Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

why the Steelers will win.

In simplest terms, I think it breaks down like this:

Jets O > Steelers O and Steelers D > Jets D

However,

Steelers D >>> Jets O
    Jets D > Steelers O

That's why I think the Steelers should win. As we all know STs can be a great equalizer, as we saw in the first game. As long as the Steelers don't make any big ST blunders, they should win this game.

MileHigh_Broncos
    MileHigh_Broncos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

"should" win

Steelers "should" win! Hey they're the hometeam!...... but this is why they won't.

1. Steelers D >>> Jets D = FALSE. Top 2 Defenses in the league period...... maybe we better add Chi and GB's Defenses, hmmm Defense wins championships??? Either way maybe Pitt D > Jets D but not by alot.
    The jets win in NE gives them that something extra, the kinda momentum the Giants had a few years back. they got the momentum, confidence and swagger! They're running downhill now...

2.Defense and ST are key. Lebeau vs Ryan! If one of these defenses gets a little tired/wore down or makes a mental mistake that'll swing the game.

3.Sanchez vs Roethlisberger.....funny thing is they have identical numbers... just someone did it in 4 (sorry three) less games...
    If sanchez can "manage" the game, eliminate mental mistakes and make a few key 3rd downs he doesn't need to match Big Ben. Is Sanchez capable? I think that discussion is ongoing.

4.Area's of concern:
    Steelers O-Line and Mendenhall? 300pound OL driving his helmet into your leg. That's got to be the worst charlie-horse I can think off.
    I was cheering for Pitt last week; (had them to cover -4) coming up to half I was thinking just get some points here and we'll be fine. It's the Ravens D; 2nd half. They let so many teams back into games; buff. atl, hou come to mind. They missed that FG tho but came out in the 2nd half and did it anyways. We saw it; some big turnovers, luck, Balt crashing as opposed to pitt really doing anything special? Whatever you want to call it, it happened. My point is it's probably not gonna happen in this game: no gifts this time around.

5. Remember all that talk about old school "smash mouth" tough football in the Balt/Pitt game. It ended up being mostly thru the air tho. Well this game will ACTUALLY be just that; old school, in the trenches, smash mouth football.
    In my opinion take the healthier, hungrier, holmes-ier team....... well atleast @ +3.5. Enjoy the game!

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

Nice comment- cannot wager on this game-too close to call.

mann2chc
    mann2chc's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really dont know who's gonna win so im gonna stay on the bus with rex and his boys... I dont need them to win but i do need them to give the steelers all they have

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Quote Originally Posted by blackbox View Post
    Nice comment- cannot wager on this game-too close to call.
    \

If its going to be that close take the points.

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

Pitt will crush the Jets

CaptJames05
    CaptJames05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

Sanchez blows big balls... i'll go with the Jets

SR
    SR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

agreed, pitt is going to kill them.

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Polamalu was not at his best last week, if he can raise his game a notch or two I'm sure Sanchez will not have so much fun.

zoso11871
    zoso11871's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2334

I really see Pitt winning this one by double digits.

Sportsnut1968
    Sportsnut1968's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Pittsburgh gave up a opening Kick off return for a td,plus gave up a safety,also no Troy....And the Jets only won by 5.....I think this game will be low scoring.......Look for pitt to pull away late

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Steelers should win but it will be a tough one,

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsnut1968 View Post
    Pittsburgh gave up a opening Kick off return for a td,plus gave up a safety,also no Troy....And the Jets only won by 5.....I think this game will be low scoring.......Look for pitt to pull away late
    Pittsburgh still sucks on special teams, Jets are ranked 4th in the league, Pittsburghs O-line is still horrible, Troy P is still playing hurt (he's was a non-factor vs. Baltimore), and unlike week 15 Jerico Cotchery will play in this game.

Looks like a lot of people on the forum are gonna be upset with the outcome of this game...

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Special teams is what scares me here...the Jets can really take advantage of Pittsburgh in this area. Forget this game and pound GB

dale0630
    dale0630's Avatar Become A Pro!

To close to call for me...ill lay off this one

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

committing suicide if it's jets/packers in the superbowl, wanted to puke after that shut out by the brewers earlier in the year please roger give us a massive fix

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Jets's D is the younger version of PITT's D & Mark Sanchez is the younger version of Roth. It's time for a change of guard in the AFC.

Gunny Highway
    Gunny Highway's Avatar Become A Pro!

the field conditions is the one thing I'm worrying about the most, GB is a fast track type of team.