NicksPicks
    NicksPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Patriots -3 This Weekend Another Trap By Vegas??

Why is this line so low? I got destroyed by the Colts last night..and now I'm tempted to bet on the Pats -3 on Sunday. But I'm also tempted to avoid any bet that looks too good to be true.

What do I do?

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by NicksPicks View Post
    Why is this line so low? I got destroyed by the Colts last night..and now I'm tempted to bet on the Pats -3 on Sunday. But I'm also tempted to avoid any bet that looks too good to be true.

What do I do?
    The line is -3 cause they are playing A 9-3 team on the road that has won 4 straight

Bears are gonna win this....that defense will have game of a lifetime and bears win 27-20

c4yrslf12
    c4yrslf12's Avatar Become A Pro!

But Brady's on a mission...I'd take a -9 here.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by c4yrslf12 View Post
    But Brady's on a mission...I'd take a -9 here.
    Ur joking right?

The bears defense is unbelievable and this game is in soldier field. Jay cutler has a 110 qb rating last 5 games and that offense has been very productive

New England is gonna be in for an absolute war in this game.... If u think this will be an easy win, u are out of your mind
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 12-10-10 at 12:12 PM.

knelson
    knelson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Can't wait to see this game. If I had to pick this one, I'd go with Pats SU but I'd rather stay away.

vegasfred
    vegasfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2581

The only reason the Pats are favored at all is because of mass public perception. 9-3 team, at home, big statement game for them, NE off a short week in a Monday night game they obviously put more effort into preparing for then any game this year.

The game should be a pickem, but the public LOVES NE especially after Monday.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by vegasfred View Post
    The only reason the Pats are favored at all is because of mass public perception. 9-3 team, at home, big statement game for them, NE off a short week in a Monday night game they obviously put more effort into preparing for then any game this year.

The game should be a pickem, but the public LOVES NE especially after Monday.
    Exactly, the bears should be favored here

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I think the Bears will win this game straight up.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Bears are the play but try to get it at 3.5

brahmabull117

The smart thing here is to buy 1.5 points to make it bears +4.5

The bears will win this game, but if they lose, it definitely won't be by more than 3-4 pts

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

bears +9/skins +8 is where i have placed my wager (teaser) using this matchup. good luck!

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

It's NE or no play for me. If Brady stays as hot as he has been the last 4 games, he'll pick that defense apart and it could get ugly early, even on a shitty field. Brady simply has too many reliable targets. I can't back Cutler playing from a deep hole, which I think he'll be in.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Redchevy View Post
    It's NE or no play for me. If Brady stays as hot as he has been the last 4 games, he'll pick that defense apart and it could get ugly early, even on a shitty field. Brady simply has too many reliable targets. I can't back Cutler playing from a deep hole, which I think he'll be in.

the bears played the philadelphia eagles, who average 35 points per game with Mike Vick (more than New England) and dominated the majority of that game before winning by 5 points (really would have been 12 if not for that miraculous late catch by Celek)

what in the world makes you think that a team can step into Soldier Field and win easily like that against a group of guys as proud and as motivated as this bears team?

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Pats by a touchdown. Cutler is still Cutler, which means he will come back down to earth. I'm pretty sure Brady has never lost a snow game, and their style of offense plays into that weather perfectly. Short passes with speedy receivers on a slippery field gives the advantage to the offense. They could slip 4 or 5 times and just be down where they fall, but if the D slips once, its a BIG play.

Should be a great game, can't wait to see that stupid look on Cutler's face

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's going to be snowy and cold and crappy when this game is played, which both teams are used to so that won't help anyone except those betting the under. The Pats won't be in their friendly confines and I expect there to be some letdown from the Jets game. Everyone just seems to forget how well the Bears D is playing and how vulnerable the Pats is. They've had the offense to cover up their ineptness and I'm not so sure they'll be able to play that against CHI.

The Bears are tired of people calling them frauds and now have a perfect chance to prove themselves. Look for the field to be a factor and the crowd to be in a frenzy. If there's ever a time to fade NE this would be it. With that being said Bill is a better coach than Luvy and he will have a solid plan that, if executed, will give them a chance to win. If they win this one by more than 14 you can just crown them now and give Brady another trophy wife while your at it.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Pats by a touchdown. Cutler is still Cutler, which means he will come back down to earth. I'm pretty sure Brady has never lost a snow game, and their style of offense plays into that weather perfectly. Short passes with speedy receivers on a slippery field gives the advantage to the offense. They could slip 4 or 5 times and just be down where they fall, but if the D slips once, its a BIG play. Should be a great game, can't wait to see that stupid look on Cutler's face
    were you one of the people who said the bears would lose by 2 touchdowns to the eagles??

same game, same situation as the eagles game...the Bears will win again and prove all the naysayers wrong for the 50th time this season

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Pats by a touchdown. Cutler is still Cutler, which means he will come back down to earth. I'm pretty sure Brady has never lost a snow game, and their style of offense plays into that weather perfectly. Short passes with speedy receivers on a slippery field gives the advantage to the offense. They could slip 4 or 5 times and just be down where they fall, but if the D slips once, its a BIG play.

Should be a great game, can't wait to see that stupid look on Cutler's face
    But isn't that what the Bears have been doing too? At least for the last month the Bears offense has been primarily high percentage short and quick passes. And NE's receivers are nowhere near as fast as Devin Hester and Johnny Knox.

Interesting thought on advantage offense though. I don't entirely disagree. After the total has dropped 5 points Over 39 might be in play.

And do you guys trust Shayne Graham? Field goals could be key and I'll take Robbie Gould at Soldier Field in bad conditions.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    were you one of the people who said the bears would lose by 2 touchdowns to the eagles??

same game, same situation as the eagles game...the Bears will win again and prove all the naysayers wrong for the 50th time this season
    No, I wasn't ...although I did think the Eagles would win. And let's be honest here, Eagles receivers dropped a cpl of TD passes, and the INT of Vick was pure luck, deep in Chicago territory. Bears played great, no doubt, but it wasn't exactly a dominating performance

brahmabull117

No, I wasn't ...although I did think the Eagles would win. And let's be honest here, Eagles receivers dropped a cpl of TD passes, and the INT of Vick was pure luck, deep in Chicago territory. Bears played great, no doubt, but it wasn't exactly a dominating performance
    bears were up 18 points with 8 minutes left in the game, it would have been a 3 score victory if it wasn't for the garbage time points and the MIRACULOUS catch by Brent Celek in quadriple coverage. How is that not dominating???

oh and people saying that the patriots offense is gonna throw all over the bears defense. Keep this in mind, the Eagles average 35 points per game and 420+ yards of offense per game with Mike Vick (both of those numbers being superior to the patriots) and the bears contained that offense just fine.

New England will be in for an absolute war in this game

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    But isn't that what the Bears have been doing too? At least for the last month the Bears offense has been primarily high percentage short and quick passes. And NE's receivers are nowhere near as fast as Devin Hester and Johnny Knox.

Interesting thought on advantage offense though. I don't entirely disagree. After the total has dropped 5 points Over 39 might be in play.

And do you guys trust Shayne Graham? Field goals could be key and I'll take Robbie Gould at Soldier Field in bad conditions.
    Very true abt the Bears receivers, but their hands are not even close to as good as the Pats. How will Hester adjust to catching in the snow, when he still struggles in great weather? (That's a srs question, not being a smarrtass). Woodhead is as shifty as Hester, and Welker>Knox.

HUGE advantage for the Bears in the kicking game. If it comes down to FGs, Gould is definitely more reliable than Graham.
    Last edited by rsnnh12; 12-10-10 at 02:05 PM.

rsnnh12

bears were up 18 points with 8 minutes left in the game, it would have been a 3 score victory if it wasn't for the garbage time points and the MIRACULOUS catch by Brent Celek in quadriple coverage. How is that not dominating???

oh and people saying that the patriots offense is gonna throw all over the bears defense. Keep this in mind, the Eagles average 35 points per game and 420+ yards of offense per game with Mike Vick (both of those numbers being superior to the patriots) and the bears contained that offense just fine.

New England will be in for an absolute war in this game
    Ignoring the 3 dropped TDs and the batted pass INT deep, huh? Thought you would.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I wonder about a couple of things for NE:

1. Has Green-Ellis ever played in conditions like this? And when I say ever, I'm not just talking NFL.
    2. Do you trust Shayne Graham at Soldier Field in the wind against a team with guys like Peppers and Idonoje that can disrupt kicks? Robbie Gould knows Soldier Field conditions like the back of his hand.

brahmabull117

Ignoring the 3 dropped TDs and the batted pass INT deep, huh? Thought you would.
    I'm actually a gigantic Mike Vick fan but I don't remember the dropped TDs

you sure you are not thinking of the giants game??

in any case, Bears all the way in this one. This is the most talented defense in the league and all they have heard all week is about how great Tom Brady and the Patriots offense is. Soldiers field home field advantage is huge...bears offense is playing with tremendous efficiency and confidence right now

Bears - 27
    Pats - 20

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line is small because public perceives Chicago as a cold, tough place to play this time of year. Also, NE is coming off a HUGE win and might let down a la Cleveland earlier in the year.
    But NE knows how to play a "cold weather game".
    AND the NE defense has finally jelled after a rought start. It is built to stop the run and will make Bears one dimensional. Bears OL is not good at protecting the passer when they are playing catch up.
    NE has played a MUCH tougher schedule (8 compared to 27 SOS) and are on a mission, and have been pounding teams (Pitt, Det, Jets), not just barely covering, though Colts back doored them to cover.
    I lean to NE, we shall see.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I wonder about a couple of things for NE:

1. Has Green-Ellis ever played in conditions like this? And when I say ever, I'm not just talking NFL.
    2. Do you trust Shayne Graham at Soldier Field in the wind against a team with guys like Peppers and Idonoje that can disrupt kicks? Robbie Gould knows Soldier Field conditions like the back of his hand.
    I'm actually concerned about both those things. I'm sure Belichick will have BJGE prepared, but who knows how that will translate to game situations? And having Gostkowski would be HUGE, but I honestly don't know Graham does in bad weather.... hopefully someone has some stats on it

rsnnh12

I'm actually a gigantic Mike Vick fan but I don't remember the dropped TDs

you sure you are not thinking of the giants game??

in any case, Bears all the way in this one. This is the most talented defense in the league and all they have heard all week is about how great Tom Brady and the Patriots offense is. Soldiers field home field advantage is huge...bears offense is playing with tremendous efficiency and confidence right now

Bears - 27
    Pats - 20
    Pretty sure that game is where the drops started. Maclin dropped 2 and DJax (I think) had another

You also thought that D would dominate the Lions, starting a 3rd stringer, and the Bears were lucky to get the W....just sayin

brahmabull117

Pretty sure that game is where the drops started. Maclin dropped 2 and DJax (I think) had another You also thought that D would dominate the Lions, starting a 3rd stringer, and the Bears were lucky to get the W....just sayin

the bears thought they would walk in and get the victory...unforunately that's why the game was close in the 1st half (they played with no energy or intensity on defense)

they dominated in the 2nd half though...just 50 total yards given up

we will see in this NE game... I guarantee you that you will get the absolute best out of the bears defense in this game

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm actually concerned about both those things. I'm sure Belichick will have BJGE prepared, but who knows how that will translate to game situations? And having Gostkowski would be HUGE, but I honestly don't know Graham does in bad weather.... hopefully someone has some stats on it
    It's not just bad weather, but Graham was a Bengal so I highly doubt he ever played at Soldier Field with the field conditions and wind. Gould is a master of it, and one of the best anyway. And Graham was out of a job until a month ago.

And the stuff about how fast guys can make one cut and then run past....that's Devin Hester in a nutshell. He is ultra dangerous on kicks for that and because it's gonna be tough to kick the ball in the endzone (unless it's with the wind) or angle toward the sideline. Special teams could be huge, and I think a pretty significant Bears advantage.

vegasfred

First of all, I don't think any reasonable follower of the NFL would believe that CHI would DOMINATE PHI and they didn't. They played well, contained Vick and the Eagles and won the game.

Second, I see this argument all the time in tons of threads. If this had happened then they would have won the game, if they hadn't done this then they would have covered, if the refs didn't do this then the other team would have won. You can look back at ALL games and come up with spots where the outcome would have changed. The difference between NFL teams are so small. The ones that win are the ones that make plays when they count and vice versa for losing teams.

You can play the what if game with every last NFL game. How's this:

If Braylon Edwards doesn't drop the 3rd and short pass in the 2nd Quarter, they would've had a first down in the redzone and gotten a TD instead of a FG, then if Edwards didn't drop a 3rd and 1 pass at mid field, the Jets wouldn't have had to punt and would have been close to getting into FG range. Then if Sanchez doesn't throw an INT on the opening drive of the second half on the Pats 9 yd line, they would have gotten another TD. They would only have been down 24 - 17 AND would have had momentum ......

Does that sound reasonable at all? The question is meant to be rhetoric but hopefully in your mind the answer is "no" ....

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by vegasfred View Post
    First of all, I don't think any reasonable follower of the NFL would believe that CHI would DOMINATE PHI and they didn't. They played well, contained Vick and the Eagles and won the game.

Second, I see this argument all the time in tons of threads. If this had happened then they would have won the game, if they hadn't done this then they would have covered, if the refs didn't do this then the other team would have won. You can look back at ALL games and come up with spots where the outcome would have changed. The difference between NFL teams are so small. The ones that win are the ones that make plays when they count and vice versa for losing teams.

You can play the what if game with every last NFL game. How's this:

If Braylon Edwards doesn't drop the 3rd and short pass in the 2nd Quarter, they would've had a first down in the redzone and gotten a TD instead of a FG, then if Edwards didn't drop a 3rd and 1 pass at mid field, the Jets wouldn't have had to punt and would have been close to getting into FG range. Then if Sanchez doesn't throw an INT on the opening drive of the second half on the Pats 9 yd line, they would have gotten another TD. They would only have been down 24 - 17 AND would have had momentum ......

Does that sound reasonable at all? The question is meant to be rhetoric but hopefully in your mind the answer is "no" ....
    .... the scenarios you bring up are quite a bit different than dropped passes in the end zone. The only variable is that the passes were dropped... the Eagles moved the ball, and had receivers open in the end zone, they just didn't catch the ball. Do you think the Pats will make those same mistakes?

Backspacers
    Backspacers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 140

I think here's another game where the media pumps it up good. my feeling reading between the lines is pats win and cover significantly. chicago overated as well

cwuga9889
    cwuga9889's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Does anyone know why the total is dropping like a brick? Is is the weather?

brahmabull117

.... the scenarios you bring up are quite a bit different than dropped passes in the end zone. The only variable is that the passes were dropped... the Eagles moved the ball, and had receivers open in the end zone, they just didn't catch the ball. Do you think the Pats will make those same mistakes?
    there were no dropped passes in the end zone in this game...you are thinking of the eagles giants game when eagles receivers dropped 3/4 TD passes

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Pats are on fire wouldnt bet against them

vegasfred

The point isn't that the games are similar in anyway. The point is that all games have pivotal moments and you can always look back and give reasons or excuses why a team lost or didn't cover. The fact is the Bears held a very good offensive team, PHI, in check and that is the argument Bears backers are hanging their hat on for this game.

And for the record, I believe the Eagles gained around 190 of their 390 total yards in the 4th quarter when they were down by 18 points against the Bears prevent defense.

123 Last