stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

Seriously ******* pissed off about this Mike Richards shit

Favorite player ever, face of the franchise. FOK.

Tell me something good. Anything. This is just damaging.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I've been where you are, brother. Only thing I can tell you is.....have faith.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Please, gimme a break bro.

I am a fan of the Flyers but i just don't understand these diehard fans who act like they just lost a family member. Guys, it's gonna be OK. Trust me.

stevek173

I heard Philly might be going after Brad Richards Ope.

This though:

"It’s official: Brad Richards will not be waiving his no-trade clause before free agency opens on July 1st. Richards’ and his agent Pat Morris told Dallas Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk that he would not approve of any trades before the unrestricted agent hits the open market in a week. Predictably, Nieuwendyk isn’t pleased by having his hands tied—but there’s little he can do in this situation:

“It’s disappointing, but you move forward and work on to the next issue.”

The decision makes sense from Richards’ point of view. Instead of waiving the no-trade clause (that he negotiated when he signed his contract), he’s waiting to hit the open market as this year’s prized treasure. If he hasn’t decided where he’d prefer to play, then there’s no reason to waive the no-trade clause simply to negotiate with a team when he may want to negotiate with another team on July 1. It’s pretty simple: he wants to wait until all of the suitors are free to make offers; then choose his future accordingly. With his play on the ice over the course of his career, he’s earned the opportunity.

Fans in Dallas may be a little less understanding throughout the entire situation. They see a player who probably won’t re-sign with their team—and refuses to let their team acquire any assets in return. It’s a tough pill to swallow knowing they a) missed the playoffs, b) didn’t trade him at the deadline when there could have been a huge return, and c) will watch the best player on their team walk away for nothing.

There are rumors that Richards could end up on any number of teams next season. It’s been well publicized that he has a relationship with Rangers head coach John Tortorella from their days in Tampa. The Toronto Maple Leafs have repeatedly been mentioned since they have cap space, deep pockets, and could use a marquee player for their passionate fans. He may end up back in Tampa and the LA Kings could still enter the bidding war. And those are just the teams we hear about. There’s always the possibility of a team coming out of nowhere and making him an offer he can’t refuse.

It’s no wonder he wants to keep his options open." - JJ Gold, 6.24.11 "Puck insights by Gold"

opie1988

Brad Richards is a queer.

Glad to see his ass get out of town.

Fukk him.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

stevek173

Damn Ope I didn't know it was like that among the locals. This is surprising.

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Damn Ope I didn't know it was like that among the locals. This is surprising.
    He totally screwed the Stars. Lots of folks think his whole "concussion" symptoms were bullsh*t. He held them hostage at the deadline, knowing he was never going to re-sign here.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

You should be glad your city still has a team Steve.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Sorry Steve.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7903

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post

twice now! wtf? do they even care they left? again?

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Ok that is ****** up man you are right. It could always be worse.

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Well, Phily and Boston both made out like bandits at the draft. Cant believe Couturier fell to 8th, and Hamilton to 9th.

stevek173

Good to hear.

Fokking miss Mikey. FOK.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

Sorry Steve.

Sure take all guys from philly. Hextall/Stevens/Murray/ Richards

t-wizzle

Lakerboy, can you explain to all the upset diehards out there that everything is going to be OK? We're still looking at a top tier team that finally has goaltending. As far as I'm concerned, Carter won't be missed at all. He's been nonexistent every year in the playoffs. Richards was a very good two-way player but I was never a fan. He acted like a brat and never should have been awarded the "C."

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Who is Mike Richards?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Lakerboy, can you explain to all the upset diehards out there that everything is going to be OK? We're still looking at a top tier team that finally has goaltending. As far as I'm concerned, Carter won't be missed at all. He's been nonexistent every year in the playoffs. Richards was a very good two-way player but I was never a fan. He acted like a brat and never should have been awarded the "C."

Things will be fine but it is a one year back step. I couldnt care less about Carter. The guy never showed up in the big games. I will never forget his missed shot in game 6 last year in the dying moments versus chicago and of course how he was robbed by fleury a few years ago.

As for Richards i always thought he was the prototypical bob clarke replacement with the same dirty style . What got me worried was how this guy just dissapeared in last years final and the first two rounds this year.

I have always been a big fan of Ilya myself and thought he was a star in Anaheim before he became one. Im a little concerned the Flyers paid so much for him( the pressue is big on him now) and im not sure if he can handle this pressure. Philly is a tough town for goalies.

I love the young guys they got. It buys them time for the next few years on the cap as some of the older guys cap amounts will start to go down.

JVR is about to become one of the top wingers the NHL has seen in a long time. Trust me. This kid has incredible speed/power and stamina that few wingers have had the last 20 years. He reminds me of Mike Bossy with more skill.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Never heard of him

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Things will be fine but it is a one year back step. I couldnt care less about Carter. The guy never showed up in the big games. I will never forget his missed shot in game 6 last year in the dying moments versus chicago and of course how he was robbed by fleury a few years ago.

As for Richards i always thought he was the prototypical bob clarke replacement with the same dirty style . What got me worried was how this guy just dissapeared in last years final and the first two rounds this year.

I have always been a big fan of Ilya myself and thought he was a star in Anaheim before he became one. Im a little concerned the Flyers paid so much for him( the pressue is big on him now) and im not sure if he can handle this pressure. Philly is a tough town for goalies.

I love the young guys they got. It buys them time for the next few years on the cap as some of the older guys cap amounts will start to go down.

JVR is about to become one of the top wingers the NHL has seen in a long time. Trust me. This kid has incredible speed/power and stamina that few wingers have had the last 20 years. He reminds me of Mike Bossy with more skill.
    Great post imo, thank you.

I agree on what you said about JVR and actually Giroux is better than Richards as we speak. This is Philly's thinking. The big d men and Ok goal tending got them by last year in the playoffs and Holmgren went gung ho with that concept to the point where next to Detroit we were the cup favs going in, everyone saw it and believed.

So what then why the collapse this year.

Two statements. PRONGER WAS OUT AND NOT RIGHT WHEN HE WAS IN AND BOSTON WAS JUST THAT GOOD WITH THE RE EMERGENCE OF THOMAS. I said it far out that the combo of Chara/Thomas could do it. That team was stacked and hitting on point and the Flyers were a team whose chemistry dissolved. Why did it dissolve?

Because Pronger and Richards HATE each other that's why, one had to go. They could have done it together but the same bullheadedness that makes them so great is why why Philly had to choose one, and it wasn't Richie.

Obviously Carter was a money move. Richie was more about chemistry and Pronger.

So now this, it had to be.

Personally I would rather have Richie then Pronger because I have a natural bias towards home grown players.

at the same time Holmgren has a great vision, and with the goaltending hole not only are we in good shape for however many years with Bryzzie btu we have one of the most capable backups in the league in Bobsy, who I predict will be a very decent #1 once he fixes that hole in his glove.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

We won't see it happen this year but at some point in the next couple years a nice chunk of the money that was freed up will go towards Giroux and JVR.

The Flyboys were overloaded with centers. Giroux is small but the guy creates so much. Putting him at center would be the right move and I expect them to do that.

Doesn't it say something that Holmgren was quick to say how important it was to keep Leino when you consider that they traded their captain Richards? I'm a Leino fan and I think you need to keep that Briere-Hartnell-Leino line together if possible but after the Carter trade, they could have re-signed Leino pretty easily. Like I said, I was never a Richards guy but something stinks with this whole thing. I always felt like Richards carried around a bit of a black cloud with the distractions as far as the whole going out/drinking thing, not speaking to the media like a petulant child, etc. But some of the distractions were undeserved. It all just added up to a bad situation that seems like it may have boiled over.

dbnmln
    dbnmln's Avatar Become A Pro!

Schenn and couturier are sweet to have as prospects for flyers

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Is this the guy from seinfeld that went on that racist rant?

Brewers in 7
    SBR owes me 45 points
    Brewers in 7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1303

pretty sad if you think Richards was the face of the franchise, he was a cancer on this team and im glad the Flyers got rid of what amounted to a overpaid role player

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    We won't see it happen this year but at some point in the next couple years a nice chunk of the money that was freed up will go towards Giroux and JVR.

The Flyboys were overloaded with centers. Giroux is small but the guy creates so much. Putting him at center would be the right move and I expect them to do that.

Doesn't it say something that Holmgren was quick to say how important it was to keep Leino when you consider that they traded their captain Richards? I'm a Leino fan and I think you need to keep that Briere-Hartnell-Leino line together if possible but after the Carter trade, they could have re-signed Leino pretty easily. Like I said, I was never a Richards guy but something stinks with this whole thing. I always felt like Richards carried around a bit of a black cloud with the distractions as far as the whole going out/drinking thing, not speaking to the media like a petulant child, etc. But some of the distractions were undeserved. It all just added up to a bad situation that seems like it may have boiled over.
    Yes the profit margin for many Philly bars will be severely affected with Richie and Carter out of town.

Leino is quite the play maker, amazing we got him from Detroit for nothing. I agree that line needs to stay. I'd say with Richie the problems with the media and fans were one thing but problems with Pronger were the straw that broke the camel's back.

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

flyers are probably trying to clear up cap space.