View Poll Results: How much would you have to be paid to fight the current UFC Champion?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd do it for free!

5 16.13%

1 3.23%

0 0%

2 6.45%

1 3.23%

5 16.13%

6 19.35%

2 6.45%

1 3.23%
  • A million

3 9.68%
  • 5 million

1 3.23%
  • 10 million

0 0%
  • 25 million

1 3.23%
  • 50 million

0 0%
  • I wouldn't do it for any amount of money.

3 9.68%
    JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    lol. I only read the poll question The rules change my stance slightly. I'd be giving up my back pretty quickly and hoping he doesn't take pleasure in punching a stationary defenseless object I'd probably cover the side of my head and leave my neck exposed. Being put to sleep isn't so bad. Alternatively, I'd literally run away until i got disqualified (if thats possible). If he got close enough i'd be trying to whack him in the balls as hard as possible... anything to get DQ'd.
    This is EXACTLY what I would do!

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by bogbat View Post
    So if you get caught in an arm-bar or something you just have to let your arm break? In that case I'd want at least 1 million
    You could always tap... you just wouldn't get paid anything. Did you ever see the Tim Sylvia vs Frank Mir fight? Mir broke Tim's arm and Tim was still mad they stopped the fight. See below:

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by WeinketoWarrick View Post
    You can't tap out? Well that's retarded. How many fights end in a tap out... No tap out I'd probably try it for medical expenses + $10k. If it was a legitimate fight and I could tap out I'd do it for $5k. I'm about 195 lbs, who is my opponent? I can bench 250lbs 5 times and work out 4-5 times a week so I could at least hold my own I think. I would just have to make sure I wrestled rather than boxed/brawled.
    I'm not trying to judge you but you should know that muscles doesn't necessarily make you a good fighter. A past his prime Tim Sylvia took apart a 5 time Worlds Strongest Man with ease. Video is below. Since you are 195 you would either have to drop 10lbs and fight Anderson Silva at 185 OR you could fight Jon "Bones" Jones at 205. There are very few PRO fighters that can "hold their own" against either of these guys. I would be absolutely shocked if you could. If you REALLY think you could... perhaps MMA is your calling.
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 05-19-11 at 08:10 PM.

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Quote Originally Posted by WeinketoWarrick View Post
    Do I know you? Do you know me? Yeah, didn't think so MMA guy.
    I don't need to know you to know you wouldn't stand a chance..

To even step foot into the UFC's octagon you have to be amazingly talented, a good athlete, and be coming off a significant win streak vs quality, professional opponents in other organizations.

Seriously, do you think you could step in during an NBA game, or NFL game and hold your own? MMA is no different.

If you were to fight even the lightest MMA champion, Dominick Cruz (135lbs), you wouldn't be able to so much as touch him during the entire fight if he choose to keep it standing. He wouldn't even have to hurt you to beat you, he could dance around you and slap you every few seconds until you'd eventually pass out due to exhaustion. These guys are some of the most skilled, and conditioned athletes in the world.

Last edited by bogbat; 05-19-11 at 11:21 PM.

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

MMA guy thinks his sport of chance is the most physically demanding.

Shocking.

Of course I'd get my ass beat eventually. But I'm very athletic with fantastic hand-eye coordination and in good shape. I could survive a round by just turtling up or somehow turning it into a wrestling match.

Stepping in the ring to fight is not comparable to going and trying to guard Lebron. You're an idiot if you believe that.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

You are right because guarding lebron would be a walk in the park compared to mma.

You could survive a round by turtling up or turning it into a wrestling match?

Thanks for the laugh
    Last edited by brooks85; 05-20-11 at 02:35 PM.

JohnGalt2341

Anyone ever see the "Survive Couture" segment on Pros vs Joes? It was badass. These guys were lucky... they didn't have to worry about strikes and they even got to Tap! All of these "Joes" considered themselves great athletes... NONE of them did very well against Couture. Start watching the video at around 6 minutes in to get to the MMA segment. This is gold Jerry! Gold!
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12...-vs-joes_sport

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

15 betpoints

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

I picked 5 Million. If I can't tap it means I need to get ground and pounded till the ref stops the fight, choked to sleep, have something broken or close to breaking and have the ref save me, or get knocked out. The other option is I do that to the other fighter. If I'm going to do this I'm going want to train first. I want to give myself a fighting chance. Plus if something does get broken I have money to live off of while I heal and much more.

Lets be honest. I wouldn't become an MMA fighter overnight. For training I would go back to boxing, learn take down defense, and as a last resort I would try to learn how to defend against their favorite submissions. From there I would just hope he trips and knocks himself out.

UFC fighter are underpaid in my opinion from what I heard last time. They do it for peanuts. I wouldn't. 5 million and time to train is what I would want.

If I could tap I would possibly go for $250000.

James

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
    I picked 5 Million. If I can't tap it means I need to get ground and pounded till the ref stops the fight, choked to sleep, have something broken or close to breaking and have the ref save me, or get knocked out. The other option is I do that to the other fighter. If I'm going to do this I'm going want to train first. I want to give myself a fighting chance. Plus if something does get broken I have money to live off of while I heal and much more. Lets be honest. I wouldn't become an MMA fighter overnight. For training I would go back to boxing, learn take down defense, and as a last resort I would try to learn how to defend against their favorite submissions. From there I would just hope he trips and knocks himself out. UFC fighter are underpaid in my opinion from what I heard last time. They do it for peanuts. I wouldn't. 5 million and time to train is what I would want. If I could tap I would possibly go for $250000. James
    Great post.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    I'd fight any one of them but Bones for 5K.
    You'd fight Cain Velasquez or Anderson Silva for 5K? You are aware that if you Tap you get nothing right? Even if I had the best Insurance Plan on the planet I wouldn't fight these guys for a mere 5K.

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Anyone ever see the "Survive Couture" segment on Pros vs Joes? It was badass. These guys were lucky... they didn't have to worry about strikes and they even got to Tap! All of these "Joes" considered themselves great athletes... NONE of them did very well against Couture. Start watching the video at around 6 minutes in to get to the MMA segment. This is gold Jerry! Gold! http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12...-vs-joes_sport
    That was good. Did you ever see the ones against Roy Jones Jr.? They were good as well.

Another one to watch is Bully Beatdown. Working out is great, but it doesn't mean you can hold your own against a pro fighter. They are doing this shit everyday. They are sharp, reaction time is good, and so on. Yes you can get lucky, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

Turtle and turn it into wrestling? They can drive knees into your ribs till you come out of your shell.

James

JohnGalt2341

Anyone else?

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Not that hard to go down from a glancing punch or offer up a choke and go limp early

TheCentaur

Anyone ever see the "Survive Couture" segment on Pros vs Joes? It was badass. These guys were lucky... they didn't have to worry about strikes and they even got to Tap! All of these "Joes" considered themselves great athletes... NONE of them did very well against Couture. Start watching the video at around 6 minutes in to get to the MMA segment. This is gold Jerry! Gold!
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12...-vs-joes_sport
    That was a great show. One of my favorites was when there were 3 Boston area Joes on there and Wade Boggs was a pro.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Change my answer...1K will do

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I'd pay them $25k.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Galter, when are we going to root in the Wrastlers at BWWs again??

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Zero!....not fighting those guys

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

$100K, without submissions I'd probably win with a few months training.

Just drop down to like 155 lbs 6% bf,

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    $100K, without submissions I'd probably win with a few months training.

Just drop down to like 155 lbs 6% bf,

Do you have prior training?.... I think you gonna need more than a couple of months to face world class fighters

TheCentaur

I think an important aspect not addressed is do we still get paid if there is a TKO from pass out, heart attack, or uncontrollable vomiting in the corner

Doubt anyone in here could do one 5 minute round without one of these things happening

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Do you have prior training?.... I think you gonna need more than a couple of months to face world class fighters
    You're talking about the Canadian free throw champion with a 36 inch standing vertical here in k13.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Galter, when are we going to root in the Wrastlers at BWWs again??
    I go up there periodically for the UFC fights. I'll more than likely be up there for UFC 175. Weidman vs Machida should be a great fight. I'm definitely picking Weidman.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    I think an important aspect not addressed is do we still get paid if there is a TKO from pass out, heart attack, or uncontrollable vomiting in the corner

Doubt anyone in here could do one 5 minute round without one of these things happening
    Hell, I'd probably be vomiting on the way to the cage. As long as you don't tap out or verbally quit and the ref stops the fight you'll still get paid.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    You're talking about the Canadian free throw champion with a 36 inch standing vertical here in k13.

LOL

I did post my championship medal...

I'd be like a bigger mayweather....juiced to the gills too,
    Only lose by submission. Doubt those kids could knock me out completely.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

I go up there periodically for the UFC fights. I'll more than likely be up there for UFC 175. Weidman vs Machida should be a great fight. I'm definitely picking Weidman.
    Good man.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I wouldn't fight

You never know the guy hit you in the wrong place you could die

No thanks I'm not about money like most of you guys

Money is not the answer

First 12