Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

All Infractions and Bannings need to be "transparent"

I like what this forum is doing with their Leper's Colony. Willie Bee would be Proud

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why did you put transparent in quotes?

sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

That I like

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I would love it. Would save mods a lot of work so we could focus on our other duties. People would see what's considered worthy of an infraction and have no excuse for making the same mistake. Plus it would save the hassle of waiting to discuss a more complex situation with a fellow mod/admin as precedent would be set so a decision could be made quickly.

I'm linking this to Site Suggestions as well

Extra Innings

Posting Rules
    Low Content Posts: Please do not make posts containing no content (ie, "first post," "hello, I'm new here," etc.). These just litter up the forums and with over 100,000 registered users, we need to eliminate these as much as possible. If you do not like a thread, then just vote it a "1" and move on; replies consisting solely of trolling fall into this category. As a general rule, write as if you were speaking in real life to another human being. Do not use any catchphrases, memes, internet slang, or any other crap that makes you look like a 12-year old.

Worthless Posts: We do not care if you are drunk or high; please do not inform us of either. Please do not register gimmick accounts and make posts as a gimmick, as they are not funny. Please do not post crap asking us to vote for you on some website, give you referrals for free iPods / flatscreens / spare tires, or any other semi-spam things.

Forum Fuckery: Don't **** up the forums or any user on the forums. If you post a malicious link (any URL with spyware or code designed to annoy people) you will be banned. Do not vote spam a thread with your friends because you don't like the person who posted it; this makes the voting feature useless. Do not make plans to annoy / destroy other forums.

Stay On Target: Try to use the appropriate thread tag for your post. This helps people find your thread and makes the forums more user friendly. Do not use the mod-only tags or you will be autobanned by the server.

Contained Conflict: Keep all flamewars and other arguments in their appropriate forums (FYAD, YCS, etc).

Respect the Mods and Writers: The moderators are here to keep the forums safe, sane, and secure. If they ask you to do something, please do it. Please do not harass or intentionally annoy the mods or insult the front page writers. If you do not like the mods or the moderation, feel free to not post here.

Harass and Sass: If somebody is harassing you on the forums then discuss it with them over PM or email before contacting a mod about it. Flames and insults do not constitute harassment. Please do not post others' personal information (phone number, addresses, emails, etc.). Try to stay out of other peoples' personal lives as well. Keep in mind there's a good distinction between the Internet and real life.

Account Ability: Only one person may use a forum account. Account sharing is a bannable offense, so please keep your password secure.

Crazy Catchall: Please do not try to cleverly circumvent some rule listed here. These rules are general guidelines and are very flexible.

FYAD Freedoms: You cannot post illegal material, harass others by posting their personal information or nude photos, spam thread subject lines to break the forum tables, harass any admins or mods, or start forum invasions in FYAD.

I Hate Speech: Offensive terms such as "fa\*\*ot" or "******" may or may not be bannable based on context of the sentence. If they were meant as humor with absolutely no offensive slurs meant, the user may not be banned or probated. This rule is completely, 100% subjective and is based on the mod reading the post at the time. Use at your own peril.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Why did you put transparent in quotes?
    To appear intelligent

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    I would love it. Would save mods a lot of work so we could focus on our other duties. People would see what's considered worthy of an infraction and have no excuse for making the same mistake. Plus it would save the hassle of waiting to discuss a more complex situation with a fellow mod/admin as precedent would be set so a decision could be made quickly.

I'm linking this to Site Suggestions as well
    Thanks Pal.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

if the posting rules was followed there would never be a post made.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

will you get an infraction if you call a cop like LVBOUND a "pig"???

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Not a bad idea Extra Innings

I never said you were fukkin dumb

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Not a bad idea Extra Innings

I never said you were fukkin dumb
    Also, lets implement a $5.99 one time sign up fee...probably take out 30% of posters

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

good idea EI, I think this would be pretty good to implement...could help solve some problems and at least posters will know exactly what they are getting an infraction/warning for.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Make it 20 bucks and you cut out all the trash

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

wtf is "threadshitting"

Extra Innings

I am a proponent of 6hr/short term bans, research has suggested this is a more effective way to shape behavior.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

EI pushing for some consistency

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    I am a proponent of 6hr/short term bans, research has suggested this is a more effective way to shape behavior.
    Unfortunately 6hrs doesn't always give enough time for alcohol to leave the poster's system. Or for them to get over a big betting loss. It seems those 2 reasons are why many posters all of a sudden start going haywire on the forum. And they don't just do it in one thread - they tend to take it across multiple ones which becomes a headache for Mods ie chasing down their posts, editing/deleting, receiving 10+ reports on the same post x 5, responding to PMs about the poster etc.

I think the current cool down period of 24hrs is quite fair. And the posters who tend to receive it are long-term posters who usually send an apology when they come back to the forum because they've had a day to think about it/sober up.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    Make it 20 bucks and you cut out all the trash

Punter4Life
    Punter4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

Make it happen.

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

You will never "shape" my behavior, that being said I've been on post review, banned, prohibited from getting points all without any "official" notice. I'm all for "transparency"

soxwin
    soxwin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7162

Shape behavior...lol