brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Why Do People Keep Talking about this "trap" Nonsense??

the overwhelming majority of games that looked like sure things have covered over the last few weeks

Ravens covered at Houston
    Chargers covered
    Falcons Covered
    Bears Covered
    Raiders Covered
    Pats and Cowboys did not cover

that is 5-2 on the "square" plays of the last few weeks

so when will you guys stop with this "trap" nonsense and realize that football is determined by matchups on the field?? (NOT what happens in vegas)

makaveli66
    makaveli66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Ur right. "Trap" is something insecure, fake mother rooster_eater talk ABOUT!!

C-Low420
    C-Low420's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree.. I try not to feed into that bullshit and its worked in the bowl games so far.
    This weekend wouldnt be surprised if the Ravens cover again along with the Colts.

Look for the Steelers to whoop tmw against the sorry Panthers
    GL

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

they will eventually bite you ... you are just picking a few games .. im not gonna get into this just my 2 cents

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    they will eventually bite you ... you are just picking a few games .. im not gonna get into this just my 2 cents
    week 14

Steelers Cover
    Falcons Cover
    Pats Cover
    Saints Cover
    Packers and Colts don't cover

so that's 9-4 last 2 weeks

Bogart45
    Bogart45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4509

When people use words like "trap, sharp, square" they are just trying to make themselves seem smarter than they feel they really are, because deep down they know they are long-term losers. If they were confident in their pick and consider themselves long-term winners, they wouldn't use such terms.

Long-term winners make all kinds of picks on both sides of any of these type of made up categories based on that individual game. Winning gamblers strive to make high percentage plays independant of any type of made up category it may fall into.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

My interpretation of a 'trap' is when the line is clearly adjusted off of what it should be to compensate for public perception. If you cap your own games half-decently it's not hard to see which games fall into this category.

V2daTizzo
    V2daTizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Colts did not cover against Titans...obvious trap was obvious

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Books can make the line whatever the hell they want and people will still take a side with shit value thinking it's a trap ,and again Vegas has balanced action.

They can put out a line Clippers -2 at home against Celtics and people would jump on Clips and start finding obscure stats to justify why the Clips are -2. They will call Celts +2 the square play and call this a trap game. Meanwhile Celtics will just win outright by 12 and Vegas has their balanced action as planned.

madrabbit
    madrabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

ppl use these stupid terms such as trap, fade, dogs, square's sharp's never have I come across a bigger bunch of twats in my life. They think theyre pro because they have thousands of posts but ion reality all they do is wank on the internet and probaby have **** all dollars in the bank.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by madrabbit View Post
    never have I come across a bigger bunch of twats in my life.
    Never? Really? If this is the biggest bunch of twats you've ever come across, then dare I say yuou don't get out much. Those 161 posts in about two weeks might even support that presumption.