MR.HARRYtheHAT
    MR.HARRYtheHAT's Avatar Become A Pro!

~The Saints need to get Healthy??

The Saints need to get healthy, first of all -- guys like Colston,Jeremy Shockey and Pierre Thomas all sat out New Orleans' Week 17 loss to Tampa Bay,and the offense suffered as a result.The Saints re-signed RB DeShawn Wynn on Monday night, according to a tweet from Wynn’s agent,David Canter.The team will have to make a roster move to create room for Wynn when they return to practice on Wednesday.
    Payton didn’t provide any updates on injured players, which includes running backs Chris Ivory (foot) and Pierre Thomas (ankle).The status of wide receiver Marques Colston (knee), tight ends Jeremy Shockey (groin) and David Thomas (knee) for Saturday’s game with the Seahawks also wasn’t known.Ivory, free safety Malcolm Jenkins (knee) and tight end Jimmy Graham (ankle) were all hurt in the first quarter of Sunday’s loss to the Bucs, but Payton won’t give an injury report until Wednesday when he’s required to do so by the league..But beyond that, the guy to watch -- as is the norm with New Orleans -- is Drew Brees.The Saints QB doubled his interception total from 2009 to 2010 (11 to 22) and he's been mistake-prone in his team's losses. Seattle's only hope may be to force Brees into a few mistakes,so the New Orleans' signal-caller has to be smart and take care of the football.This doesn't figure to be one of those games that the Saints need to put up 40 points to win, meaning Brees shouldn't need to take as many risks or shots downfield if they're not there. Instead, the Saints can try to utilize their numerous weapons to carefully pick their way toward the end zone.

Defensively,it will be all about getting pressure.Seattle's difficulty running the football,so if the Saints' front four can generate a pass rush to disrupt Hasselbeck or Whitehurst,the Seahawks figure to have plenty of drives stall out before they get into scoring territory.It’s also worth pointing out that Saints Pro Bowl QB Drew Brees has been uncharacteristically sloppy the last two weeks,although Seattle’s Swiss-cheese secondary has to have him licking his chops Brees must be licking his chops right now.You’d never have known it by watching Sunday’s game against the Rams,but the Seahawks have the league’s 27th-ranked pass defense,allowing nearly 250 yards per game

When these teams met in November, a 34-19 New Orleans win in which Brees threw for 382 yards and four touchdowns,in addition to setting the all-time franchise record for completions.Brees will come close to those numbers on Saturday,as the Saints' arsenal of weapons on offense are too many for Seattle’s nondescript defense,which features an underwhelming pass rush..In spite of all of these very faint reasons for optimism, however, It’s really,really hard to imagine the Seahawks’season extending beyond next Saturday. I got down early on this one Saints -10 My Prediction ..Saints 28 Seahawks 7
    PS.. Stats and some analysis of the game used in my thread were from the blue card

Season: 21-6-2.. Last 5 Picks: 4-1 Chargers & Patriots & Falcons& Pittsburg.All covered. Lost On the Raiders Game Dec 26 2010 Against the Colts.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Update On Wild Card Game New Orleans vs Seattle.....Charlie Whitehurst's performance in the Seahawks' 16-6, NFC West-clinching win on Sunday night has coach Pete Carroll once again fielding questions about which quarterback will start on Saturday. As of this Tuesday morning, Carroll is still stating that he hasn't decided if Whitehurst or Matt Hasselbeck will start and that the two will split reps in practice this week. If Hasselbeck starts it’s possible that the spread will drop below 10. So if you are planning on taking the Seahawks to cover, my suggestion would be to place your wager early in the week. (Either that or save your money.)Seahawks coach Pete Carroll still isn’t sure who he will start at quarterback against the Saints on Saturday.Matt Hasselbeck and Charlie Whitehurst are expected to split snaps when the teams return to practice Tuesday.

MR.HARRYtheHAT

I am not a big believer in home field advantage, but I do believe in the Qwest Field advantage. Qwest is the loudest stadium in the NFL and the weather forecast is calling for temps in the mid 40’s and raining.These conditions that do not favor the Saints who are used to playing indoors. odds makers typically give the home team 3 points for home field advantage.I believe Qwest is worth more like 6 points. With the way Brees has been playing don’t be surprised to see the Seahawks defense come up with some picks and keep their team in this game.At the end of the day I believe the Saints win this game, but I do think it will be closer than most of the ESPN talking heads think it will be.I think the saints win by 14 but it will be a close game and the Saints will pile it on late.I know it might seem crazy to take a double digit road favorite but the Saints are the play.:Saints -10 1/2

fsfalcons
    fsfalcons's Avatar Become A Pro!

great write up thanks. go saints

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Thanks fsfalcons and very good luck to you in wildcard and play-off games!!!!

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

"payton" has put Ivory on IR.

Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great write-ups as always Harry ... I also believe the Saints Cover this one ...

empty cookie jar
    empty cookie jar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MR.HARRYtheHAT View Post
    I am not a big believer in home field advantage, but I do believe in the Qwest Field advantage.
    nice write-up, i'm seeing some of the same things you are, but i'm not a believer here. all 3 of the playoff teams that went to seattle kicked their ass.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Pierre Thomas out for playoffs

MR.HARRYtheHAT

Saints running back Chris Ivory will not be available for the playoffs. The undrafted rookie was placed on injured reserve after injuring his foot in the regular season finale against Tampa Bay. NFL Analyst Mike Detillier says Ivory’s injury hurts the Saints chances of repeating as Super Bowl champs.