hockeynut
    hockeynut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Significance of big games for certain teams needs to be considered...

For those that took the Vikings, you have to take into account the significance of the game. You have to adjust to the time of the year and how big this game is for the Bears before you bet against them. This philosophy is what got me the +14 Packers victory, and this is also what I applied to selecting Bears -5.5.

I just knew the Bears would come out to play just as the Packers did this week. The Vikings have nothing to play for.

Adjust with the final stretch and you'll come out a winner. Of course this wont apply to every game, but these big games are likely to be winners for the team that needs it the most.

brettley
    brettley's Avatar Become A Pro!

What about the spoiler role? Playing loose with no pressure.

I think you can factor that into a decision but some teams really get up for that spoiler role, especially division rivals.

Just to note, I wasn't on Minnesota or New England.

hockeynut

Well like I said, it's not going to work for all games as some will play spoiler like you said. But I think you have to at least put that into your thinking before making any bet. You cant have the same mentality of week 15 that you would have had in week 7, it's just differen't the last few weeks of the season. You need to adjust.

CougarSports
    CougarSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

tuebijhryuteu8ehe8ejeue89rhy7vb 747brbue

GimpedMaster
    Go Cards!
    GimpedMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by hockeynut View Post
    For those that took the Vikings, you have to take into account the significance of the game. You have to adjust to the time of the year and how big this game is for the Bears before you bet against them. This philosophy is what got me the +14 Packers victory, and this is also what I applied to selecting Bears -5.5.

I just knew the Bears would come out to play just as the Packers did this week. The Vikings have nothing to play for.

Adjust with the final stretch and you'll come out a winner. Of course this wont apply to every game, but these big games are likely to be winners for the team that needs it the most.
    I don't understand your logic here, considering you were basically wrong about the Green Bay game... I mean in the real world no one gives a shit about spreads, and Green Bay lost the game when they REALLY needed a win. Whether they lost by 1 point or 40 is irrelevant, they lost what was arguably a 'must-win' game. The fact that the game was even remotely close was pure luck, the Pats have been dominating fools and noone expected Flynn to play as well as he did early on.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

Yep. This is all nonsense if you ask me. The spread isn't gonna be significantly "off" because vegas didn't think of this angle - assuming it's even a relevant one.

hockeynut

Quote Originally Posted by GimpedMaster View Post
    I don't understand your logic here, considering you were basically wrong about the Green Bay game... I mean in the real world no one gives a shit about spreads, and Green Bay lost the game when they REALLY needed a win. Whether they lost by 1 point or 40 is irrelevant, they lost what was arguably a 'must-win' game. The fact that the game was even remotely close was pure luck, the Pats have been dominating fools and noone expected Flynn to play as well as he did early on.
    My logic is I had a strong feeling the Packers come out and keep it close since it was a big game for them. And they did that. They didn't win, but that isn't really relevant for those just looking to cash on the GB cover.

All I'm saying is the importance of the game has to be a factor and should be a factor in your bets.

Muddy
    Muddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3671

Quote Originally Posted by CougarSports View Post
    tuebijhryuteu8ehe8ejeue89rhy7vb 747brbue
    Completely agree.