KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

Eagles Game to be played in Blizzard conditions

FYI - they are predicting 8-12" of snow with high winds for the Eagles- Vikings game tomorrow night... I just wanted to let everyone know if they're thinking of playing the over (not a good play for obvious reasons)... Vegas already dropped it to 40....

Foggy
    Foggy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I got it at 43 as soon as I could...

Now down to 39. I still think that's a good value..

rocky502
    rocky502's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Vikes special teams was dreadful covering kicks/punts in the snow on Monday. Eagles may get a return TD in this one. Good chance for a pick six also. Never know what you are going to get in tough conditions. Wouldn't be surprised to see this one go over. Tough call

burkdog24
    burkdog24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

Thanks I just took the under !

jmilacek
    jmilacek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I would take the over here gentlemen. Bad weather doesn't mean low scores, just sloppy play. We might see a few defensive and special teams TDs.

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17732

anyone know if adrian peterson is going to play?

Siresco
    Siresco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1463

Yeah i think AP is scheduled to play.. I think its the total opposite and this game will go over.. I'll wait till before the game starts and hope it goes down more and play the over.

KingJIM
    KingJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!

I saw the local weather for philly and they are predicting 2-3 inches per hour during the early part of the game and heavy snow throughout.

Peterson is looking like a go from what I've read. Favre will probably be wheeled out to play his last primetime game and carted off to finish his career. Or it will be the Joe Webb show which didn't look all that good last week without Peterson.

Siresco
    Siresco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1463

Vick is gonna rush for like 350 yards and pass for like 250

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Waiting until just before kickoff. Weather report had Favre playing in 9 inches of snow last week. Not even half an inch.

frankzig
    frankzig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3622

let it snow snow snow still gonna be the vick show

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

The weather is supposed to be really bad, with the heaviest coming down between 3-midnight.

JJV
    JJV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

Most people thought the Patriots game would be under too and it went over, so you never know what you're going to get from a game with a lot of snow.

F42294
    F42294's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

I don't know if I like the under here maybe when it was back at 45, but JJV is correct. Snow, rain, sleet, freezing rain etc. is not a good predictor for Over/Under but WIND is a good indicator for low scoring games. The WIND factor is the only weather condition that consistently lowers the score of a football game. Looks like the wind will be North at over 20mph. Lincoln Financial field is aligned nearly as a N/S stadium which means the wind will be blowing right through from the south endzone to the north endzone. I don't know how the wind swirls in that stadium but if it doesn't swirl the team moving South to North will have a significant advantage which means each team will only be able to move the ball with efficiency for 1/2 of the game. This should result in a lower scoring game than a game without the wind. Look at the Over/Under as a ONE HALF line instead of an entire game line. Will these two teams score over the total in a typical half without adverse weather? That answer will tell you what play you should make on the total for THIS game.

GL to everyone whoever you are on this week.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

over as in rover

ex50warrior
    ex50warrior's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24752

Quote Originally Posted by Siresco View Post
    Vick is gonna rush for like 350 yards and pass for like 250
    Agree; the Vikings defense will give Vick a big boost in the MVP contest.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Under can be such a trap when people see snow coming...

MurrDogg4
    MurrDogg4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Quote Originally Posted by Siresco View Post
    Yeah i think AP is scheduled to play.. I think its the total opposite and this game will go over.. I'll wait till before the game starts and hope it goes down more and play the over.
    Agreed. This could be one of those weird games where the Eagles cover the over by themselves (i.e. Patriots vs. Bears)

dwang0725
    dwang0725's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

I alerted everyone last week about the possibility of a storm during the week when the line first opened at 44. Got in on the under at 44, and I'll buy it back right before kickoff to middle the numbers.