woody78
    woody78's Avatar Become A Pro!

Weather issues for Bears game tomorrow?

I know this total plummeted from 44 to 38 already, but they're calling for heavy snow and 30 mph winds tomorrow essentially all day in Chicago from the link below and hearing local forecasts on TV

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdet...L0225?dayNum=1

Anyone else tempted to still hammer the under here even with the drop?

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

lets go bears!! some1s gotta beat the pats cmon bears!!!

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

i thinking bears win here , not much drive here for ne

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

I never understood why cold weather and snow would make a game go under. Shouldn't the offense have the advantage here? Offense has the advantage of knowing the play and when they have to cut in their passing routes. Defense is harder to play in bad conditions.

The only thing is gusts of up to 50mph makes FGs at Soldier Field almost impossible.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by mebaran View Post
    I never understood why cold weather and snow would make a game go under. Shouldn't the offense have the advantage here? Offense has the advantage of knowing the play and when they have to cut in their passing routes. Defense is harder to play in bad conditions.

The only thing is gusts of up to 50mph makes FGs at Soldier Field almost impossible.
    It can help a passing game by allowing a long pass from a slipped defender, but huge wind gusts kinda negate that. It hurts running backs who try to make little cuts. Defenders going after RB's basically just drive to the ball, doesn't effect that much. It can also cause turnovers, which tend to hurt offense, but could cut either way as they can cause scores also.

All in all though, huge winds combined with snow and sub-zero temps is not especially conducive to scoring.

jlamb518
    jlamb518's Avatar Become A Pro!

Under would have ben a nice play at 44 ,but currently at 38.5 ,i'm staying off of this one.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

OK here's the latest scoop guys. Wind is going to be a much bigger issue than snow. The snow accumulation should be mostly during the AM. There may a linger snow shower or too, and I'm sure some on the ground, but it shouldn't be a blizzard. However, they are now calling for SUSTAINED winds of 30-40mph with gusts possible over 50mph. That is ******* intense. If that's the case, I'm not sure I can recall a game with more wind. Field goals will be next to impossible. Kickoffs and punts will be interesting too. And you can completely rule out throwing down the field.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

If the wind is that intense, the team with the wind at their backs for 2 quarters better take full advantage of it!!

rsktkr
    rsktkr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

What's the difference? Both teams know how to play in harsh conditions.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I think the snow factor gives the Patriots even a better chance to win.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Redchevy View Post
    If the wind is that intense, the team with the wind at their backs for 2 quarters better take full advantage of it!!
    Why do you assume wind will be at anyone's backs? I think Soldier Field is basically North-South. They are saying winds out of the NW. That tells me it should be prett much blowing diagonally. Maybe even more tricky. Plus I'm sure it'll be swirling. I don't think anyone will be able to take advantage of much in either direction. It could though effect FG's, making it possibly to kick into the south endzone and impossible in the north endzone. For strategy, I'd much rather have the better wind and easier kicks in the 2nd and 4th quarters.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I just remembered the crazy wind game was in '05 against San Fran. Can't find any videos though.