Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Peppers & Urlacher will win the game for Bears

Love the Bears at home as dogs
    Pass Rush will be nothing like Rodgers has seen before.

Bears

Forte / Cutler / Martz will confuse Capers
    and score at least 21 pts to win the NFC.

jtarbear
    jtarbear's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope you are right. Bears

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Cutler won his first playoff game on Sunday. Hes due to choke and the Packers will give him more then he can handle. The Packers shut down the Falcons run game and Turner was pretty much invisible for the 2nd half in that game. The Bears better hope Forte can mustard up a good running game.

Not a good time to fade the Packers one game away from the big dance. They've showed they want this Bowl pretty badly.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

I'm leaning Bears in this one as well. Should be a great game.

Snowball

Packers will be too busy trying to cover against the
    Mike Martz offense... Cutler is a much more legitimate downfield
    threat than Matt Ryan.. Martz is CHOCOLATE not vanilla
    believe you me Martz has tricks up his sleeve and much will be decoy
    where Forte will find holes and more holes.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

i hope so, if Cutler does not **** up, I think he will, he always does
    ******* cuntler

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Since the game was meaningless for Chicago, Bears were toying with GB in that last game, setting them up and showing them nothing. They were planning for a possible rematch during that game, you can be sure.

zoso11871
    zoso11871's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2334

This is a tough one - but I might have to go with the home team + points.

BlastByou
    BlastByou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think its funny that some people are picking the bears. The packers no doubt have a better offense and defense. Bears have better ST and thats it. One of the easiet picks all year. Packers -3.5 easy.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2209

Quote Originally Posted by BlastByou View Post
    I think its funny that some people are picking the bears. The packers no doubt have a better offense and defense. Bears have better ST and thats it. One of the easiet picks all year. Packers -3.5 easy.
    ...if only gambling were that easy

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

bears is the wrong move i think. rodgers and cutler cannot even be compared. in a different class altogether. while the chicago defense has the edge i would only give them a slight edge. green bay has the better corner back and can pressure cutler just the same. and while chicago defense has a slight edge on defense the green bay offense has a huge edge over the chicago offense. green bay by a touchdown. cutler will turn over the ball at least twice in this game.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Cutler won his first playoff game on Sunday. Hes due to choke and the Packers will give him more then he can handle. The Packers shut down the Falcons run game and Turner was pretty much invisible for the 2nd half in that game. The Bears better hope Forte can mustard up a good running game.

Not a good time to fade the Packers one game away from the big dance. They've showed they want this Bowl pretty badly.
    exactly. one game away . it is ridiculous to fade the packers at this point . the NFC is theres for the taking.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

my understanding is the field is so bad that you cant rush the QB with all the twist and movement to get by the o line man. apparently rushing from the edge is really difficult.

empty cookie jar
    empty cookie jar's Avatar Become A Pro!

them dang ole st louie rams

thefonzo
    thefonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5373

If the Bears are going to win, 2 things need to happen. First, their D or Special Teams will need to set up scoring opps, if not score themselves. Second, Cutler is gonna have two or three "Favres" in which he throws a ball that should be picked off. Bear fans have to pray that the Packer DB's drop those.

Cutler had 2 "Farves" in the first half against the Seahawks. One was on their own 30 or so, and the other was at the goal line. One, and maybe both, of those would have been pick 6's if it's Charles Woodson or Tramon Williams. Those were 2 huge, overlooked plays in that game because it was already 14-0. Not saying it changes the outcome, but it would have made things much more interesting.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Since the game was meaningless for Chicago, Bears were toying with GB in that last game, setting them up and showing them nothing. They were planning for a possible rematch during that game, you can be sure.
    Chicago was trying like hell to sweep GB and knock them out of the playoffs....it was their chance to not get taken down at home by their rival...they failed and they'll fail again!!

orangeheaven
    orangeheaven's Avatar Become A Pro!

We know who the bears are, they'll gonna slip away.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    my understanding is the field is so bad that you cant rush the QB with all the twist and movement to get by the o line man. apparently rushing from the edge is really difficult.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Love the Bears at home as dogs
    Pass Rush will be nothing like Rodgers has seen before.

Bears

Forte / Cutler / Martz will confuse Capers
    and score at least 21 pts to win the NFC.
    Seriously, you can't be serious. Right? The Bears "pass rush will be nothing like Rodgers has seen before"....really????? Rodgers faced EIGHT TEAMS this season that had MORE SACKS THAN THE BEARS!

Oh, and JAY CUTLER is going to "confuse" a guy like Capers????

Cutler is going to be under pressure all game by the defense that recorded 47 sacks this season (nice to see the Bears net a whopping 34 sacks).

William Walters

Packers will be too busy trying to cover against the
    Mike Martz offense... Cutler is a much more legitimate downfield
    threat than Matt Ryan.. Martz is CHOCOLATE not vanilla
    believe you me Martz has tricks up his sleeve and much will be decoy
    where Forte will find holes and more holes.
    Are we talking about that "Mike Martz offense" that ranked 30 out of 32 teams in the league? That offense?

vboyt
    vboyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Bears will do IT!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Chicago was trying like hell to sweep GB and knock them out of the playoffs....it was their chance to not get taken down at home by their rival...they failed and they'll fail again!!
    They weren't trying as hard as you think. They were playing hard, yes, but doing it within the framework of what GB already knew about them, not showing them anything that they might try in a game that would actually matter. They realized that they could face them again and didn't want to tip their hand.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

clay mathews will win the game for packers.. bears offense sucks

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Are we talking about that "Mike Martz offense" that ranked 30 out of 32 teams in the league? That offense?
    We're talking about the offense that has scored 30+ points in 4 of the last 7 games. 24.3 ppg L10 since the bye week. That offense.

William Walters

We're talking about the offense that has scored 30+ points in 4 of the last 7 games. 24.3 ppg L10 since the bye week. That offense.
    Oh, I get it now, we pick and choose which weeks count and which don't. You may want to notify the league so that can make the necessary stat changes.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Oh, I get it now, we pick and choose which weeks count and which don't. You may want to notify the league so that can make the necessary stat changes.
    The only week that counts is the next one. Stats in themselves don't mean anything anyway, only wins and losses. I am guessing you are talking about this from a handicapping angle. In that case, if all you're doing is aggregating season stats and making snap judgments, then I'd say that's not terribly helpful either.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Also, don't sleep on Tommie Harris. He had his best game in....ohhh probably 3 years last weekend. He's been getting better through the year and only started the last few games. The Tommie Harris of a few years ago was one of the most dominant three-technique tackles ever. If the last game is for real and he regains even a fraction of that, that is huge huge huge and the Bears will be able to sustain pressure rushing just four. Peppers is gonna do his thing, Urlacher is gonna do his thing. The key defender for the Bears may just be Tommie Harris. That is at once exciting for Bears fans and scary at the same time. Will he build on last week or was that an aberration? Something to watch.

bigkrezca32
    bigkrezca32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by BlastByou View Post
    Lol. We will see what happens...all I know is that the Bears nearly BEAT the packers just 2 weeks ago in Lambeau when the Packers had everything to play for and the Bears had nothing to play for....The Bears beat the Packers in Soldier Field....The Bears are 2-0 ATS vs the Packers.

You also underestimate the ST advantage. The Packers likely will need long drives (=time) to score points. The Bears D has not given up big plays and I don't expect that to change....James Starks? Yeah....he won't be a factor. All season the packers have been horrible on 3rd and shorts and that won't change(Not unlike the Bears--though the Bears havve improved).....

People simply underestimate the Bears. They look at the total offense, total defense stats..combined with recency bias (packers big blowout last week) and at the Bears ranks, Cutler (is anyone more underrated than Cutler---everyone believes he's an atrocious QB and fail to look at what the brings in terms of big plays or his ability to move his feet) and assume it's a huge blowout.

I'm not saying that the Bears will win but to say the Packers -3 1/2 is the easiest play of the year----well, you must not be new to this gambling thing ..

BTW, NFL teams are 27-13 (I believe) at home in conference championships....

Snowball

My my my how weak are memories when a team is hyped and rolling ?
    How about some golden oldies from these 2010 Packers ?
    Anyone else unfortunate enough to have had them, say:

WHEN THEY SCORED 3 FKKIN POINTS AT DETROIT ??
    WHEN THEY SCORED 9 FKKIN POINTS AT NEW YORK ??
    WHEN THEY SCORED 13 PTS AT WASHINGTON ??
    Oh and the game they needed at home just to GET into the playoffs,
    you would think maybe, just MAYBE they would want to get a comfortable lead
    against a Chicago team that had NOTHING to gain and rested players..
    well..
    THEY SCORED 10 yes 10 TOTAL POINTS AT LAMBEAU vs Chicago "LIGHT".

oh and how about the first meeting between these rivals ?
    CHICAGO 20 GREEN BAY 17 Sept. 27 2010

Telling you the public very well may get TAKEN TO THE WOODSHED Sunday !!!

BEARS !!!!!!!!! URLACHER & PEPPERS OVERDRIVE greatest hits !!!!!!
    Last edited by Snowball; 01-19-11 at 05:23 PM.

William Walters

My my my how weak are memories when a team is hyped and rolling ?
    How about some golden oldies from these 2010 Packers ?
    Anyone else unfortunate enough to have had them, say:

WHEN THEY SCORED 3 FKKIN POINTS AT DETROIT ??
    WHEN THEY SCORED 9 FKKIN POINTS AT NEW YORK ??
    WHEN THEY SCORED 13 PTS AT WASHINGTON ??
    Oh and the game they needed at home just to GET into the playoffs,
    you would think maybe, just MAYBE they would want to get a comfortable lead
    against a Chicago team that had NOTHING to gain and rested players..
    well..
    THEY SCORED 10 yes 10 TOTAL POINTS AT LAMBEAU vs Chicago "LIGHT".

oh and how about the first meeting between these rivals ?
    CHICAGO 20 GREEN BAY 17 Sept. 27 2010

Telling you the public very well may get TAKEN TO THE WOODSHED Sunday !!!

BEARS !!!!!!!!! URLACHER & PEPPERS OVERDRIVE greatest hits !!!!!!
    You can keep up the 20 minute postings.............I'm just telling you I'll take the Packers corners, pass rush, and offense over the Bears.........all day........every day.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

You can keep up the 20 minute postings.............I'm just telling you I'll take the Packers corners, pass rush, and offense over the Bears.........all day........every day.
    I'm taking the Bears pass rush right now with a resurgent Tommie Harris, Julius Peppers and Izzy Idonoje. They can get pressure and penetration just rushing 4. Remember how good Seattle and Lynch had looked? Bears just completely shut that down. GB won't be able to run a lick. Makes that play-action not nearly as effective. People underestimate how important it is to be able to run the ball, esp in the playoffs. GB was able to run well enough against Eagles and Falcons. If they are forced to abandon, it could spell trouble.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Did you seriously just ask about how good the 7-9 Seattle looked?

Snowball

I'm taking the Bears pass rush right now with a resurgent Tommie Harris, Julius Peppers and Izzy Idonoje. They can get pressure and penetration just rushing 4. Remember how good Seattle and Lynch had looked? Bears just completely shut that down. GB won't be able to run a lick. Makes that play-action not nearly as effective. People underestimate how important it is to be able to run the ball, esp in the playoffs. GB was able to run well enough against Eagles and Falcons. If they are forced to abandon, it could spell trouble.
    solid input, bear brother. People have short memories.
    They need to be reminded what the real 2010 Packers weaknesses are.
    Brian Urlacher and Julius Peppers are CREME DE LA CREME.
    that's what they are going to make out of Aaron Rodgers.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Cutler won his first playoff game on Sunday. Hes due to choke and the Packers will give him more then he can handle. The Packers shut down the Falcons run game and Turner was pretty much invisible for the 2nd half in that game. The Bears better hope Forte can mustard up a good running game. Not a good time to fade the Packers one game away from the big dance. They've showed they want this Bowl pretty badly.

D3 why do you keep thinking the obvious plays are gonna win? The falcons had no playoff pedigree and folded like a cheap tent. You think the packers are gonna benefit from that many turnovers again? Why is cutler due to choke? I would say Rodgers is more due to have a pick or two. Forte and Taylor will run the ball on this GB defense. ALso which GB linebackers can cover Olsen while they are all trying to sack Cutler. Dom Capers teams always lose at this point anyways. Packers -3.5 is a bad bet. This is a FG type game. Books have made it impossible to win betting on GB unless you take the ML or got 3 early and bought it to 2.5 on gb. THe ML at -190 is a joke. How can GB be -190 in this game when they have only won 1 of there last 4 visits to soldier field. I dont care what happens ATS wise in the end but anyone laying -190 is insane.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

I'm talking about the offense that's ONLY scored 3 or 4 td's in the last FOUR games against the Packers defense. That's the only Bear offense that you need to concern yourself with.

12 Last