ffbplayergod
    ffbplayergod's Avatar Become A Pro!

FFB's Conference Championship Weekend Picks!

I'm back with a whole new weekend of picks guys and gals!

This past weekend, I only posted saturday's picks, going 1-1. The Ravens game was my loss, and the Packers were my win. One thing I did have correct though was saying that penalties would be a HUGE factor in the Ravens game, and the team with fewer penalties should win as was the trend.

But the past is the past, and I am looking to the future! We have TWO fantastic games this weekend, and I am excited to get to my picks, so let's get started.

Game One: Green Bay Packers @ Chicago Bears (+3)

These 2 teams have played each other twice already this season. The ending result was a split between the 2, with both teams winning at home. Both games were relatively low scoring affairs as well, with the September game in Chicago having a total of only 37 points (20-17), and the January game just a few weeks ago in Green Bay netting only 13 Points (10-3). In the first game, Green Bay had a whopping 18 penalties for 152 yards, and still only lost by 3. In the second game, they had only 4 penalties. Obviously someone got through to them.

Aside from my obvious statement that PENALTIES will play a huge role in this game, this is a game that will be decided by the ability to sustain a drive. After watching Rodgers on Saturday, I have no doubt that he is ready and able to step up to the final level. The only question is this: Will his teammates heads be in the game, or will they ruin his chances of making the big game?

I expect another close on though, as this is a Rivalry game that started a LOOOOONG time ago.

Final Outcome: Green Bay 21, Chicago 13

Suggested Bets: Green Bay ATS, Green Bay SU, UNDER 44, Either Team teased minimum 6 pts.

Game Two: New York Jets @ Pittsburgh Steelers (-3)

This game could be one of the best games of the entire season. The Jets and coach Rex Ryan backed up all their talk on Sunday, showing that they are as good as some people believed. The main question this week though, is can they be competitive against a team with the type of defense that the Steelers are going to bring?

These 2 teams played back in December, and the JETS eeked out a win, 22-17. In that game, time of possession was just about equal. Penalties were just about equal. Neither team had a turnover. The biggest thing in the game was the fact that the Steelers gained over 100 more yards than the Jets (378-276) and managed to lose. The line then was the same as it is now.

I expect the Steelers to be able to move the ball as effectively as they did in the first meeting between the two teams, through the air at least. The problem is that I do not think the Steelers will have the same success on the ground.

The Jets have gone over 200 yards passing only ONCE in the last 8 games. The Steelers have gone over 200 yards passing 6 out of their last 7. The Jets live and die by their rushing game, for lack of a better analogy. The Steelers have allowed ONE 100 yard rushing team in the last 7 games, and that was, you guessed it, the Jets at 106.

At the end of the day the main difference is this: The teams play a similar style of football on defense, but on offense, the Jets rely HEAVILY on the running game, and the Steelers dont allow teams to run. That being said, Sanchez showed that he CAN throw the ball when he needs to. He will need to throw the ball often in this game when the Jets need to abandon the run. Big Ben has the experience in these games, but his O-Line is banged up, as was evident in the game against Baltimore.

My final decision may shock some of you based on what I have said in this article.

Final Outcome: New York Jets 24, Pittsburgh Steelers 21

Suggested Bets: Jets ATS, Jets SU, Jets Teased, OVER 38.5

ffbplayergod
    ffbplayergod's Avatar Become A Pro!

I watched every piece of media that I could, and read every article I could, leading up to this game. I am sticking with my predictions, as my formula and gut are in agreement this weekend.