game, if Argentina can't score 1 goal without Messi the team is the problem not him.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post

Dumbest comment of the day.

Messi is still the greatest in history. He set up Higuain for the goal, this is a 11 man game, if Argentina can't score 1 goal without Messi the team is the problem not him.
    Just don't say that kind of thing JOHON! NOt even close to be the best of history!

I think he is the best in the world now, but to be the best of history he still has to do a lot!

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

haha good one.
    Forlan > Messie

MendozaLine

Messi isn't even the best player of the last 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post
    Just don't say that kind of thing JOHON! NOt even close to be the best of history!

I think he is the best in the world now, but to be the best of history he still has to do a lot!
    Last edited by MendozaLine; 07-16-11 at 09:56 PM.

The Special One

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    Messi isn't even the best player of the last 10 years on a side note, its nice to see Kaka on the pitch right now.

lakerboy

Once again I prove myself to be right again. Another tourney comes and goes and messi does a no show. Kid just doesnt have it (yet). He nevered scored when his nation needed him. What a letdown. Will he overshadow Brazil and take their glory in 2014?

The Special One

Once again I prove myself to be right again. Another tourney comes and goes and messi does a no show. Kid just doesnt have it (yet). He nevered scored when his nation needed him. What a letdown. Will he overshadow Brazil and take their glory in 2014?
    I used to think youre smart, but now I see thats not the case... this wasnt his letdown, its much more than that.

MendozaLine

Since 2000? Its either him or Zidane.

lakerboy

I used to think youre smart, but now I see thats not the case... this wasnt his letdown, its much more than that.
    Lol I always thought u were stupid.

Your dumb statemeent just proved it. Guy get a clue. Messi is to bear the responsibility for this colossal failure. Uruguay played with ten men for 50 minuted- it was his job to produce a result. He didn't. The kid isn't ready for the bigtime but his star status will always make him responsible. That's why grondona told him not to play. U don't get it do you? Before u were born I watched argentina raise the world cup in 1978. Learn sports special brother.

The Special One

Lol I always thought u were stupid. Your dumb statemeent just proved it. Guy get a clue. Messi is to bear the responsibility for this colossal failure. Uruguay played with ten men for 50 minuted- it was his job to produce a result. He didn't. The kid isn't ready for the bigtime but his star status will always make him responsible. That's why grondona told him not to play. U don't get it do you? Before u were born I watched argentina raise the world cup in 1978. Learn sports special brother.
    its a sad world we live in... people with a lack of experience like me know much much more than people like you.

"U don't get it do you? Before u were born I watched argentina raise the world cup in 1978"

times change buddy, too bad youll never know.

First 12345 Last