Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Julio Jones WR, who'll Draft him?

This kid was just incredible in the Combine, and on a BROKEN foot. He's going to be a fantastic player and I'd love to see him playing for the Saints as a deep threat next to Colston, but I guess that's just a Saints fan Dream, In my honest opinion I think he'll prolly be picked up by Cincy or the Browns, being that both teams lack any deep threat.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Wouldn't be surprised to see Belichick show interest in him if Saban gives Bill a glowing recommendation. Doubt he'll be around at pick 17, but Pats have a ton of chips to use in this draft and if he wants him, he'll make the move to get him. Green will be off the board before Jones so who really knows what's going to happen.

Bill has a board of 25 kids he wants each draft and tries to get as many of them as he can. If he passes on a Bama or Gator player it is due to Saban or Meyer telling their buddy the kid isn't going to be a solid fit for him.

Dax

It would be awesome to see him play in the Pats uniform cuz you know he'll be a perfect fit for a Moss-less Brady, but yeah I highly doubt he'll be available that far in the draft... I still think would Palmer stay if they did pick him up? yeah he's got 80M in the bank and yeah he doesn't wanna suit up again in stripes but Shit this could be the player he's missing to launch him to stardom. We all know Carson isn't a Wow factor in the game, but when he gets on fire you can really see the potential in him... Could Julio be what he's missing? would that make a difference? I can only wonder.. I do know this though, Julio WILL IN FACT BE IN MY Fantasy LINE UP hehehe...

CaptainPrice
    CaptainPrice's Avatar Become A Pro!

where about will he be picked

shinnman
    shinnman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

clevland will take him 6 if he is still there , we need cpl receivers

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

would rather see him in buffalo than cleveland or cincy

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

i dont see him getting past the rams at 14. bradford needs a go to receiver

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Rams.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Saints. Then when they're way ahead in games they can run a double reverse with him and Julius Jones and confuse the fukk out of the announcers.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I'd be shocked if he got past 11 picks into the draft. I thought he'd go higher in the draft, but he's one of only a few players I really watched during the season. He might be a good fit in NE if they moved up. There's a dickload of teams that want to move out of the top 10.

Dax

It would be interesting to see Jones end up in the Rams, OBVIOUSLY he'd be great with the Saints, but that's just asking for too much... This kid is gonna go in the first 6 picks of the Draft... Mark my words, after what he did in the Combine (with a broken foot might I add) he's gonna be picked up faster than a new hooker on the corner...

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

this guy who used to play college ball for maryland told me julio is a tad overrated, he drops alot of passes

Quake
    Quake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Browns hopefully

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post
    this guy who used to play college ball for maryland told me julio is a tad overrated, he drops alot of passes
    that is something i noticed when watching him, but he didn't have the greatest guys passing him the ball either. the kid run blocks at an nfl level. would have to see the list of teams picking in draft, but i can't see him making it to #17.

for a pure big play wr, green is the better choice. would be a mistake for a team with a qb who doesn't throw a great deep ball to grab him(i'm talking to you holmgren).

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I doubt he'll ever be anything great in the NFL. Maybe a poor mans Anquan Boldin.

McBa1n
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    I doubt he'll ever be anything great in the NFL. Maybe a poor mans Anquan Boldin.
    Boldin ran a really really bad 40 (4.6+). Whilst he's very talented, you don't draft a guy in the first round with that kind of speed unless he's got that 'something something' Those guys aren't even 1 time in a generation (Jerry Rice). I'd be SHOCKED if Jones lasted until the Rams. There's just no way. You're going to have to trade down to get him. This is not a very deep draft nor a very sexy one by any means... Also, the skill positions are very blah blah this year. Mark Ingram running what he did in the 40 impressed no one. You can get 4.6 veterans to run the rock all you want all day. You need a dickload of talent (like Ingram) to have a shot running that slow at the combine, or at least something else (like incredible size, like Bettis) to have a shot of being a top pick.

All in all, this is one of the worst class of players I've seen in 3-4 years... I'd take a shot on Jones if I had a top 10 pick no problem. You draft for upside, not generic production, in the first round. Being "safe" gets you and AJ Hawk when you'd rather have more of an impact player that is all pro. Bust or not, you gotta go for it.

hothandsmgee
    hothandsmgee's Avatar Become A Pro!

He did great. I still dont see him going ahead of green

lamanax
    lamanax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4983

I thought Jones was a little overrated too when I saw him. I always expected him to dominate based on rep, but always disappointed a tad. I thought Green was better but never thought he was a surefire star either, though the draft guys seem to think he is as solid as they come...

McBa1n
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lamanax View Post
    I thought Jones was a little overrated too when I saw him. I always expected him to dominate based on rep, but always disappointed a tad. I thought Green was better but never thought he was a surefire star either, though the draft guys seem to think he is as solid as they come...
    This is the conundrum of drafting in the NFL. I think Jones is far SUPERIOR to Green, whom has that (something something), but I'd still take a shot at him early, although, to be serious, the WR talent pool screams "second round", to me. This is a piss poor draft and surely, I think Jones far and away is a superior talent in NFL terms compared to Green.

Green, IMO, has potential to be very good - I think Jones has the ability to be 'excellent'.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

browns, redskins or rams will take him, unless someone trades up

jahred6999
    jahred6999's Avatar Become A Pro!

The niners look like they'll be drafting him

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by jahred6999 View Post
    The niners look like they'll be drafting him
    they need a qb more than another high paid receiver (crabtree)

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Redskins, even though they really need some DL