Pap45murF
    Pap45murF's Avatar Become A Pro!

Better to bet 1 or 2 "sure things" or spread it out with multiple bets?

Just wondering which technique is smarter. I usually play 3 in the hopes of winning 2 out of 3, but last week I tried betting all the weekly units on one obvious play... and Green Bay took a dump on my potential earnings, while the other teams I would've bet on... covered.

So in the spirit of the post-loss regret, should I stick with few plays for big money or spread it out at 1 unit per 5 or 6 games in the attempt to lower the impact any fluke game might have on my bankroll?

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

I like to go big on only a couple of games. Only games that I really love and have a good feeling about.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

If your happy where you are at in your bankroll then yes 3 trying to cover 2 is fine.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

I have found the ones I go big on, are the ones I lose. Too bad I had already burnt my bankroll up before I admitted that to myself. Next year I will continue to lay down around 10 bets a week, cfb and nfl, but all bets will be same amount for me. I think its a little different for everyone, considering we all have a homer team we love, and we all have different tendencies when looking at games to bet on

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I think 99% of people would make more money if they just stuck with one best bet a day. It's a lot easier to go 1-0 than 2-1

Pap45murF
    Pap45murF's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes but it's also a lot harder to go 0-1 with your 5 units of the day, also. Going 3 for 5 or even 2 for 5 is much less likely to sting so bad that I try and play Monday Night Rebound with teams that I wasn't going to play.