footballgirl
    footballgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Colts, GB warning you don't bet against me.....see why

So I ended on a positive note for the final week of the nfl regular season went 2-3 with my 3 posted plays-dal+3, Hou?jax O 47 and losing the philly O.

So here are my thoughts for this weekend.....

Philly ended the season on a bad bad note. I had dallas last weekend because after what I saw philly do the week before I thought that they would not blow dallas out but that it may be a close game considering vick was not playing. I did even think that Dal could win outright.
    But I thought that somewhere in my mind that philly would come out somewhat strong last weekend against a surging dallas team (to end the year) so that the team could be emotionally prepared for their big game post season. I must say that I have loved philly this whole season and I really want to take them this weekend to beat gb but here are my hesitations:

1. I can't get the image of Vick limping off the field against minny in their horrible turn out that night.
    2. I cannot get the image of the blow out against minny out of my head
    3. I cannot believe that they did not come out for the final game-if not only for an emotional uplift-look at all the other teams that were not playing for anything last week NE blows out miami (not to say that miami is good), the jets blow out buffalo (not that buffalo is good but they have been hangin in with team and I would have thought they would have hung in with the jets on this meaningless game), steelers blow out cleveland, atlanta blows out carolina (granted they suck), so if all of these teams came out and gave it their all in the end why not philly...the jets came out strong in the last week because they needed that emotionally after their loss against Chicago-now granted chicago is a much better but I truly thought philly would come out last sunday and at least show up-instead they put i a measly 13 points and then lost the game at the last moment-I mean how do you expect them to come and play well on sunday-really?????
    Listen I love philly but I have to say that not only am i nervous about the -2.5 but I am also nervous about the mere thought of the ML too.

GB +2.5 (its killing me because I do love philly and they are my team but you've gotta do what you've gotta do and philly did not show up at all in the final 2 weeks )

Indy NYJ- Indy showed up when they needed too although many of the games came down to the wire but they needed those last game desperately. I am not a peyton manning fan at all (nor do I like Eli and am thrilled the giants are out). Peyton will be peyton even without his supporting cast. With addai back things cold get better. Now lets look at the mostly low scoring jets who started off quite strong and ended (like philly) on a not so positive note. So here you have an experienced playoff qb in peyton vs a 2nd time wild card sanchez....hmmmmm I know that indy does not look as good as they have in the years past but its peyton vs sanchez....in the playoffs....who do you think will win this one. If you are scared to take the colts ATS then at least go with the ML...yes the colts games have come down to the wire lately but they have gotten it done and will continue to do so until after the wild card when the will lose.
    Indy ML (just to be safe)

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Hopefully you have inside information cause without it you don't have squat. Good luck!

thericker7
    thericker7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207

GB is the good bet

jwhitdatman27
    jwhitdatman27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Winning an NFL playoff game on the road is not that easy. Especially in a place as hostile as Philly. And besides the Giants game the Packers really struggled down the stretch. I think the bet here is Philly at home with a rested Michael Vick at the helm.

BlastByou
    BlastByou's Avatar Become A Pro!

GB ML is a lock

tshafer
    tshafer's Avatar Become A Pro!

so we should listen to you because you won 2 out of three bets

footballgirl

Brocc
    Got Surf
    Brocc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4585

Unfortunately most people just remember the Minny game & how flat the Eagles looked. Vick with over 2 weeks rest is back to "100 %", he claimed yesterday. It's a quad bruise, no ligament or bone damage, he'll be fine. Reid & the Eagles are 7-1 in the first round of the playoffs, their first loss came last year in Dallas. The Eagles have been preparing for GB since Wednesday after the Minny flop. Andy & Marty are great at putting together a game plan with 2 weeks preperation.

Quite a few Eagles have something to prove with this game, Vick, DJax and Trent Cole to name a few, nice contracts could be in the waiting.

What has GB shown on the road? Nothing!
    They beat the Lions a few weeks ago 7-3, lost to Falcons (Whom Eagles beat at home), they threw up a goose egg in NY vs the Jets 9-0...Everyone has annointed the Packers to the Super Bowl, this game is in cheese land, it's in cheesesteak land! All the pressure is on the Packers to perform, since everyone has them beating the Eagles.

Vegas gets rich on this one!

Eagles 27
    Packers 23

Dex17
    Dex17's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Brocc View Post
    Unfortunately most people just remember the Minny game & how flat the Eagles looked. Vick with over 2 weeks rest is back to "100 %", he claimed yesterday. It's a quad bruise, no ligament or bone damage, he'll be fine. Reid & the Eagles are 7-1 in the first round of the playoffs, their first loss came last year in Dallas. The Eagles have been preparing for GB since Wednesday after the Minny flop. Andy & Marty are great at putting together a game plan with 2 weeks preperation.

Quite a few Eagles have something to prove with this game, Vick, DJax and Trent Cole to name a few, nice contracts could be in the waiting.

What has GB shown on the road? Nothing!
    They beat the Lions a few weeks ago 7-3, lost to Falcons (Whom Eagles beat at home), they threw up a goose egg in NY vs the Jets 9-0...Everyone has annointed the Packers to the Super Bowl, this game is in cheese land, it's in cheesesteak land! All the pressure is on the Packers to perform, since everyone has them beating the Eagles.

Vegas gets rich on this one!

Eagles 27
    Packers 23

Nice post. My original lean was GB b/c they're healthy, have an outstanding blitz game, corners, deep receivers, and QB. However, the road statistics baffle me, and the fact that their run game is unproven makes me wary. What's worse, is that this is clearly a forum and public favorite. Not to hate on the forum, but in my observations this season, whenever I see so many people adamant about one side, the outcome tends to fade.

I'd also echo your call-out of the fickle public perception. It's ridiculous; the OP is the same type of square that would was predicting the Eagles to win-out the season, with the whole offense making all-pro, when they were on fire earlier in the season.

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

both teams could lose

footballgirl

51% of the public on GB it is very close right now GB is not overwhelmingly the public play here.....it is slight perhaps it is more overwhelming on this site...I think this game will come down to how vick plays and if he is truly healthy if he is not and he does not play well then they r in trouble. Their defense is not great and their offense depends solely on vick. GB has a strong defense and rodgers is not their sole offense...look at when he was injured they just lost to NE everybody showed up that game.