No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

So the idea was to make PIT an underdog

So that the public would be "trapped" into taking them, correct?

At least, that's the theory I heard a lot yesterday -- that the natural reaction would be "I get the more experienced Steelers with points? Sign me up!"

Well so far, 57% of the bets are on GB - the points.

It'll be interesting to see what happens from here. I still think the Steelers are the play. Solid D (not quite as good as GB's, but still formidable), better running game, and a QB with two rings vs. one who's just getting started in the playoffs.

If that makes me a sucker, then I guess I've fallen for it.

waco66
    Canucks -1.5
    waco66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

rodgers is going to pick apart the steelers d. green bay will run 30 times n only get 60 yards. doesnt matter the yardage...green bay runs so teams respect the play fakes. everyone talks about green bays running game as a non factor but it is. its mor about the carries than the yardage. mark my words...rodgers will rape that secondary indoors. take green bay ml.

the12thman
    the12thman's Avatar Become A Pro!

polamalu will handle the deep ball
    steeler linebackers will abuse GB oline

Moneyclip
    Moneyclip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49762

James Harrison will give Rodgers a concussion and it's all over from there. League will fine him 25k but he won't care because he will have the championship.

gilbert91016
    gilbert91016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14185

Leaning on Pitt ML. Bol

AmpleGamble
    AmpleGamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 834

Steelers ftw

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by waco66 View Post
    rodgers is going to pick apart the steelers d. green bay will run 30 times n only get 60 yards. doesnt matter the yardage...green bay runs so teams respect the play fakes. everyone talks about green bays running game as a non factor but it is. its mor about the carries than the yardage. mark my words...rodgers will rape that secondary indoors. take green bay ml.
    I pretty much agree with this post, I would send a point or two your way, but by the looks of things, you don't need my points.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

http://www.thespread.com/nfl-footbal...-betting-chart

According to this link, 55% are on the Steelers. What's your source for 57% being on Pack? How do we find TEH TRUTH! [sic]

Metatron
    Metatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Yeh, the key to this game is that it is in Dallas. If this was somewhere cold (even though GB can play in cold weather) Pitt would be able to hang with Aaron Rodgers, but in a dome look out. Rothlisberger will not have a good passing day (rarely does) and probably be picked a couple times as he trys to throw big passes.Remember Rodgers in ATL.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by waco66 View Post

My thoughts exactly. GB does not play into Pitts strenghth. Pitt is very suspect in the secondary going against the best receiving corp. in the NFL with arguably the best/hottest QB in the game. This game is not as close as people think. GB will win convincingly.

diehardfan
    diehardfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Green Bay -2.5