CRM20
    Update your status
    CRM20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3160

YTD: 44-23 Chargers -9.5: Alex Smith will have a huge letdown game=Bust

The San Diego Chargers are coming into this game off a huge shutdown win vs the KC Chiefs 31-0. The Chargers have the number one Defense overall in the NFL. Early in the season we all saw the letdowns and even in recent weeks vs Oakland. Phillip Rivers has taken over this team with his good leadership skills along with his decision making. Phillip and his boys will be extra motivated tonight and should come out with a few big plays early and set the stage. Think about it Alex Smith has stuggled all year until last week vs the Seahwaks(last week down 14-3 vs panthers). All of these are bad teams. Back to Smith he will feel the pressure tonight to showcase his talents. I have a feeling he will be asked to do much more than he is capable of doing with this team. The Chargers stiff run Defense comes to play these boys wont have more than 100 yards rushing, that puts smith in 3rd and longs, which is hard for any QB andB as soon as he makes one bad decision, hell 2nd guess himself all game. Phillip Rivers again shows why he is MVP worth along with this great D. Lay the 10 backing the home squad. Chargers are best with thier 3 backs rushing all 2nd half becuase of the lead 49ers D will be tired and will give up plays to all Matthews, Tolbert, Sproles..Gluck fellas -9.5

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good writeup. I think you are dead on with Alex Smith having to face a lot of third and longs. He will really have to make big plays for the niners to have a chance and I can see him throwing off balance a lot during the course of the game....which hopefully for us will turn into some turnovers. The more I think about this game, the more I like SD. Wish I would have gotten the 8.5 earlier though, I actually had to buy down to 9.5.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Good points. The Chargers and 49ers are at two different levels, team-wise.