Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Palmer or Kolb possible trade to the 49ers?

Now if Cincy does decide to trade Palmer do you think the 49ers would jump on him? And lets apply the same scenario to Phillys Kevin Kolb.

Please keep in mind that this is only speculation and that we really don't know if Cincy or Philly will let go of Palmer and Kolb respectively.

I'd like to see Palmer suit up for the 49ers... though Kolb would also be a good fit there. But If I were the 49ers I'd go with experience and welcome Palmer to the team...

So Niners fans tell me; what would you prefer to see, a Vet QB or a fresher arm like Kolb?

Again this is only hypothetically speaking, though you never know it might be a reality...

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

palmer will be better fit than kolb in 49ers (and they can also draft a young qb to develop, and be very competitive in the nfc west, in the meanwhile), it will be very tempting for the bengals to receive the 7th pick for palmer (so they can get their new qbin gabbert/newton and some DL). Kolb money wise will make more sense since he'll be cheaper than palmer, also they still have alex smith on the roster (who is making considerable $$$$). But for that to happen there should be a cba before the draft, since teams can't move players until there's new cba.

Dax

Yeah fukin CBA man, I hate the feeling that shit's givin me... it's makin the season look so bleak I hope they come to some sort of agreement, I'd hate to go with no NFL this season.

Palmer isn't in it for the money, we all know he's filthy rich and has Millions in the bank... I bet he'd go over for a small one year contract just to get outta Cincy... But would San Fran have to give up anything else aside from a Draft pick or player to make that happen? or would they have to pay Cincy something for Palmers remainder of his contract with Cincy, they still have him for like 4 years right?

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

It could happen, Palmer and Harbaugh have the same agent. And Palmer is from California, I'm sure he would be happy to go back home. The 49ers are desperate and hungry for playoffs and a veteran quarterback gives them the best option at doing that for next year.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

i definitely could see palmer in a 49ers uniform. going back to cali!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I'd go with Palmer. He's eager for a fresh start. I could see him as a positive leader on a young team that is a QB away from being a very competitive team. I'd consider Palmer more of a "sure thing" over Kolb and Palmer comes at a lower cost in terms of draft picks. Plus, maybe Palmer can catch some magic in going back home to his old stomping grounds where he cut his teeth.

Dax

There you go... Palmer is winning the poles... And you're totally right the 49ers are a QB away from being a really competitive team... I'd really like to see that, I hope Cincy lets the guy go... But it's all pointing to an early retirement... what a shame.

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

49ers and Palmer? good combination

walshy83
    walshy83's Avatar Become A Pro!

If they both have the same agent, I feel like its a matter of when with the NFL situation is done, a trade will happen.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Harbaugh and the Niners were smart they would start Alex Smith, go 1-15, and then draft Andrew Luck.

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whatever the decision .. I hope niners will be a better rep for our division

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

whreres Kyle ORton's name?
    i see him as traded

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Kolb is definitely gonna go for a first round pick to someone

Vikes, 9ers, Cards, etc

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Palmer as a 49er against Hasselback's Seahawks.
    Sounds good.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Kolb is built for a West Coast Offense. Precision routes, quick throws. He will be very efficient in an offense like that and people will be surprised at how successful he is IMO.

Frostware
    Frostware's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5433

Palmer is the better pick in my eyes.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Palmer is done. For 3 years now, I figured he'd be a damn fine QB again and challenge to be elite.
    He's not.
    Kimo Vonolhoffen (spelling?) made sure of that when he speared him in the knee and effectivly ended his career.
    As for the 9rs, heck, Tavaris Jackson is a better option than Alex Smith. Why ANY team puts ANY investment into him starting is a team that is destined to stink even longer. I got sick to my stomach seeing Smith playing o.k. on Monday Night and listening to the media watching him 'growing up in front of our eyes', yet, he's been given more chances than every crap ass QB that busted in the first round.
    At this point, you have to say Alex Smith is an incredible bust - but not on the levels of Andre Ware or David Klingler. He's worse than Ryan Leaf, without the media meltdown. I think Jamarcus Russel has a higher upside (I really do), even though he's expelled from the NFL. Jamarcus threw a really nice corner route and underneath 'hot' read WAY better and with more authority, not to mention his mobility. I'm just sick of how white QBs that shut up get treated. Alex Smith is BARELY a UFL QB.

With all them words (sorry), Palmer COULD be an NFL QB again. He showed a LOT of flashes, but when watching him on tape, he's scared, he's nowhere near as accurate and he has nothing like the ability he has shown prior to getting his knee exploded on a cheap shot hit (which also, effectively, has made Tom Brady not as effective, thus far).

I'd give up a #1 for Kolb right now, if I had no QB option, EASY. Kolb isn't a fantastic QB, but he's far far FAR superior to say Matt Shaub, at this point, although Shaub didn't get a #1 pick in trade for him. Kolb got shutoff due to Vick, IMO, unfairly. Vick is very sexy, but Vick is not an NFL QB, IMO. Vick is only getting slower and his reading ability/speed are only getting worse as he ages, IMO. Vick's ability is interesting - but it's not able to win a Superbowl, which is what you build for. I know Philly wants more than a first rounder for Kolb, but they aren't mental. He's an NFL QB, for certain, in the correct offense - epsecially one that can block.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    (which also, effectively, has made Tom Brady not as effective, thus far).
    Dude, Tom Brady just won the NFL MVP. Last year was his 2nd highest production of his career. Not as effective?!

I was sorta not sure about some of your points, but this one takes the cake. Tom Brady not effective? Duh!

BWest
    BWest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1019

Carson Palmer appears to have some type of arm injury. All parties deny this which makes it all the more likely. No advantage to anyone to disclose an injury.

BWest
    BWest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1019

The Eagles are under no pressure to let Kolb go. He is a better than any QB in the draft right now. How many !st rounders flop? In addition, QB is overvalued in the draft in comparison to their combine/scout rating. Hold out for a number 1, a number of teams are in poor shape now and in the immediate future at the QB position ( eg. Hasselbach in Seattle). Kolb has been in the NFL for several years under Reid's direction. The closest thing to a sure bet QB as opposed to the draft.

iwantcougars

can the bengals get a 2nd round for ochocinco???

darren125
    darren125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Palmer but only as a stop-gap.

zoso11871
    zoso11871's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2334

I could definitely see Palmer in SF.

Dax

Well there you go, WE all want Palmer to go to SF, with a few exceptions... I still think he's a great QB and he still has a lot to give, he just needs a better team and I'm sure the 9ers can provide exactly what he's looking for...

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Carson Palmer is more used to wearing warm colors. However, Eagles' green is an opposite color of the 49ers' jerseys, so I don't know if Kolb could adjust to the West Coast tidal patterns as easily.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Dude, Tom Brady just won the NFL MVP. Last year was his 2nd highest production of his career. Not as effective?!

I was sorta not sure about some of your points, but this one takes the cake. Tom Brady not effective? Duh!
    Tom Brady is the BEST QB in the NFL ever IMO. He's better than all of them. He's still not as impressive as he COULD be. The guy became the best working with crap for receivers over his career and made them awesome, IMO.

I still think Brady was WAY off his potential last year by a lot. The guy is amazingly good. I suppose I didn't fill out that point enough. TONS of people think Manning is the best QB ever... But if you compared their big games, it's not even close. Manning is crap by comparison.

That all said. Brady's ability is tied to him getting speared in the knee. It definitatly has an impact on him, despite throwing to crap receivers (Wes Welker right now is crap, IMO, his knees are blown up hardcore, it takes 2 years MAYBE to get that pace back). They should call the rule where Brady, like Palmer, go speared in the knees the "Sammy Morris OMG I'm late to block my assignment" rule.

I know Brady won "MVP", but he was off form, IMO. I guess I saw a dickload of Pats games on tape. Scary, that I hammer the best QB I've ever seen (Better than Montana, only just), yet that knee thing makes me wonder.
    Last edited by McBa1n; 03-12-11 at 04:58 AM.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

both are second rated qb. nothing much left in palmer, kolb sucks!

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    I know Brady won "MVP", but he was off form, IMO. ... yet that knee thing makes me wonder.
    I'm sure the "knee thing" will have some effect on the guy in the same way that Aaron Rodgers' concussion history will continue to accumulate and the same way that Ben Roethlisberger's various injuries due to his style of play seem to already be catching up to him. The NFL isn't tiddly winks, these guys get beat up and all QBs accumulate their share of injuries. Maybe Tom Brady is off 5% from what he could have been if he'd never had a major injury throughout the course of his career, but that's not how the game is played.

Tom Brady's two years after his knee injury were 2 of his 3 best years in his career from a production standpoint. Carson Palmer's two years after his knee injury were also 2 of his 3 best years in his career from a production standpoint. My point is that the knee injury is not the serious problem that you're making it out to be.

Now, Carson's production did drop noticeably after his injury to his elbow in 2008. If there was a case to be made here, this is where the microscope needs to be placed, on his elbow and not his knee.

CaptainPrice

No thinks orton could be traded to these teams?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainPrice View Post
    No thinks orton could be traded to these teams?
    There isn't a ton of evidence that Denver is trying to actively trade Orton or that Orton wants out of Denver.

There isn't a ton of evidence that Tebow is ready to be a full time starter in the NFL. Denver needs a starting QB.

jane2geo
    jane2geo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3112

Quote Originally Posted by xxxvince View Post
    both are second rated qb. nothing much left in palmer, kolb sucks!
    No, Kolb doesn’t suck. I want him to stay in Phily. Vick was exposed late last season, and will physically breakdown next season trying to find the magic again.

iwantcougars

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    There isn't a ton of evidence that Denver is trying to actively trade Orton or that Orton wants out of Denver.

There isn't a ton of evidence that Tebow is ready to be a full time starter in the NFL. Denver needs a starting QB.

I'm sure if one team knocks on denver FO door offering a 1st round for him or early 2nd round (33-48ish), they'll trade him, because he only has more season on his contract, 2012 qb class is projected to be more strong than this one (jones, luck, bradley), i'm sure they'll like to get something out of him, afc west will be chargers and perhaps a bit of chiefs next season

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    I'm sure if one team knocks on denver FO door offering a 1st round for him or early 2nd round (33-48ish), they'll trade him, because he only has more season on his contract, 2012 qb class is projected to be more strong than this one (jones, luck, bradley), i'm sure they'll like to get something out of him, afc west will be chargers and perhaps a bit of chiefs next season
    I'm not sure anyone is going to offer that for Orton. Besides, I feel like Orton is a John Fox kinda guy. We'll see.

CaptainPrice

I don't think Denver fans will let tebow sit idle either.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

When you are hoping that Palmer takes over the riens as the QB of your team, then you know your team is in trouble.

The guy has been washed up for 3 years. INJ, or not its all about production.

12 Last