Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Pakistan vs India...Cricket..who you got?

May watch just for the riots

India is the better side?

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

better off flipping a coin

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

i was gonna say go with the middle eastern team but that doesnt exactly help in this spot

squares are on india

lol

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    better off flipping a coin
    Or a grenade.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

who fukkin cares ??is that a sport? what do the winner get?? a pot of rice ??

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxyfish View Post

It's the cricket World Cup...for them it's the damn Superbowl....prices for tickets were being scalped for 100x the face value....almost a years salary over there. Amazing to see the riots going on...it's the first time they've played since the terrorist attack in Mumbai.

SoV
    "Why always me"

Quote Originally Posted by Roxxyfish View Post
    More viewers than any Yank sport easily.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Pakistan should win. Doesn't it take 3 days and 5,000 pitches to finish just one game?

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

so....what's the play?

ebbearsfb1

India
    Pakistan
    Match scheduled to begin at 14:30 local time (09:00 GMT)

Current time: 08:04 local, 02:34 GMT | Match begins in: 6:26 India squadMS Dhoni*†, V Sehwag, R Ashwin, PP Chawla, G Gambhir, Harbhajan Singh, Z Khan, V Kohli, A Nehra, MM Patel, YK Pathan, SK Raina, S Sreesanth, SR Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh Pakistan squadShahid Afridi*, Misbah-ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq, Abdur Rehman, Ahmed Shehzad, Asad Shafiq, Junaid Khan, Kamran Akmal†, Mohammad Hafeez, Saeed Ajmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Akmal†, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Younis Khan
    theres the line ups

SoV
    "Why always me"

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Pakistan should win. Doesn't it take 3 days and 5,000 pitches to finish just one game?
    50*6*2 = 600 pitches.

And this is a one-dayer. So around 6-8 hrs.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Pakistan

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post
    50*6*2 = 600 pitches.

And this is a one-dayer. So around 6-8 hrs.
    6-8 hrs? The concession stands will be really busy.

Can't imagine the lines to the toilets.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Shantystar Pmed me with a major play on Pakees His bread and butter here

This will be on at the worst possible time. It will be from like 2 am to 8 am my time

ebbearsfb1

good so late night cash?

pakistans the play?

u sure

triqy
    triqy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Ill be playing Pakistan +150 at 5dimes...what are the lines some of you are getting at the different books?

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

india is the play here. call it "revenge" for the terrorist attacks in mumbai. plus india played better in the later stages of the tournament.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Pakistan is the play

ebbearsfb1

People on both

Nats' Fan
    Nats' Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Do any of you degenerates actually know anything about cricket?

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Nats' Fan View Post
    Do any of you degenerates actually know anything about cricket?
    thats why were degens

SoV
    "Why always me"

Going to be a boss game. Looking forward to it.

Nats' Fan
    Nats' Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Quote Originally Posted by onetrickpony View Post
    thats why were degens
    Me too. I was looking for some action.

binomial
    binomial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6841

pakistan looks value on form. but there has to be a fairly significant chance of them choking in such a big game as they do.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

india was the favorite to win the cup from the beginnig of the WC, hard to see them not go through to the final

not to mention that they have home field advantage

but I will wait until closer to game time to make a final decision, lets see who will be batting first

TRone
    TRone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

I'm on India here, just with betpoints though. Would not bet real cash on them at -180. I am not Indian but have traveled there extensively years ago. Wish I could be there for this, the atmosphere is gonna be crazy. Businesses will be closed and people will skip work in both countries. These two countries hate each other more than any two other countries in the world. I'm not sure if things have changed and it could still be the same, but these two countries didn't play each other outside of these big tournaments because of huge safety concerns and just a disdain for each other.
    I feel the team that bats second will win this. I am routing for the Indians though and bet my betpoints on them. I may place a live wager depending on how things look.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by triqy View Post
    Ill be playing Pakistan +150 at 5dimes...what are the lines some of you are getting at the different books?
    http://www.oddsportal.com/cricket/wo...-india-607962/

NEW_WORLD
    NEW_WORLD's Avatar Become A Pro!

over 15.5 wides

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

saw this on espn earlier. didnt bother reading but maybe some of you guys will find it helpful/interesting...
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/etick...110329/Cricket

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by NEW_WORLD View Post
    over 15.5 wides
    only if shoaib plays

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

This comes down to India's batting advantage versus Pakistan's bowling advantage. To quote ESPNcricinfo:

"In this World Cup, India have the better average (39.46) and run-rate (5.89) than Pakistan, who average 33.13 and score at 5.07. No Pakistani batsman has scored a century in this World Cup so far, while there have been five centuries for India in their seven matches. Three of India's batsmen figure among the top ten run-getters in the World Cup, whereas Umar Akmal, Pakistan's top scorer does not figure in the top 20.

Pakistan have been the better bowling side by far, though. They have an excellent economy rate (4.11) and average (19.95). While there have been two four-wicket hauls for Indian bowlers, all four of Pakistan's four-wicket hauls have been taken by Afridi. Shoaib Akhtar hasn't been at his best in the World Cup, but Pakistan might still risk him given his record against India - 41 wickets at 26.78. For India, Zaheer Khan, with17 wickets at an average of 16.23 in the tournament, has been the best bowler. Yuvraj Singh has been highly successful with 11 wickets at 24.63. On the other hand, the experienced Harbhajan Singh has had a very ordinary time, with six wickets at an average of nearly 50."

Pakistan had a much easier set of group matches, and their bowling figures were flattered by Canada, Kenya and the West Indies quarter final collapse. Pakistan also had a batting collapse against New Zealand, and - Canada??? India are 4-0 against Pakistan in world cup matches and Pakistan have a history of batting collapses. Pakistan can win on their day, but I say if this game is played 10 times, India wins 7 of them, therefore getting odds of -175 on India is good value to me, as I look it at like (0.7*1-0.3*1.75) = 0.175 x UNITS bet.

If Pakistan win the toss and bat first and can put up a good total, say 270+ I'd make them favourites to win by the 2nd innings. Any other scenario and I think it's going to be a long night for Pakistan supporters.

So biggest bet of the world cup for me on this game, $600 to win $330 on India.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by benrama View Post
    This comes down to India's batting advantage versus Pakistan's bowling advantage. To quote ESPNcricinfo:

"In this World Cup, India have the better average (39.46) and run-rate (5.89) than Pakistan, who average 33.13 and score at 5.07. No Pakistani batsman has scored a century in this World Cup so far, while there have been five centuries for India in their seven matches. Three of India's batsmen figure among the top ten run-getters in the World Cup, whereas Umar Akmal, Pakistan's top scorer does not figure in the top 20.

Pakistan have been the better bowling side by far, though. They have an excellent economy rate (4.11) and average (19.95). While there have been two four-wicket hauls for Indian bowlers, all four of Pakistan's four-wicket hauls have been taken by Afridi. Shoaib Akhtar hasn't been at his best in the World Cup, but Pakistan might still risk him given his record against India - 41 wickets at 26.78. For India, Zaheer Khan, with17 wickets at an average of 16.23 in the tournament, has been the best bowler. Yuvraj Singh has been highly successful with 11 wickets at 24.63. On the other hand, the experienced Harbhajan Singh has had a very ordinary time, with six wickets at an average of nearly 50."

Pakistan had a much easier set of group matches, and their bowling figures were flattered by Canada, Kenya and the West Indies quarter final collapse. Pakistan also had a batting collapse against New Zealand, and - Canada??? India are 4-0 against Pakistan in world cup matches and Pakistan have a history of batting collapses. Pakistan can win on their day, but I say if this game is played 10 times, India wins 7 of them, therefore getting odds of -175 on India is good value to me, as I look it at like (0.7*1-0.3*1.75) = 0.175 x UNITS bet.

If Pakistan win the toss and bat first and can put up a good total, say 270+ I'd make them favourites to win by the 2nd innings. Any other scenario and I think it's going to be a long night for Pakistan supporters.

So biggest bet of the world cup for me on this game, $600 to win $330 on India.
    excellent write up, I didn't get anywhere near -175 but I think India wins this. We shall see

benrama
    benrama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Gregm - what odds do you get? Pinnacle now has it at -172 and my local Aussie book at about the same at 1.58.

I swear I have some type of voodoo curse when I post my plays on SBR so I generally don't list them, but I thought that's just superstitious BS so I'd rather be involved in the dialogue. My main concern with India is their bowling, but if they can win the toss and bat first the odds on India almost double IMO.

Should be a good game either way, let's see if I can stay awake for this one!

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

I can get -165 at 5Dimes...jeesus am I going to get talked into betting this shit?

Is the line not over -200 cause of the respect for rivalry, when Pakis are really overrmatched?

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by benrama View Post
    This comes down to India's batting advantage versus Pakistan's bowling advantage. To quote ESPNcricinfo: "In this World Cup, India have the better average (39.46) and run-rate (5.89) than Pakistan, who average 33.13 and score at 5.07. No Pakistani batsman has scored a century in this World Cup so far, while there have been five centuries for India in their seven matches. Three of India's batsmen figure among the top ten run-getters in the World Cup, whereas Umar Akmal, Pakistan's top scorer does not figure in the top 20. Pakistan have been the better bowling side by far, though. They have an excellent economy rate (4.11) and average (19.95). While there have been two four-wicket hauls for Indian bowlers, all four of Pakistan's four-wicket hauls have been taken by Afridi. Shoaib Akhtar hasn't been at his best in the World Cup, but Pakistan might still risk him given his record against India - 41 wickets at 26.78. For India, Zaheer Khan, with17 wickets at an average of 16.23 in the tournament, has been the best bowler. Yuvraj Singh has been highly successful with 11 wickets at 24.63. On the other hand, the experienced Harbhajan Singh has had a very ordinary time, with six wickets at an average of nearly 50." Pakistan had a much easier set of group matches, and their bowling figures were flattered by Canada, Kenya and the West Indies quarter final collapse. Pakistan also had a batting collapse against New Zealand, and - Canada??? India are 4-0 against Pakistan in world cup matches and Pakistan have a history of batting collapses. Pakistan can win on their day, but I say if this game is played 10 times, India wins 7 of them, therefore getting odds of -175 on India is good value to me, as I look it at like (0.7*1-0.3*1.75) = 0.175 x UNITS bet. If Pakistan win the toss and bat first and can put up a good total, say 270+ I'd make them favourites to win by the 2nd innings. Any other scenario and I think it's going to be a long night for Pakistan supporters. So biggest bet of the world cup for me on this game, $600 to win $330 on India.
    most of the stuff is right but Pakistans group matches were not easy, they did beat sri lanka who is in the finals right now and they did beat australia, both pools had almost even matchups

123 Last