gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Colts vs. Titans serious analysis

It's true; the past few weeks have been terrible for the Titans.. however, what better match up could they have than the Indianapolis Colts? Peyton Manning has been OFF TARGET for the past few weeks as well. I'm fairly certain that if someone (for whatever reason) missed the past few weeks of Manning, and someone mentioned him being OFF TARGET, it would be like taboo to them. I'm fairly certain that person would be more likely to believe there's a redneck country girl by the name of Sheniqua.

Looking back at the last few weeks for the Titans:
    L Jacksonville: 17=6
    L Houston: 20-0
    L Washington: 19-16

Looking back at the last few weeks for the Colts:
    L Cowboys: 38-35
    L San Diego: 36-14
    L New England: 31-28

Analyzing the Titans: The Titans are primarily a threat on the ground. If you can stop the run, you can stop the Titans. In every game the Titans have won this year, Chris Johnson has played a major role (except in the win over the Eagles, that was a fluke). The Titans are in the bottom 33 percentile in Rushing and Passing yards allowed, as well as total yards allowed. (22, 23, 24, respectively).

Analyzing their past 3 games:

Washington obviously exploited the Titan's pass defense. Although Mcnabb only threw 1 touchdown, he passed for 376 yards. Even though the Redskins failed to convert on many of those drives, they sure got enough field position for the 4 field goals, as well as the lone touchdown. It didn't help that the turnover ratio was 2:1 in favor of the Redskins.

Houston is a pretty good team. Sure, they've got a terrible pass defense, but a pretty damn good defense against the run. That was a disaster for Chris Johnson, who only got 5 yards in 7 carries.

Jacksonville has a powerful rushing offense, which completely dominated the Titans. Jones-Drew rushed for 186 yards, and Jennings + Garrard combined for a total of 14 of their 17 points. The Titans should have been able to counter by putting points on the board with Jacksonville's terrible(ranked 27th) passing defense, but somehow Collins threw two picks which evidently didn't help matters.

I would continue my analysis for the Colts, but I'm dead tired and have some shut to take care of before it gets too late in the afternoon. Hopefully people can build on this.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Based on this analysis the Colts need a Great Rush D and a Great Ground game to beat the Titans, they have neither I believe Titans are great defending their own RedZone too?

I remember the Skins had some unknown RB who ran over the Titans early on. Cant remember his name but if he can do it Im sure the Colts can find someone to do so if needbe. Titans kept MoJo in control in the first half at least I THINK, but the Jags still went up by 2 scores, through their passing game and Titans crap passing game. Honestly Kerry Collins cant construct a series anymore. He always comes up short, as has the Titans offence with 0 TDs in the 3 games above, all without VY.

If Titans cant pass on Washington or Jacksonville, they cant pass on anyone. They're relying on CJ here. Can someone please find his numbers versus the Colts, from what I recall he hasnt been great, even in his 2k season last year. Their speed counteracts his chances of a big gain. His yards have been so poor lately - is he injured, bruised or well-rested for this match? Is their O-line injured or playing crap, cause they were one of the best last year?

BrownTown
    BrownTown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 164

Indy is one of the worst against the run and one of the best against the pass. You do the math ... CJ will get the ball A LOT. I like the under.
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    It's true; the past few weeks have been terrible for the Titans.. however, what better match up could they have than the Indianapolis Colts? Peyton Manning has been OFF TARGET for the past few weeks as well. I'm fairly certain that if someone (for whatever reason) missed the past few weeks of Manning, and someone mentioned him being OFF TARGET, it would be like taboo to them. I'm fairly certain that person would be more likely to believe there's a redneck country girl by the name of Sheniqua. Looking back at the last few weeks for the Titans: L Jacksonville: 17=6 L Houston: 20-0 L Washington: 19-16 Looking back at the last few weeks for the Colts: L Cowboys: 38-35 L San Diego: 36-14 L New England: 31-28 Analyzing the Titans: The Titans are primarily a threat on the ground. If you can stop the run, you can stop the Titans. In every game the Titans have won this year, Chris Johnson has played a major role (except in the win over the Eagles, that was a fluke). The Titans are in the bottom 33 percentile in Rushing and Passing yards allowed, as well as total yards allowed. (22, 23, 24, respectively). Analyzing their past 3 games: Washington obviously exploited the Titan's pass defense. Although Mcnabb only threw 1 touchdown, he passed for 376 yards. Even though the Redskins failed to convert on many of those drives, they sure got enough field position for the 4 field goals, as well as the lone touchdown. It didn't help that the turnover ratio was 2:1 in favor of the Redskins. Houston is a pretty good team. Sure, they've got a terrible pass defense, but a pretty damn good defense against the run. That was a disaster for Chris Johnson, who only got 5 yards in 7 carries. Jacksonville has a powerful rushing offense, which completely dominated the Titans. Jones-Drew rushed for 186 yards, and Jennings + Garrard combined for a total of 14 of their 17 points. The Titans should have been able to counter by putting points on the board with Jacksonville's terrible(ranked 27th) passing defense, but somehow Collins threw two picks which evidently didn't help matters. I would continue my analysis for the Colts, but I'm dead tired and have some shut to take care of before it gets too late in the afternoon. Hopefully people can build on this.

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18487

Nice write-ups. My money in on IND -3. Simple scenario: I believe the Colts get 2 stops defensively vs the Titans, and Indy produces points from those holds. Tennessee is anemic offensively, and with Peyton throwing, albeit to practice-squad-if-you're-lucky receivers, advantage INDY.

Stinger
    Stinger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

One of the best QBs of all time agaisnt a washed up Kerry Collins who barely breaks the average mark? Give me a break. Colts all the way.

garry554
    garry554's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Finally... Some intelligent input. Colts -3.5, <46.5. Got it early!

Daveyboy

Quote Originally Posted by garry554 View Post
    Finally... Some intelligent input. Colts -3.5, <46.5. Got it early!
    Can we have your 'intelligent input' as to why you made this bet too please?

ChileCheese
    ChileCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 256

Vince Young might outplay Manning today.

cwuga9889
    cwuga9889's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by ChileCheese View Post
    ?? Have you been living under a rock? Vince Young will not start this game, period. Kerry Collins is who they are going with, and so there will be nothing but run after run by CJ, especially considering the colts allow 200 yds rushing/game, while the titans average almost 239 rush yds/game. That, along with the 1 pt of rlm in favor of the under (around 65-70% of people on the over and it dropped to 45) makes for a play on the under. Peyton will score points even with a lot of players out, but the titans will not unless CJ has 150 yds rushing and 3 TDs.

Daveyboy

Quote Originally Posted by cwuga9889 View Post
    ?? Have you been living under a rock? Vince Young will not start this game, period. Kerry Collins is who they are going with, and so there will be nothing but run after run by CJ, especially considering the colts allow 200 yds rushing/game, while the titans average almost 239 rush yds/game. That, along with the 1 pt of rlm in favor of the under (around 65-70% of people on the over and it dropped to 45) makes for a play on the under. Peyton will score points even with a lot of players out, but the titans will not unless CJ has 150 yds rushing and 3 TDs.
    Whats CJs record like against the Colts?

GoldenRichards
    GoldenRichards's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am betting the under

brettley
    brettley's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the under as well. Despite indy having no ground game, I think the colts try to establish the run as well. It will take pressure off of manning and wont make the offense so one dimensional.

Even if the run game is unsuccessful, I see them sticking with it as manning dropping back to pass every play has been there downfall.

The J-Dizzle
    The J-Dizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4102

Manning over 304 passing yards? Doesn't that seem low? He will pass the ball all night long.

Gatoraider
    Gatoraider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1335

Quote Originally Posted by Daveyboy View Post

Whats CJs record like against the Colts?

10/27/08- W 31-21, 19rus 77yd 1TD, 4rec 19yds (HOME GAME)
    10/11/09- L 9-31, 9rus 34yd, 2rec 9yds (HOME GAME)
    12/06/09- L 17-27, 27rus 113yd, 6rec 28yds (AWAY GAME)

He has not had much success vs Colts, especially at home.. Im going to the game tonight, should be interesting.

I took colts

Spartan14745
    Spartan14745's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

I'm jumping on the Under as well, too high of a line IMO. Not betting a side but I would play the Colts. GL!

BetWeather
    BetWeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 143

One of the best QBs of all time against a washed up Kerry Collins who barely breaks the average mark? Give me a break. Colts all the way.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

I heard Eddie George is suiting up for when CJ is tired...

vboyt
    vboyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Good write up

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

turn over your hourglass timer, then watch collins drop back to pass, when he eventually throws the ball the timer has run out of sand

JPeso
    Giants!
    JPeso's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChileCheese View Post

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

what do you guys think of a teaser? colts+3, under 52.5

kp126
    kp126's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Stompin_Tom View Post
    what do you guys think of a teaser? colts+3, under 52.5
    Looks good to me. The under looks like a hit. Only thing that can keep this from going under is bad special teams play and/or excessive turnovers.

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am going the teaser route but i am on the over.... Too many overs hit this season