Brp27345
    Most likely a winner...
    Brp27345's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

What colors will the refs wear at Heinz Field this weekend?

Will they show up at the game in black and white...

Or will they just forgo formalities and actually show up at the stadium sporting there black and gold to match the Steelers???

Jets vs. Steelers on a neutral field - Jets -3
    Jets vs. Steelers at Heinz Field - Pick 'Em
    Jets vs. Steelers & there good friends the refs - Steelers -3.5

Any opinions from the posters in here?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

More importantly... When does the NFL announce who is going to be the reffing crew?

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Brp27345 View Post
    Will they show up at the game in black and white...

Or will they just forgo formalities and actually show up at the stadium sporting there black and gold to match the Steelers???

Jets vs. Steelers on a neutral field - Jets -3
    Jets vs. Steelers at Heinz Field - Pick 'Em
    Jets vs. Steelers & there good friends the refs - Steelers -3.5

Any opinions from the posters in here?
    Lots of people in these forums that keep repeating this line. What is the evidence for it?

Vs. Ravens: Steelers flagged 9 times for 93 yards, Ravens flagged 6 times for 74 yards.
    On the season: Steelers flagged 100 times for 903 yards, opponents flagged 86 times for 716 yards.

You are probably butt hurt because you made the very square play of the Ravens Saturday. They lost because they did absolutely nothing with the ball all day - 126 yards total.

Hat McCulloch
    rippin and shreddin
    Hat McCulloch's Avatar Become A Pro!

paging Bill Leavy.. you're needed again

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Like everything in life...its the timing! 1st Steeler TD....Wallace obviously drags the DB down the field by hooking his elbow...PI on Baltimore! Steeler head butt...no call...Steeler lineman spears a guy on the ground way late...no call? Baltimore punt return TD....flukey bogus call for holding? Finally...game tied...Steelers having problems running it in to cover the spread so lets call def. holding on a FCN RUNNING PLAY so they cover? I didn't even bet the game but it was ridiculous! I still hate Pitt from the SB w/Seattle where the refs raped the Seachickens like Big Ben on a college girl!

Brp27345
    Most likely a winner...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Like everything in life...its the timing! 1st Steeler TD....Wallace obviously drags the DB down the field by hooking his elbow...PI on Baltimore! Steeler head butt...no call...Steeler lineman spears a guy on the ground way late...no call? Baltimore punt return TD....flukey bogus call for holding? Finally...game tied...Steelers having problems running it in to cover the spread so lets call def. holding on a FCN RUNNING PLAY so they cover? I didn't even bet the game but it was ridiculous! I still hate Pitt from the SB w/Seattle where the refs raped the Seachickens like Big Ben on a college girl!
    Same here... didn't bet the game... but the penalty numbers lie... HELL on that BOMB at the end of the game on that 3rd down and forever I know the receiver caught the pass... but if you noticed the refs were going to GIVE them the call for a first down anyways... that penalty doesn't show up because it was declined... but they gave them that call... followed by a defensive holding call... and those 2 calls... or 1 that counted... was just another case of the refs throwing the Steelers the game...

and I'm a Jets fan... just scared of the refs screwing us... because I believe we can definitely beat them if they don't!!!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

If you dont think the steelers get the calls you should stop watching football.

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

I totally agree, but as a Laker fan, you gotta admit that the Lakers sure get a lot of calls...

Brp27345
    Most likely a winner...

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Baltimore still choked big time....don't get me wrong! Allowing 3rd/19 was the killer....but Bolden dropped a TD pass...Housyourmama dropped that final pass 4th/18....Rice/Flacco fumbles, etc. I have no idea on Pitt/Jets? I think the Jets have more talent but between the refs and Big Rapist's late game heroics...I wouldn't feel confident whatsover....pass!!

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

I love the black and yellow, but this picture makes me laugh everytime someone posts it:

Anyway, there's no way anyone that watched football this year could argue that the Steelers got favorable calls. The league combed through every game and fined all of Harrison's borderline hits, yet took it easy on Richard Seymour when he acted against Ben. The refs never flagged the opposition for any late hits against Ben. I think the conspiracy theorists are way off on the NFL favoring the Steelers.

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    I love the black and yellow, but this picture makes me laugh everytime someone posts it:

Anyway, there's no way anyone that watched football this year could argue that the Steelers got favorable calls. The league combed through every game and fined all of Harrison's borderline hits, yet took it easy on Richard Seymour when he acted against Ben. The refs never flagged the opposition for any late hits against Ben. I think the conspiracy theorists are way off on the NFL favoring the Steelers.

LOL, great picture, I saved it for future postings.

xelance
    xelance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

if you want to talk about penalties, just think of how many times James Harrison gets held in a game and how many of those are non-calls (a LOT). Also, on the punt return, that was a very legit holding call.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Steeler lineman spears a guy on the ground way late...no call?

if your talking about after the touchdown there was a flag... balt got the ball at pittsburgh like 45 yard line and then did nothing

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

the thing is if everyone feels or know the refs are on pittsburgh side? why not take pitt??

also...

in all sports teams get calls... and if you think otherwise ur krazy