The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Thoughts on Vick?

I'm a Panthers fan. So by rule I hate the Falcons. Which means I hated Michael Vick long before the dog fighting issue. It was bad enough he played for our division rival, combine that with all the rumors of him and his brother's off the field issues and his giving the finger to his own fans, and I saw a guy that just didn't seem to have much respect for life or himself.

So he goes to prison. Gets some advice from Tony Dungy. His play this season has been stellar. He's finally turning into the QB so many thought he would. Some still despise him, but I see what seems to be a sincere transformation in character. Today's exhibit is an article on ESPN.com....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5929856

He comes across to me as a completely different person. A man that, for the first time since he's been in the public spotlight, is someone I can respect as an individual.

What is the SBR forum's take on Vick's resurgence? Is he the prime example of why we believe in second chance redemption here in America? Or are some sins forever unforgivable?

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Why do we believe in 2nd chance???? Liberal BS

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by JosephPavs View Post
    Why do we believe in 2nd chance???? Liberal BS
    We believe in second chances because everyone makes mistakes, including the system.
    We believe in second chances because of the Battle of Saratoga.
    We believe in second chances because of Team USA 4, USSR 3.
    We believe in second chances because of Frank Reich and 35-3 becoming 38-41.
    We believe in second chances because of UNLV 77, Duke 79. (Even if it was fixed)
    We believe in second chances because Drew Brees won a Superbowl with the Saints and Ron Artest a title with the Lakers.
    We believe in second chances because everyone screws up once, but it doesn't mean they aren't capable of greatness.

Liberal BS is 3rd and 4th chances for the same mistakes. It's a little different.
    Last edited by The Madcap; 12-17-10 at 07:46 PM.

PuckHead16
    PuckHead16's Avatar Become A Pro!

FRANK REICH!!!!!!!!! yeah baby!!!!!!! USA too!!!!!!!

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

As I've said before. Vick is an inspiration to anyone who understands making a big mistake and regretting it. He has paid his dues and is making the most of this oppurtunity. It's really a good thing that others have taken a chance with Vick. I'm sure he appreciates this and is making the most of it. I applaud Vick and wish him the best in the future.