lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Lets face it the Steelers havent beaten anyone good all year except Balty.

They own Balty and that didnt change.

They lost to the

Pats/Saints/Ravens/Jets

Yes they beat the Falcons in week one but we found out they werent good in the end. They had one of the easiest schedules of all time facing the likes of Buffalo/Tenny/Cin/Cle 2 times each cause of the div and teams like the panthers/dolphins and raiders. Seriously its hard to look at the steelers as faves in this game versus the Jets. The Jets are way better at almost every position except QB and Free Safety and a few players on d like Harrison and Woodley. The Jets are so stacked on offense with talent that no one is noticing this and they are moving the ball downfield at will when they have to. Sure no one can run on the steelers but the jets still managed 106 yards in the last game. Pittsburgh dominated that game on all stats and still lost. I dont see any reason to take the Steelers here other than the "well they wont lose twice to the Jets or they are at home".

Tell me what you guys think because i am looking hard at the Jets to run rampant at Heinz field.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Only thing I am worried about is Weatherford, he was the MVP of the Pitt game and he has been horrible in the playoffs.

nj6
    nj6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2592

Jets beat Manning and Brady, they can get to big ben. They get it done this year and book a trip to dallas.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Jets schedule = 4th, Pitt's = 10th. Both Jets and PITT are 3-4 SU against Sagarin top 10 teams, but Jets had the tougher lot with NE 3x (2 away), @ CHI, Balt, GB, @ Colts, @ Pitt.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl10.htm
    Last edited by Sunde91; 01-22-11 at 12:07 AM.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

im on the jets ML

lakerboy

Seriously how is Ben going to leave this game alive?

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

i say that the jets +3.5 is a much better play than the money line. usually the money lines are the way to go when less than 3, since so many games land on 3.

underthe total
    under
    underthe total's Avatar Become A Pro!

.......numbers less than 3 are less relevant

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Jets have a very good chance of beating the Steelers, alot of analysts are predicting a Steelers win but this game will probably come down to the wire.

Beatles
    Beatles's Avatar Become A Pro!

no matter the opinions anyone gives you, you are still going to go with the jets in the end most likely because its apparant from your style that you seem convinced already and your mind won't be changed. so what is the purpose of this thread?

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

The Jets will abuse the Steelers O-line all game. Alot has been made about Ben's ability to avoid hits and extend plays, but the Jets coverage is the best in the league. Their D is peaking right now

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Sanchez is proving to be as much of a big game QB as Ben early on... the Torch may be passed this game...

HiTMaNN
    HiTMaNN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Bet the Jets its the right call.

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

steelers will win it

saintjames
    saintjames's Avatar Become A Pro!

and they barely beat them at the end

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

I don't think the Jets get this one.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    Sanchez is proving to be as much of a big game QB as Ben early on... the Torch may be passed this game...
    You're dreaming. Sanchez was 29th in QB rating this year (there are only 32 teams); that is light years away from being one of the league's best.

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

gonna play jets ML just for the hell of it(trend)

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

bet dogs.. take the points.. don't be greedy.. you should do fine

Robust

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    They own Balty and that didnt change.

They lost to the

Pats/Saints/Ravens/Jets

Yes they beat the Falcons in week one but we found out they werent good in the end. They had one of the easiest schedules of all time facing the likes of Buffalo/Tenny/Cin/Cle 2 times each cause of the div and teams like the panthers/dolphins and raiders. Seriously its hard to look at the steelers as faves in this game versus the Jets. The Jets are way better at almost every position except QB and Free Safety and a few players on d like Harrison and Woodley. The Jets are so stacked on offense with talent that no one is noticing this and they are moving the ball downfield at will when they have to. Sure no one can run on the steelers but the jets still managed 106 yards in the last game. Pittsburgh dominated that game on all stats and still lost. I dont see any reason to take the Steelers here other than the "well they wont lose twice to the Jets or they are at home".

Tell me what you guys think because i am looking hard at the Jets to run rampant at Heinz field.

Excellent, Excellent points LB

Let’s look at how the Steelers have faired against good teams this year. They beat Atlanta by 6, lost to Baltimore by 3, beat Miami by 1, lost to New Orleans by 10, lost by 13 to New England, they beat Baltimore by 3, and then lost to the Jets by 5. Those were their tough games this year. Add up those results and we’re at a margin of negative -22. Just something to think about!

Jets +3.5 all day!!!

BrewMaster
    BrewMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1945

Rolling with Big Ben and the Steeler D!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I am now starting to lean towards the jets

I think they have the better all around team

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Lets face it the Jets havent beaten anyone good all year except NE. Lets face it Big Ben is much better then Sanchez. Lets face it Pittsburgh is tough to beat at home.

woody78
    woody78's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was thinking Pitt in a double digit win but the close it gets to gameday I feel like the Jets can hang and will cover with the points if they can run the ball at all.

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8549

[quote=alling;8480947]Lets face it the Jets havent beaten anyone good all year except NE.

the colts and steelers aren't good?

lakerboy

Don't bet the steelers on there name. The jets are the better team and have too many weapons for the steelers. Ben will find outt how it feels to get raped.
    Points Awarded:

7secondsOrLess gave lakerboy 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Don't bet the steelers on there name. The jets are the better team and have too many weapons for the steelers. Ben will find outt how it feels to get raped.

LIKE OMG are the Jets like a 100X play for you.

OMG

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thinks the Jets win a real close game similar to the Indy game. Also think GB covers, that Packers D will cause a lot of problems for Cutler.

betme
    hello
    betme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

jets +3.5

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know lakerboy is the greatest at this handicapping business....

Of course he makes some valid points about Steelers not playing that tough of schedule.

But...When the Jets and Steelers faced off, The only reason the Jets won is because the opening kickoff for a TD. Ohh, and Troy P wasn't playing, and some like to think he may be this thing called a game changer.

So what are we playing a 60-100X play on the Jets ML?

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    I know lakerboy is the greatest at this handicapping business....

Of course he makes some valid points about Steelers not playing that tough of schedule.

But...When the Jets and Steelers faced off, The only reason the Jets won is because the opening kickoff for a TD. Ohh, and Troy P wasn't playing, and some like to think he may be this thing called a game changer.

So what are we playing a 60-100X play on the Jets ML?
    I'm going (750000x) Jets +3.5

pgall08
    Update your status
    pgall08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 172

The key is Sanchez, I could easily see him having a bad game, which of course would doom their chances

PhilliesPhan
    Cam Newton Overs
    PhilliesPhan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

- Its hard to tell because the steelers are 16-4 with Polamalu and 6-7 without him in the past 2 seasons ... Is he even healthy ??

Neither will really be able to pass or run much but the defenses may be vulnerable to the screen game in which nyj has the advantage ... The jets need to shut down heath miller .. I am confident revis/cromartie can keep mike wallace and hines ward in check all game. Sanchez needs to be smart with the football because a lot of plays will break down ... (Times where big ben excels at makin plays) Hopefully Brian Shot is going over this wit Sanchez and ben will force balls to that talented secondary. NyJ needs their safeties to play well also, their safety injuries hurt them to an extent.

I bet the jets to win the afc .. I guess I was a sucker after hard knocks but it won't look too dumb if they can knock off peyton brady n big ben, all on the road and play in dallas for the SB ...

I have a feeling the packers cover and this afc game goes into OT using the new rules and ends in crazy fashion ...

- a lot of people on here are pretty confident in their picks, if you are a homer and we don't know that wed appreciate any admission of guilt to posting plays with your heart
    - I truly knew the eagles were in trouble playin GB and I woulda been an ass for postin analysis in favor of my home squad a few weeks ago.

- I'm not accusin anyone I jus recall another poster on a diff thread fadin the jets pats fins and 2 wks later having a bills avatar !

Sports Tsunami
    Sports Tsunami's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

The Steelers backup tight end dropped 2 passes in the endzone on the last 2 plays of the Jets/Steelers regular season game that would have won it. And that was without Heath Miller and without Polamalu who will both be playing in this game.

Sanchez did not beat Brady and Manning. He beat the Colts and Pats defense who combined do not even come close to the Steeler defense.

And also who the Steelers did/did not play in October or November or whenever of the regular season and how easy you think their schedule was means absolutely nothing at this point. The only thing that matters is the matchup between the Jets/Steelers.

1234 ... Last