Chandler
    Chandler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Goodbye to the theory of NFL teams needing Vet QB's

with experience and especially with Playoff experience. NFL teams are winning with young inexperienced QB's in the playoffs, year in and year out.

Chandler

And Brady hasn't won a playoff game since 2007

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

rodgers is not young, neither is big ben . You ever heard of o lineman and defense? I could care less who the qb's are. I look at defense, o line, rb and wr's.

Chandler

TT, you kinda prove my point. its not about QB's its ALL about the other factors.

that being said, how did Big Ben do in his first few years in the league? How is Rodgers doing in his first few playoffs? How is Sanchez doing? How has Joe Flacco fared in playoff games? this is Jay cutler's first go-round I think.

a few years ago, I can remember the tv guys sharing trends about how no first year rookie qb's had won ect. these days you see it all the time.

The NFL is more and more a passing league, but at the same time. you don't need a superstar experience QB to win in the playoffs. just somthing to think about

purecarnagge
    purecarnagge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Bottom line is patriots have 25th defense, and no WR's... motivating moss doesn't sound like a bad option now does it?

bruce_outside
    bruce_outside's Avatar Become A Pro!

defense is what wins. look at when bal won it all.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    TT, you kinda prove my point. its not about QB's its ALL about the other factors.

that being said, how did Big Ben do in his first few years in the league? How is Rodgers doing in his first few playoffs? How is Sanchez doing? How has Joe Flacco fared in playoff games? this is Jay cutler's first go-round I think.

a few years ago, I can remember the tv guys sharing trends about how no first year rookie qb's had won ect. these days you see it all the time.

The NFL is more and more a passing league, but at the same time. you don't need a superstar experience QB to win in the playoffs. just somthing to think about
    I'm more interested in how the Jets shut down the two best QBs in the league in back to back playoff games.

I think that's what this is all about. Defensive scheming and solid players on defense can take away a great QB.

If you look at guys like Flacco, Sanchez and the early Roethlisberger, those teams won in spite of them with D.

Even if you look back at the Pats SB wins or even the 49ers of the 80's, those were won with defense.

Defense wins championships, not great QBs. We've known this lesson forever, nothing new here.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

ehh. i see your point, but you better have a great QB or a beat-down Defense.

Chandler

the NFL is said to be a passing league now.

the truth is Its turning into a 3-4 defensive league. Teams have already figured out how to shut down the NFL running backs and dominate the line of scrimmage on run plays. Now D-coordinators have evolved into creating teams that shut down the run, and pressure the QB and can shut the pass well enough to reduced big plays and sustained drives become difficult.

the point of the thread is, that QB is important. but NO WHERE as important come playoff time as people think it is