Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

How much does getting Harbaugh help the Niners?

Once again it looks as tho the 49ers will win the off-season on paper. They went out an bagged the coach that a lot of teams were looking at. They have a solid draft pick. Everything is shaping up for them to be going into next season as the NFC West "favorites". Unfortunately Manusky isn't going to be there. I really liked what he did with the defense but the offense has been holding this team down long enough. I wish he was staying with the team.

The now question becomes how many are going to get buried again betting them? They have some weapons on offense but still have so many questions to answer. The secondary is in need of some real talent. They need a serious pass rusher on the other side of Justin Smith. Their O-Line is still going to take another year or two to actually get it's act together. There is almost a ? at every position except TE,RB, and LB.

The media is going to hype this team 10x of what they did this past season. I just wonder how many people are walking into the slaughter house? It's sad to believe it has been a 16 year drought of a good team in SF. Boy this franchise has falling. I guess this is what happens when you have a kid running your organization.

SVD514
    crosby sucks. go flyers
    SVD514's Avatar Become A Pro!

helps a ton. his brothers gonna tell him to go get mcnabb and that team will be at worst 500 next year imo. and sadly that could be the division winner next year

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19224

If Niner fans are patient, should be fine.

If Niner fan is screaming for a termination at the end of 2012, then the coaching carousel will never end for Frisco.

Ninersnut

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    If Niner fans are patient, should be fine. If Niner fan is screaming for a termination at the end of 2012, then the coaching carousel will never end for Frisco.
    Agreed. Only thing that needs to happen is a QB. Gotta nail that QB down ASAP.

griffey_mojo
    griffey_mojo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9723

As a rule it takes a coach a good 3 years to put everything in place.

Harbaugh will help SF improve immediately ... and in 3 years they will be right up there as one of the elite NFL teams.

Ninersnut

I really believe they needed to go outside of what they had and pick up a good G.M. This promoting from in-house shit hasn't panned out. I feel like all these guys are whispering sweet nothings into Jed York's ear. He is taking the bait like a 15 year old girl. We need some good vet football guys in place.

I hope they give Harbaugh full rein in that place and let Balke take a back seat to most of the action. Like I mentioned above I still wish they kept Manusky. Whatever team gets him has a diamond in the rough.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Quote Originally Posted by SVD514 View Post
    helps a ton. his brothers gonna tell him to go get mcnabb and that team will be at worst 500 next year imo. and sadly that could be the division winner next year
    the san francisco giants have enough guys throwing short-hops to the first baseman, then do not need mcnabb in there doing the same thing. if they get mcnabb they should put their heads between their legs and kiss their ass goodbye. mcnabb is done except for a backup in case the starter flys off the planet into outerspace somehow and you need someone in to play qb.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Finding a decent qb to hold the fort until he can develop a young one will be crucial. McNabb may be the best option for them, but he appears to have very little left in tank. Taking a flyer on a kid like Dalton or Ponder in the middle of the draft could be an option. Gore must return healthy and the secondary is an abortion. A few good drafts and a decent veteran pick up should make them contenders.

His style will be similar to Singeltary in play hard as a team, but he has the experience to know when to push and when to back off. What makes him a better fit is he will not coach through the media.

jas19illini
    jas19illini's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 715

Niners will be .500 next season, but by season 3 i expect them to be able to win a playoff game. Harbaugh is a great coach. I think he'll translate very very well to the pros. The Niners have a good core of young talent to build around. Itll take a couple seasons, but they will be good pretty soon imo.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Grab Vince Young

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by griffey_mojo View Post
    As a rule it takes a coach a good 3 years to put everything in place.

Harbaugh will help SF improve immediately ... and in 3 years they will be right up there as one of the elite NFL teams.
    I don't about being up with the elite teams in 3 years.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

McNabb > Vince Young

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

SF may become a dynasty? They got the right guy. We'll see...

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

As long as the Rams don't get a couple playmakers at WR he will lead them to the playoffs..

They have the best team in their division.. Singletary and that coaching staff probably cost them a couple games at least..

Harbaugh will do what needs to be done, but if Sam Bradford gets a couple guys to throw to it might not matter...