brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Bears - 5 = The Greatest Play of the Football Season

no doubt about it in my mind

- Detroit is racked with Injuries. Kyle Vanden Boshe, an excellent DE, is injured. Obviously we all know about third stringer Stanton starting
    - Detroit was playing horrible even with everybody healthy, having lost last 2 games by a combined 45 points
    - Bears have been on fire, winning 3 straight by an average of 12 points per game
    - Bears defense is one of the best in the league and it is facing a third string QB with no real history of success
    - that retard Nate Burleson guaranteed a victory, so you know the Bears have extra motivation and will not be taking this game granted for a second
    - bears offense has been playing great and they face one of the worst defensive squads in the league. Jay Cutler has thrown 9 TD passes his last 4 games and had a 107 QB rating his first matchup with Detroit
    - the lions have ZERO running game so they will be throwing all day into the teeth of the most aggressive defense in the league, a defense that forces more turnovers than any other team in the league. Expect the bears to force a minimum of 3 turnovers and give Jay Cutler a short field all game

this is a game where you could play it a 100 times and 95 out of a 100, the Bears would cover the spread. The lions will be lucky to lose this game by less than 3 scores
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 12-04-10 at 11:40 PM.

SR
    SR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

I like the over, this could be a bloodbath.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

The only thing scares me about this game is which Jay Cutler going to show up. He can very easily throw a few picks in the redzone and cause the bears to only win 14-10.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I like the over, this could be a bloodbath.
    the over?? LOL the only way the over will be covered if if the bears score 40 points by themselves cause the lions won't score more than 3-10

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    The only thing scares me about this game is which Jay Cutler going to show up. He can very easily throw a few picks in the redzone and cause the bears to only win 14-10.
    the Cutler concerns are silly

he has been playing really well now for 4 straight games and he played fantastic that first matchup vs Detroit

his O line has been playing a lot better and he has become more of a game Manager. He doesn't really make any more stupid throws or take a lot of sacks. He makes plays but mostly lets his defense and special teams (the best in the league) win games. Also the bears running game has looked great last 2 days

this game, he faces a terrible lions defense hurt further by injuries... so he should make a few plays, run the ball with good efficiency with Forte and let his defense and special teams dominate the game

Worst case Scenario, the bears win by 7 points. Realistically, I see a 17-20 point victory... if the bears play to their full potential, I see a 40 point victory

regretz
    regretz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    no doubt about it in my mind

- Detroit is racked with Injuries. Kyle Vanden Boshe, an excellent DE, is injured. Obviously we all know about third stringer Stanton starting
    - Detroit was playing horrible even with everybody healthy, having lost last 2 games by a combined 45 points
    - Bears have been on fire, winning 3 straight by an average of 12 points per game
    - Bears defense is one of the best in the league and it is facing a third string QB with no real history of success
    - that retard Nate Burleson guaranteed a victory, so you know the Bears have extra motivation and will not be taking this game granted for a second
    - bears offense has been playing great and they face one of the worst defensive squads in the league. Jay Cutler has thrown 9 TD passes his last 4 games and had a 107 QB rating his first matchup with Detroit
    - the lions have ZERO running game so they will be throwing all day into the teeth of the most aggressive defense in the league, a defense that forces more turnovers than any other team in the league. Expect the bears to force a minimum of 3 turnovers and give Jay Cutler a short field all game

this is a game where you could play it a 100 times and 95 out of a 100, the Bears would cover the spread. The lions will be lucky to lose this game by less than 3 scores

bears and over, good luck

brahmabull117

u guys are nuts with this Over talk

the line is 43.5

the lions are probably not gonna score more than 3-10 points...maybe 17 if they get a garbage time TD

you really expect a conservative Bears offense to score 35-42 points in this game??

realistically, it's gonna be like a 27-7 type Bears Victory which would go way under the line

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Ima fux with bull tomorrow. No way on the over tho.

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    u guys are nuts with this Over talk

the line is 43.5

the lions are probably not gonna score more than 3-10 points...maybe 17 if they get a garbage time TD

you really expect a conservative Bears offense to score 35-42 points in this game??

realistically, it's gonna be like a 27-7 type Bears Victory which would go way under the line
    Ehh...I dunno about that. The Lions have actually put up some decent numbers on the board this year. I mean, what other receiver in the league besides Megatron can literally take over a game? Calvin Johnson is such a good target that all you have to do is lob it up to him. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions found the endzone more than a few times.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if the Bears shut them down like the Dolphins a few weeks ago.

Regardless, I think Bears side is the right one to be on. Total is a real gamble in this one.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Line now 4 1/2 -110 at The Greek. Wtf?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by mebaran View Post
    Ehh...I dunno about that. The Lions have actually put up some decent numbers on the board this year. I mean, what other receiver in the league besides Megatron can literally take over a game? Calvin Johnson is such a good target that all you have to do is lob it up to him. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lions found the endzone more than a few times.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if the Bears shut them down like the Dolphins a few weeks ago.

Regardless, I think Bears side is the right one to be on. Total is a real gamble in this one.

the bears have faced 2nd/3rd string QBs two times this year...first game was a 26-6 win, the second game a 16-0 win

right now, the bears offense is a very conservative unit. If they get up 2 scores early in the game, they will be running the ball and making sure that there is no mistakes

this is a terrible team to play Over on

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85248

I would agree that the Bears seem to be the correct side, but as ttrace35 says, why is the line going down?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Line now 4 1/2 -110 at The Greek. Wtf?
    that is just baffling to me

the real line on this game should be Bears - 14

Milanboy
    Milanboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

as long as stanton is starting, bears is the play.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Milanboy View Post
    as long as stanton is starting, bears is the play.
    what I love most about this game is the lions complete lack of running game

the bears will be dropping 7 guys into coverage the whole game and letting that front 4 devour the lions offensive line. Stanton will have to throw the ball 50 times in this game and will inevitably throw at least 2-3 interceptions

expect Israel I. and Julius Peppers to have 2 sacks each tomorrow
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 12-05-10 at 12:43 AM.

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

The books just saw Brock Lander's free pick was the Bears and it jumped up to -5

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7787

i just took lions +5...ftw as they say.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

People harp on Stanton but he did outpass Eli earlier this year losing by 8 in the Meadowlands.

Jessica
    Jessica's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lions can and will score. Believe they've been in 7 straight overs or 7 straight overs at home I think......not so sure.

windwind
    Update your status
    windwind's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 492

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Bears
    so.......

alex81
    alex81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

the key element is the mismatch of chicago d vs stanton

Anthonyg7
    Anthonyg7's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm convinced the bears will take this one pretty easily... thinking about a big play here..

tad0matic
    tad0matic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2027

tempting play indeed

KingJIM
    KingJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!

People of SBR forum please jump off Bears Bandwagon because I would like to see them win.

Seriously though all these people saying nice things might scare me off playing Bears for more.

ANGRYBLACK
    ANGRYBLACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Going small on the Bears...

Spartan14745
    Spartan14745's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Definitely liking the Bears today to cover, the O/U IMO is more of a gamble but if I had a gun to my head I'd pick the under.

zjohnzzz
    zjohnzzz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12848

bears to win, but not the over

Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bears win and cover ... Easy !!!

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

this reminds me of the bears about 5 years ago with the best defense ever going into MNF against Matt Lineart who picked them apart for 3 quarters only to lose in the 4th. Which caused Dennis Green's famous press conference. All I know is on paper this game should be 7-10 point spread. Why isn't it? My guess is that Chi wins by 3 and everyone is scratching their heads after the game trying to figure out what happened while Vegas is cracking up..........

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by chiliv5 View Post
    this reminds me of the bears about 5 years ago with the best defense ever going into MNF against Matt Lineart who picked them apart for 3 quarters only to lose in the 4th. Which caused Dennis Green's famous press conference. All I know is on paper this game should be 7-10 point spread. Why isn't it? My guess is that Chi wins by 3 and everyone is scratching their heads after the game trying to figure out what happened while Vegas is cracking up..........
    that's once out of a 100 type exception

the bears have faced 2 third stringers this year and both games have been 16+ point blowouts

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Agree... no way the lions can stay in this one.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

I dont understand the line movement. Bears look too good here

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

the lions are always my go-to cover team. but not today. not with Drew STanton at the helm. no chance in hell the lions take care of business today. you may be right, but as my boy wilforth quotes, "the easier it seems, the riskier it is."
    I will certainly be including this game in my teaser.
    best to all you fools.

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree.........but vegas don't give out free money.... that is my point. This seems way way way too good to be true..... those usually hit about 1 out of a 100 as well!

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by chiliv5 View Post
    I agree.........but vegas don't give out free money.... that is my point. This seems way way way too good to be true..... those usually hit about 1 out of a 100 as well!
    the bears have been involved in this sorta situation twice this year and covered both spreads easily

12 Last