mukas pukas
    mukas pukas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagles W last night

Thoughts on Thursday night game, recap, analysis

Last night. Yes, a close one, but in a way, still a good solid win. The offense was good enough to get the points up and likely would have gotten more if the defense could have earned a few stops, but they were piss poor. It was a game that was garanteed to be won by 3, 7, or 10 points so 8.5 or 7.5 or 9 didn't matter as much in this situation. The sloppy play on the part of the Eagles can't be overlooked as with penalties they tried early and often to give the game to the Texans. The Texans to their credit played very good football for 3 quarters, but that is still what made the Eagles a nice play. Even playing as well as they were, and as poorly as the Eagles had been playing until around the end of the 3rd, they had earned only a 4 point advantage. Turnovers are a part of the game you can't always depend on but are a factor to emphasize a play and were crucial last night as Schaub was forced to extend plays to give his team a chance, thus committing 2 critical turnovers. The Eagles Defensive line should be credited with much sounder play than the secondary can claim, though penalties hurt them as well.

All in all this game wrapped up well. The Eagles had too many reasons to be able to win this game and cover. They were home, on a short week and eager to vindicate a loss to the Bears, an offense far superior to the Texans defense, and overall, just more talented as a unit, which despite being one of their sloppiest games of the year, still earned the W. It's these multitudes of assets to win a game that made the Birds a nice play last night. Perhaps 5 out of 10 times they win the game by 16 or 17.

Curious if anybody else saw things the same way

Whippit
    getting to know ms. douglas
    Whippit's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you're serious then my advice is quit betting nfl while you're behind

cobracommander
    cobracommander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I felt lucky to get out of that game alive with either of my bets, and I had the Eagles at -7 and -1. I couldn't believe my eyes when Philadelphia finally stopped a third and long in the fourth quarter. Another 30 seconds on the clock and my -7 probably would've been shot.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Eagles were far and away the better team. Schaub threw a few lob balls to Andre that Asante Samuel would have knocked down or picked easily. The Eagles are a good team and are going to go far this year

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7292

Eagles got lucky with another 4th quarter fumble by the opposing quarterback, thats all

mukas pukas
    mukas pukas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea, the final fumble was fortunate for sure. Again though, forced by the fact that the Texans were down by 10 with 3 minutes to go. I'm looking to see if this was a lucky win or if the read was good. Again, you can win a good bet in a lucky way, just as you can win a bad bet in a lucky way.

If anyone can tell me why a play on the Texans would have been smarter money, go right ahead. All things considered, what I saw on the field was a team with more talented players win by 10 despite being outplayed.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

All things considered, what I saw on the field was a team with more talented players win by 10 despite being outplayed.
    This is a good summary. I thought McCoy was outstanding. Houston was playing hard but just couldn't neutralize him.

Whippit

Quote Originally Posted by mukas pukas View Post
    Yea, the final fumble was fortunate for sure. Again though, forced by the fact that the Texans were down by 10 with 3 minutes to go. I'm looking to see if this was a lucky win or if the read was good. Again, you can win a good bet in a lucky way, just as you can win a bad bet in a lucky way.

If anyone can tell me why a play on the Texans would have been smarter money, go right ahead. All things considered, what I saw on the field was a team with more talented players win by 10 despite being outplayed.

laying more than a TD even at home is risky biz when you can't play defense...especially when the opponent (Houston) can score with same ferocity as Philly

also from common sense standpoint there's simply no way in hell oddsmakers gonna give you a good number w/philly.

maybe you laugh at this, but Philly & Jacksonville are very similar teams in terms of strengths/weaknesses. Houston was a pick in Jax couple weeks ago....but they're +8.5 in Philly? Makes no sense.

Houston played strong last night, even their defense played well enough until Q4 for them to take the lead.

After last nite it's doubtful that Philly would be laying as many points in a rematch.

Erock87
    Erock87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit View Post
    laying more than a TD even at home is risky biz when you can't play defense...especially when the opponent (Houston) can score with same ferocity as Philly

also from common sense standpoint there's simply no way in hell oddsmakers gonna give you a good number w/philly.

maybe you laugh at this, but Philly & Jacksonville are very similar teams in terms of strengths/weaknesses. Houston was a pick in Jax couple weeks ago....but they're +8.5 in Philly? Makes no sense.

Houston played strong last night, even their defense played well enough until Q4 for them to take the lead.

After last nite it's doubtful that Philly would be laying as many points in a rematch.

LOL. Garrard is not 1/5 the QB/athlete Vick is. This is a quarterback league. Just ask the Cardinals.

Harry Beever
    Harry Beever's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Whippit View Post
    laying more than a TD even at home is risky biz when you can't play defense...especially when the opponent (Houston) can score with same ferocity as Philly also from common sense standpoint there's simply no way in hell oddsmakers gonna give you a good number w/philly. maybe you laugh at this, but Philly & Jacksonville are very similar teams in terms of strengths/weaknesses. Houston was a pick in Jax couple weeks ago....but they're +8.5 in Philly? Makes no sense. Houston played strong last night, even their defense played well enough until Q4 for them to take the lead. After last nite it's doubtful that Philly would be laying as many points in a rematch.

do you remember when the eagles blew their load all over the jags and shut them out? if they were anywhere near similar in any way, that game would have been somewhat of a good match for them.

Whippit

if you think the outcome of one effin game defines both teams, then all i can suggest is that you hang it up & spare yo mama the misery of watching her son gamble his life away

you guys are too effin beyond hope to resurrect i'm afraid

Harry Beever
    Harry Beever's Avatar Become A Pro!

obviously one game doesn't prove anything long term, but the jags are so inconsistent that comparing them to anyone right now is a waste of time. they can be great at their best, but we rarely see that from them... thats why the colts have owned this division for so long.