View New Posts
  • Thread Tools
  1. #1
    NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-07-09
    Posts: 10,809
    Betpoints: 1027

    The "Action-Reverse" Betting System -How to Benefit from It?

    I keep seeing a bunch of "action reverse" betting systems being put out by many online betting sites and wondered exactly what this was. So I looked it up and got this answer:


    "Understanding Action Reverse Betting System
    Now that the concept of IF bet has been discussed, it will be easy for a bettor to understand the idea of Action Reverse wager. An Action Reverse is simply a pair of IF Action bets. This type of wager is made by placing an IF Action bet in a reverse manner of a previous IF action wager. To make things simpler, an Action Reverse wager goes this way: if Team Panda wins or pushes then there is an action on Team Civet. Likewise, if Team Civet wins or pushes, then there is an action on Team Panda. Here is a sample of a 2 play Action-Reverse wager:

    A wager of US$110 to win US$100 on Team Panda in Game 1 is placed. If this wager wins or pushes, the wager on Team Civet in Game 2 has an action.
    AND:
    A wager of US$110 to win US$100 on Team Civet in Game 2 is placed. If this bet either wins or pushes, the bet of US$110 to win US$100 on Team Panda in Game 1 has action.

    If all wagers made wins, a bettor will get US$400, however, if all wagers made loses, the bettor will also lose US$220. Moreover, if only one of the wagers made wins, the bettor will take home US$100 only. In a nutshell, an Action Reverse bet is made by bettors because it gives them the chance to win twice the amount of their expected winnings in two games
    ."


    So are they saying that instead of doing a 2 -team parlay I should do this style of betting becasue even if I win one out of two I still get paid out? Can someone explain the advantage of this betting system to me and when it is ideal to use it?

  2. #2
    Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-12-09
    Posts: 5,708

    The only people who love A and R's are the bookmakers themselves. Based on a $100 play, the scenarios are as follows using -110 lines:

    Win 2>>>+400

    Win 1>>>-120

    Win 0>>>-220

    Therefore, since we normally go 50% instead of just losing the vig on 2 $100 bets which would be $10, you lose $120. Not smart, stay away.

  3. #3
    gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-30-10
    Posts: 3,236
    Betpoints: 3858

    Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210;9327217[I


    If all wagers made wins, a bettor will get US$400, however, if all wagers made loses, the bettor will also lose US$220. Moreover, if only one of the wagers made wins, the bettor will take home US$100 only. In a nutshell, an Action Reverse bet is made by bettors because it gives them the chance to win twice the amount of their expected winnings in two games[/i]."
    Holy Crap -- what a misleading way to phrase that to sucker you into betting it!

    you 'take home only 100" ?? no you lose $120!! you 'take home' 100 of the 220 you bet!

    I could never find a reason to play AR's they seem like such a sucker bet ..
    300pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY3rd Place 9/18/2014

    BTP
    Week 4
    5-0-0 575 pts

    BTP
    Week 4
    5-0-0 575 pts


  4. #4
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 174,100
    Betpoints: 3177

    Its a get out type of bet in the east coast

    When your down big you take action reverses

    SBR Founder Join Date: 7/20/2005


  5. #5
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 8,414
    Betpoints: 38

    Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post

    Holy Crap -- what a misleading way to phrase that to sucker you into betting it!

    you 'take home only 100" ?? no you lose $120!! you 'take home' 100 of the 220 you bet!

    I could never find a reason to play AR's they seem like such a sucker bet ..
    Not if it's two big ML dogs.

    BTP
    Week 4
    4-1-0 374 pts

    BTP
    Week 4
    4-1-0 374 pts


  6. #6
    Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-12-09
    Posts: 5,708

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Not if it's two big ML dogs.
    Two plus 200 dogs.

    Win 1 of 2: If you played them flat you'd be up +100. If you play them in an A/R you lose 0. Still a better result to bet them flat, unless of course you hit both which we've already established.

  7. #7
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 8,414
    Betpoints: 38

    Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    Two plus 200 dogs.

    Win 1 of 2: If you played them flat you'd be up +100. If you play them in an A/R you lose 0. Still a better result to bet them flat, unless of course you hit both which we've already established.
    I was just explaining how it would be possible to win $100 splitting. Both ML Dogs would have to be huge (+300).

    If you split, you'd win $100.

    BTP
    Week 4
    4-1-0 374 pts

    BTP
    Week 4
    4-1-0 374 pts


  8. #8
    gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-30-10
    Posts: 3,236
    Betpoints: 3858

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I was just explaining how it would be possible to win $100 splitting. Both ML Dogs would have to be huge (+300).

    If you split, you'd win $100.
    IF!, but the example given wasnt two +300 dogs, the example give was two -110 teams.
    300pts

    SBR POKER TOURNEY3rd Place 9/18/2014

    BTP
    Week 4
    5-0-0 575 pts

    BTP
    Week 4
    5-0-0 575 pts


  9. #9
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 8,414
    Betpoints: 38

    Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post

    IF!, but the example given wasnt two +300 dogs, the example give was two -110 teams.
    Either way, none of it makes sense. They're not explaining a system, they're trying to define what a reverse is and they don't even know.

    http://www.ixgames.com/action_reverse/

    BTP
    Week 4
    4-1-0 374 pts

    BTP
    Week 4
    4-1-0 374 pts


Top