Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagles will win...

Remember last year? Everyone was on the Packers vs the Cardinals...the Eagles will win this one...homefield advantage, and it's not like the Packers played well vs the Bears at home in an elimination game.

Are you really gonna beat on an overrated unproven QB who has never won a playoff game?

Or Michael Vick at home coming off of two bad performances (meaningless games)

29-21 Eagles

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I like the Eagles over the Packers at home

I wouldn't expect the same type of outcome from that Week 1 Green Bay win over the Eagles. I don't think Vick will choke either first round of the playoffs. The Packers need to look at film of how the Giants and Bears blitzed the shit out of Vick.

If the Packers can't stop the Eagles offense then no doubt Philly will get through to the next round. Going to be the best game of the weekend.

kahnner
    kahnner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Packers defense was great last week!
    Rodgers is far from overrated!

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Quote Originally Posted by Pride>UFC View Post
    Remember last year? Everyone was on the Packers vs the Cardinals...the Eagles will win this one...homefield advantage, and it's not like the Packers played well vs the Bears at home in an elimination game.

Are you really gonna beat on an overrated unproven QB who has never won a playoff game?

Or Michael Vick at home coming off of two bad performances (meaningless games)

29-21 Eagles
    I said something very similar in someone else's thread yesterday.

D3 Mighty Ducks

Quote Originally Posted by kahnner View Post
    Packers defense was great last week!
    Rodgers is far from overrated!
    Who said anything about Rodgers being overrated? If someone could stop this Packers I believe its the Eagles with that explosive offense they have. Packers defense was great against the Bears but if the Packers offense plays anywhere even close to what they did last week they won't stand a chance. I don't see this one being a defensive match up at all and I don't think the Packers will be able to shut down Vick and that offense but the least they must do is contain it. Its going to be a heavy weight battle between both offenses.

Total sitting at 46 right now. Whats everyones take on that?

kahnner
    kahnner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Ufc said Rodgers is overrated.
    I also don't see the eagles stopping the packers at all.
    I see the packers winning like 31-24!

thebertshow
    thebertshow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

I am taking the Iggles.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Are you really gonna bet on an overrated unproven QB
    You're right... Packers it is

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

This outcome was determined way back in 1970 by John Lennon when he wrote Instant Karma. Mr. Vick will get his and it happens on Sunday. Good luck!

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Both are unproven.

telespectatorul
    nbaadvice
    telespectatorul's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the Packers OL will start to make something happen like they used to do, I really don't think that the Eagles D can stop them with much succes. But from what I see it, Eagles OL > Packers OL at the moment + home field advantage. Maybe, just maybe, Packers D is a little better that the Eagles D, but I really don't think that this game will be decided by D's. I am pretty sure that Vick & Co can score at least 24 points in this one, but I really have questions about Packers OL to achieve the same thing.

Eagles will take this one.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

yeah last year it was over 80% on the packers

now its more like 54%

big difference.

Coin flip game.

The line never went to the packers side, this year, they got off 3 fast.

BoS_010
    It's a marathon, not a sprint
    BoS_010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

The Packers playoffs began two weeks ago at home vs a demoralized Giants squad that christened their new stadium with a second miracle at the meadowlands vs the Eagles the week before. Then last Sunday they beat the Bears 10-3 who were playing their starters for majority of the game. OK, the Bears were trying to knock out the Packers out of the playoffs, but how much effort could they really have put knowing they were locked as the #2 seed and the game had no affect on that? 90%? 80%? Whatever the case may be I don't believe they put 100% in and still only lost by one score, and had plenty of opportunities to win the game. Now the Pack go into Philly who are coming off essentially a must needed bye week. Throw out Week 1's game that has no bearing on this game IMO. So this is GB's third must win game against an Eagles team that everyone will have their performance against Minny a few weeks ago in the back of their minds. I think that was the first time I saw an Eagles squad play a team they were looking ahead of (from NJ watch all their games). Outside of Quintin Mikell, no one showed up for that game. That will not be the case this week. That loss lead to them sitting and resting Week 17, which I think is going to pay huge dividends to them. They (especially Vick) were in a dire need of rest. They are still the #1 scoring offense in the NFC with 439 pts (ATL 2nd with 414) despite theorectially only playing 15 games. GB is a really good team, #1 in point differential in the NFC with a +148 margin, but I think Reid will have Philly ready, as he usually does when it comes to the playoffs. He is king of getting teams to the NFC Championship game (sarcasm but it's true). GB also has an explosive offense, but only avg 18pts/away game this year, compared to Phillys 23+/home game (not including DAL last week). Rattling Rodgers early will be key for Phillys defense. With two known concussions this season, you know that will be in the back of Rodgers' head. Whether it's a sack or two, or just pressuring and getting a few hits on him, Rodgers will definitely be out of his element. Also, the Eagles need to get some kind of running game going, which I think they can and will. They don't necessarily need to run all over GB 'cause they won't, just enough the keep the D honest. They can't get completely one dimensional. With that said, I think Philly wins and covers.

I don't know why a one sentence opinion turned into a book. Sorry guys.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Only stat you need to know in this one is...Eagles haven't won a game when they score fewer than 24 points. You think they'll put up more than 24 on the #2 scoring defense in the league? What offense lit up the Packers defense this year? Look it up. Pats O only scored 17, other 14 came on a pick and ST screw up

This game is all about defense and GB easily has the better one.

Packs offense gets back on track this week, no Tampa two scheme to throw it off like last week. Instead, a blitzing one that plays right into what the Pack want to do, go vertical!
    Pack 28-20

Pride>UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Only stat you need to know in this one is...Eagles haven't won a game when they score fewer than 24 points. You think they'll put up more than 24 on the #2 scoring defense in the league? What offense lit up the Packers defense this year? Look it up. Pats O only scored 17, other 14 came on a pick and ST screw up This game is all about defense and GB easily has the better one. Packs offense gets back on track this week, no Tampa two scheme to throw it off like last week. Instead, a blitzing one that plays right into what the Pack want to do, go vertical! Pack 28-20
    10 points at home is a joke...that won't cut it on the road vs Philly...Eagles got this

telespectatorul
    nbaadvice
    telespectatorul's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah. you score 10 points when you HAVE TO WIN at home against a team that is already winner of the division and you want to have a shot at eagles? do i have to add that the first GB score in the bears game came with just a 2 minutes remaining from the 3rd Q?

Stevedore

10 points at home is a joke...that won't cut it on the road vs Philly...Eagles got this
    You're downfall will be that you weighted last weeks
    offensive performance by GB too much. Anybody who knows GB knows that Lovie's Tampa 2 scheme always gives GB's WCO fits.

You should concern yourself with what Rodgers did to the Giants blitzing scheme. That average defense like Philly's got TORCHED!!

D3 Mighty Ducks

I'd listen to Steverdore when it comes to the Packers. This dude knows his stuff.

SWBET
    SWBET's Avatar Become A Pro!

The pack D will introduce Vick to the playoff's then people will see why Brady is the true MVP

Stevedore

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    I'd listen to Steverdore when it comes to the Packers. This dude knows his stuff.
    Thanks Mighty, coming from you that means something.

I'd like to think I can be objective when it comes to my Packers. I hated the matchup last week and passed on them in the end. If the Bears didn't mail it in, and they didn't, played to win, I knew it would be a struggle.

NFL is about matchups and GB matches up well with Philly, doesn't mean they'll win, but I'm putting my money on GB's defense which is playing lights out at the moment. Their secondary is very good and matches up well with Philly's receivers. I believe GB's and Pittsburgh's defenses are the best in the playoffs and the stats bear this out.

Moving forward if they win, I don't like the matchup with Atlanta. Their more physical than GB and might have the best O-line in football. They have Turner and can just bleed the clock with long impressive drives. That would be a great rematch nonetheless.

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I'm really on the fence about this game. I feel like it could go either way. It depends on how rested Vick is..

Gilly86
    Gilly86's Avatar Become A Pro!

The argument that Rodgers hasn't won a playoff game has to be the most ridiculous possible arguing point there is surrounding this game. You realize he's only played one playoff game and in his debut he had 400+ yards and 4td's right? Or can we blame rodgers that the team gave up 50+ points

Pride>UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly86 View Post
    The argument that Rodgers hasn't won a playoff game has to be the most ridiculous possible arguing point there is surrounding this game. You realize he's only played one playoff game and in his debut he had 400+ yards and 4td's right? Or can we blame rodgers that the team gave up 50+ points
    You can blame Rodgers for ending the game on a turnover and losing the game when the coin toss should've won them the game.

raidersfan
    raidersfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Only stat you need to know in this one is...Eagles haven't won a game when they score fewer than 24 points. You think they'll put up more than 24 on the #2 scoring defense in the league? What offense lit up the Packers defense this year? Look it up. Pats O only scored 17, other 14 came on a pick and ST screw up

This game is all about defense and GB easily has the better one.

Packs offense gets back on track this week, no Tampa two scheme to throw it off like last week. Instead, a blitzing one that plays right into what the Pack want to do, go vertical!
    Pack 28-20
    The Packs Defense will win this game

KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

You think stevedore is from the packer area?

hustla
    hustla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5619

agreed, win and covers the spread

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Tough call. It's going to come down to if GB can make plays on defense. It seems under Rodgers, late in the game - he gets the score he needs, but leaves enough time on the clock for the D to be responsible for finishing the game. GB's D came up big last week, although it was a 7 point lead, not the traditional 3.
    I don't know. GB is going to have a heluva time trying to contain Vick. I'm not certain they can. They have enough speed on D, but is their scheme/gap control going to break down? That's always the question.

mav924
    mav924's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think eagles will have it easy against one the best defense in the league. Packers win

Stevedore

Quote Originally Posted by KACK View Post
    You think stevedore is from the packer area?
    No, from Los Angeles. Been a Pack fan since '84. I've only bet the Pack 4 times all year, not a blind homer; when I don't like the matchup I pass instead of betting against them, can't do it. I love the matchup this week and we'll see what happens.

Good article from Philly's perspective, blitz or don't blitz?

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/spor...tml?page=1&c=y