ffbplayergod
    ffbplayergod's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wildcard Weekend Picks by FFB - Saturday Edition

We have a huge weekend ahead of us, with some very intriguing matchups. I am going to brekadown each of the 4 games in my own style, and give my picks.

Game 1: New Orleans Saints @ Seattle Seahawks

This, to me at least, is one of the not-so-intriguing matchups of the entire weekend. The Saints will be on the road here where they were 6-2 SU this season, but only 3-5 ATS. The Seahawks boast a 5-3 home record both SU and ATS.

In week 11, the Seahawks put up over 400 yards of offense against these same Saints, but still lost the game by 15 points. In that same game, the Saints put up 34 points on almost 500 yards of offense, led by Drew Brees' 382 yards passing. The Seahawks also had 8 penalties in that game. Both teams had 2 turnovers.

Expect another big day from Brees on Saturday, with Hasselbeck trying to match him.

Projected Outcome: Saints 38, Seahawks 27

Safe Bets: Saints ML, Saints ATS (@-10.5 when writing), OVER.

Game 2: New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts

Now this is more like it. The Jets with their running game and smothering defense against Peyton Manning's Colts and their Air Raid-like passing attack.

The most glaring thing people have been saying is that these aren't the Colts we are used to seeing. This is absolutely true. Clark on IR. Collie on IR. Gonzalez on IR. But the colts did have a guy step into Clarks shoes, and fill them considerably well in Tamme. And the colts did get Joseph Addai back a week or 2 ago. Pierre Garcon and Reggie Wayne still make a decent WR core. And Peyton Manning is still, well, Peyton Manning.

On the other side of the ball, the Jets are pretty much healthy and ready to finally make that last push into the spotlight that they have been craving for so long. It's time for Mark Sanchez to put up or shut up, and the same goes for Rex Ryan. The Jets have a powerful rushing attack, and they should be able to exploit one of the Colts' weaknesses by using it.

The Colts are coming off of 4 straight wins during a push to just MAKE the playoffs, while the Jets were semi-disappointing down the stretch winning only 2 of their last 5. During that stretch, they got creamed by New England, shut down by Miami, and on of their 2 wins was against a bad Buffalo team in week 17 with backups playing.

If the Jets defensive backs play up to their potential in this game, I think the Jets win, no doubt. But if Manning gets on a roll and those db's get backed into a wall, Manning and the Colts pull it off.

Projected Outcome: Colts 31, Jets 28

Safe Bets: Colts ML, Colts ATS (@ -2.5 when writing), OVER

ffbplayergod
    ffbplayergod's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry if anyone followed... it looked good from where I was sitting. Hopefully I have a better weekend coming up!