stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by LVBOUND View Post
    Here is the question. I know the debt doesnt go away after the ass kicking... But does it discount the debt. Does this mean if Refresh can get lets say 3 or 4 dimes he might be able to settle?

Well also lacking did he BET 10k or to win 10k, with the vig he would be into him for 11k if he bet to win 10k.

Ass beating = no discount, just a reminder to settle up. As for settling, I doubt it, look for the bookies eyes, kid comes up with 3-4k that means he can come up with the rest.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

Guys maybe I can call him and say I learnt my lesson I'm a young kid and I will quit gambling if he let's me be??? Or buy a gun these are my 2 options I think

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Quote Originally Posted by boatboatboat View Post
    Skity a book isn't going to beat up a client. Simply won't happen. This is 2011. last thing a book needs is the feds at his doorstep wanting to talk about the guy who got f#(k pummled in the wal-mart parking lot over a GAMBLING debt. Local police aren't going to waste their time trying to track down a local book, but they sure as shit will show up and make a call on a person who is thought to have something to do with having someone beat up. And BTW why we are here, can we please discuss GAMBLING with you. No book wants that kind of attention. A local cop will look the other way when someone is taking in action on a few games, but when they are having folks BEAT UP. Nawwwwwww, then the games are over, and EVERY Bookie knows that.
    Boat, great point, just never know how old school this guy is.

Also is this even a legit story, dude could have just took a header on his skateboard.

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's set up a fund, where we can donate so we can help out our friend here.

boatboatboat
    what the hell is this?
    boatboatboat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    dude could have just took a header on his skateboard.
    Correct. look at the injuries. People don't punch other people on the top of the head. Dude got blasted on rum and coke and tripped walking into an Arby's and had his buddies take a pic on their phones.

Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    That's barely a beating

Thats no shit.

BuckeyeT
    BuckeyeT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

If your story is true then just man up and call him and tell him what the deal is.

Nothing a bookie hates more then someone ducking him or his phone calls. Hell i was young and dumb once 22 years ago but i never ducked the bookie.

That beating was just a reminder that he didnt forget about the debt you owe.

Believe me you still owe the money just work out a payment plan with him and if he is a REAL bookie you not only owe the 10K i am sure he added a point or point and a half to the vig.

BE A MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

You lost you pay!

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

Correct. look at the injuries. People don't punch other people on the top of the head. Dude got blasted on rum and coke and tripped walking into an Arby's and had his buddies take a pic on their phones.
    Hey tough guy my head was being held to the ground

boatboatboat
    what the hell is this?

No it wasn't.

Stop watching so many old movies. Bookies don't beat people up.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

Ok whatever you say

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

no credit line, joe said tdot is too far to kick someones ass

sorry chief

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kid seems like a compulsive gambler and needs help

This could be a bottom for him

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Kid seems like a compulsive gambler and needs help This could be a bottom for him
    fuk him gold, 1 less in my way of POTM
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ninersnut

cigar
    cigar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

smoking is really bad for your health, quit that and at least youre moving forward

NYER5680
    NYER5680's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

Quote Originally Posted by 30k millionaire View Post
    rule #1: Don't bet money you don't have
    excellent point

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Skity a book isn't going to beat up a client. Simply won't happen. This is 2011. last thing a book needs is the feds at his doorstep wanting to talk about the guy who got f#(k pummled in the wal-mart parking lot over a GAMBLING debt.

Local police aren't going to waste their time trying to track down a local book, but they sure as shit will show up and make a call on a person who is thought to have something to do with having someone beat up. And BTW why we are here, can we please discuss GAMBLING with you. No book wants that kind of attention.

A local cop will look the other way when someone is taking in action on a few games, but when they are having folks BEAT UP. Nawwwwwww, then the games are over, and EVERY Bookie knows that.
    valid points, but a bookie can't get a rep as someone you can stiff. sometimes an example needs to be set or you will be out of business because you are soft. cops will look the other way on minor violence if you are paying off the right guys. me thinks mommy and daddy should just cut a check for the kid and have him work it off.

boatboatboat
    what the hell is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    cops will look the other way on minor violence if you are paying off the right guys.
    No they won't

one phone call to the feds and a local book trying to make a few bucks hustling a few games is doing time in a FEDERAL prison for book making, as well as the cops.

It is easier to get a cop to look the other way over a drug deal than it is a local bookie roughing up some 17 year old kid over a basketball bet gone bad.

Stop watching so many old movies.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    Guys maybe I can call him and say I learnt my lesson I'm a young kid and I will quit gambling if he let's me be??? Or buy a gun these are my 2 options I think
    what are you going to do with a gun? turn into clint eastwood? get the f outta here. so let's just play along and say you get the gun and they find you again. you pop a few rounds and miss and get picked up by cops for weapons charge. while in jail you get beat up a bit because you are a punk and it is highly likely the bookie knows someone on the inside. so now you have an arrest, lawyer fees, possible jail time and still owe the bookie 10k. you sir are not bright.

best thing to do is call the bookie and offer him what you can right now and pay it off asap.

boatboatboat
    what the hell is this?

"Guys maybe I can call him and say I learnt my lesson I'm a young kid and I will quit gambling if he let's me be??? Or buy a gun these are my 2 options I think"

3rd option. Stop making up bullshit stories.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Quote Originally Posted by robzilla View Post
    maybe that was just a reminder to pay. Get the feds on speed dial.
    U serious? That's a sure way to be shot dead.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Kid seems like a compulsive gambler and needs help

This could be a bottom for him
    Gold, u should shack up w/ him and show him the ropes.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

No they won't

one phone call to the feds and a local book trying to make a few bucks hustling a few games is doing time in a FEDERAL prison for book making, as well as the cops.

It is easier to get a cop to look the other way over a drug deal than it is a local bookie roughing up some 17 year old kid over a basketball bet gone bad.

Stop watching so many old movies.
    i would agree with your statement about them looking the other way over a dope deal, but in all reality feds are only getting involved if it is a large scale book that either has activites in multiple states and/or ties to "organized crime". otherwise it is a local issue and depending on the location it may be blown off. feds got way too much on their plate to go sniffing out every local that gets dime dropped on.

i'm just speaking from past experience that knowing the right people will allow you to operate for a good enough run to set yourself up to go legit and have enough cash stocked away to live comfortable unless you are an idiot.

there are far more effective ways of getting a debt paid off than a quick beatdown so the bookie in the o.p. scenario is likely an amateur. letting an unknown kid bet 10k on a side without collatoral is another indicator they are amateurs as well.

either way, you know your shit, so much respect.

Wiggums5
    The Wiggler
    Wiggums5's Avatar Become A Pro!

ouch.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kid will be betting again this weekend

He bet with rookies it seems too

What a clown

boatboatboat
    what the hell is this?

Oh stop it.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonQueen View Post
    What an idiot. That UConn/Kentucky game was April 2nd... it's April 8th.

"for the following 2 weeks they called"

Also, you seriously need to go to GA. No joking, pal. You have a problem MUCH worse than the dudes who are going to come back and kill you.

^^
    This

HotStreak
    Smokin'
    HotStreak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

You look like you fell off a skateboard.

Are you standing in front of your high school?

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

this is why you always buy a tracphone throwaway to conduct your business. i heard they're taking you to an 11 story bank building morning and dangling you from the roofstop. you wear a rug? i suggest you strap that unit on extra smug that day. good luck

clarkd32
    clarkd32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

wait till you see the juice he is charging you on your debt...

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kid fell off his huffy

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Oh they just want the fight taken out of you to soften up whats next......gonna have an inmate straight outta hard time come see you at night and pound that ass since he hasn;t had any in awhile....this will be the guys first paycheck for a new hire since cons have to do this sort of work to survive.
    Next time, he'll be the 4th guy out of that car, and again and again until they get $10K worth out of you, which might, unfortunately, require at least 4 more booty calls from bubba.

Godspeed man, I wish you luck! and hey...just let it happen....makes it go faster I hear

Jackson Hole
    Jackson Hole's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game was last weekend, but a few weeks after the game, you got beat up.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

as jj would say....numbers up, storytelling down son...
    lot of locals giving kids 10k credit lines....jaysus

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

looks like a skateboard fall or some shit like that to me

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

try washin it off take ya a nap son....

First 123456 ... Last