brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Jets +3.5 is a Money Pick

I love this pick, this game just screams of one of those classic patriots/jets games that comes down to a last second field goal

what do you guys think?

slyone66
    slyone66's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is a revenge game for Patriots. and Brady plays his best football after Thanksgiving. not to mention the fact forecast calls for flurries and in the 30's. Patriots weather. Patriots all the way to bank for me

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Pats by 7+ here. It shouldn't even be close. Pats are on fire right now, Jets are scraping together wins. Pats win, 31-21

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

weather will be a factor.. i would consider the under.. can the receivers catch the ball with frozen hands..? hehe

it already moved 2 pts down from 47.5..

good luck!

Robust

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love the Jets in this spot I really think this Jet team matches up well against the Pats

gritz69
    gritz69's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love it

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by slyone66 View Post
    this is a revenge game for Patriots. and Brady plays his best football after Thanksgiving. not to mention the fact forecast calls for flurries and in the 30's. Patriots weather. Patriots all the way to bank for me
    They both play in the same NorthEast weather. Not like they are a West Coast team or a dome team. No real advantage.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Pats by 7+ here. It shouldn't even be close. Pats are on fire right now, Jets are scraping together wins. Pats win, 31-21

jets beat the patriots by 14 points earlier in the season

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    jets beat the patriots by 14 points earlier in the season
    I'm well aware... doesn't mean anything for this week. Both teams were different then. The Pats secondary has gotten better and is very confident right now, and Tommy 3 Rings is back to his old ways of shredding defenses w fast throws. Sanchez needs to have one of the best games of his life IMO to keep the Jets in this. Pats just have too many weapons, and w no clear number 1 receiver, Revis' impact will be minimized

brahmabull117

I'm well aware... doesn't mean anything for this week. Both teams were different then. The Pats secondary has gotten better and is very confident right now, and Tommy 3 Rings is back to his old ways of shredding defenses w fast throws. Sanchez needs to have one of the best games of his life IMO to keep the Jets in this. Pats just have too many weapons, and w no clear number 1 receiver, Revis' impact will be minimized

pats secondary and defense in general is one of the worst in the entire league (nearly deadlast in yards given up)

Patriots offense>>>>Jets offense
    Jets defense>>>>>>patriots offense

very even matchup, final score will be

Pats - 27
    Jets - 24

rsnnh12

pats secondary and defense in general is one of the worst in the entire league (nearly deadlast in yards given up)

Patriots offense>>>>Jets offense
    Jets defense>>>>>>patriots offense

very even matchup, final score will be

Pats - 27
    Jets - 24
    And this is where stats go wrong. Sure, Pats are at the bottom for yards given up. But have you watched their games? They had garbage time of 1 quarter or more against the Bengals, Bills, Steelers, Colts, and Chargers. The defense switches to prevent to avoid the big play. Granted, they usually give up a score or 2 late, but the goal is to drain the clock or get a turnover. The defense is far from best in the league, but they aren't at the bottom either. The Pats D wants to burn clock (when ahead), and then get Brady on the field to score points.

I'm not saying this approach is fool-proof (see the Colts game) but in general, it works. Pats D is not as bad as the stats show.

Rule 1 of NFL betting is never bet against Brady and Belichick at home. Jets will be lucky to get the cover here

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats 49 Jets 21

brahmabull117

And this is where stats go wrong. Sure, Pats are at the bottom for yards given up. But have you watched their games? They had garbage time of 1 quarter or more against the Bengals, Bills, Steelers, Colts, and Chargers. The defense switches to prevent to avoid the big play. Granted, they usually give up a score or 2 late, but the goal is to drain the clock or get a turnover. The defense is far from best in the league, but they aren't at the bottom either. The Pats D wants to burn clock (when ahead), and then get Brady on the field to score points. I'm not saying this approach is fool-proof (see the Colts game) but in general, it works. Pats D is not as bad as the stats show. Rule 1 of NFL betting is never bet against Brady and Belichick at home. Jets will be lucky to get the cover here

pats defense sucks brah...no matter how u justify it

they gave up 34 points to cleveland in a 20 point loss and gave up 28 points to the jets in their other loss. Hell they gave up 24 points to a mediocre lions team last week

Sanchez has looked good 3 out of the last 4 games and he looked fantastic in that first matchup (and he didn't even have santonio holmes in that game)

defensively, Revis and Cromartie dominated TO and Ochocinco that last game. They should at least contain this tremendous Patriots offense

I think this is a VERY even matchup. I see it being 24-24 late in the game and one of the 2 teams will hate a field goal late to win

texan13
    texan13's Avatar Become A Pro!

NY Jets 27 NE Pats 21

rsnnh12

pats defense sucks brah...no matter how u justify it

they gave up 34 points to cleveland in a 20 point loss and gave up 28 points to the jets in their other loss. Hell they gave up 24 points to a mediocre lions team last week

Sanchez has looked good 3 out of the last 4 games and he looked fantastic in that first matchup (and he didn't even have santonio holmes in that game)

defensively, Revis and Cromartie dominated TO and Ochocinco that last game. They should at least contain this tremendous Patriots offense

I think this is a VERY even matchup. I see it being 24-24 late in the game and one of the 2 teams will hate a field goal late to win
    of course the D looked bad in their 2 losses... that's why they were losses. Having 2 good corners is not how you beat the Pats. On any given play, the Pats have 5 weapons who Brady WILL throw to. He doesn't have a Randy Moss to please anymore. Welker doesn't care if he's shadowed by Revis all game and doesn't catch a ball, as long as they win. Is it any wonder why the Pats work so well? Its because their offense is too multi-faceted and has too many weapons, and there is no single way to stop them.

Revis and Cromartie could each not allow a single catch on them all night... all that means is the rest of that secondary is getting burned all night long.

Pats by 7-10

Edit- and the Packers, one of the best Ds in the league, gave up 26 AT HOME to the Lions. The Lions aren't that bad this year
    Last edited by rsnnh12; 12-02-10 at 06:19 PM.

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

pats jets. both teams with 10 days rest. bodies should be healed, both teams should be ready. Might be the first monday night game in a while that i don't bet on, think i might just sit back and just enjoy this one. Ahhhhh who am i kidding ill end up putting some kind of teaser together like i always do on mondays.

brahmabull117

of course the D looked bad in their 2 losses...
    the pats defense looked awful for 3 quarters last week as well

for the love of god, they gave up 130 rush yards to one of the worst rushing teams in the entire league in the lions. They gave up 24 points in 3 quarters. they were just lucky that the lions self destructed in the 4th quarter

the pats defense gave up 34 points and 400 yards of offense to one of the worst offensive teams in the league in Cleveland

oh and Mark Sanchez in the first matchup?? 120 QB rating WITHOUT Santonio Holmes

Having 2 good corners is not how you beat the Pats.
    the whole jets secondary/linebackers are all excellent though in addition to having 2 shutdown corners. Obviously I'm not saying they are gonna shutdown the pats offense, but they will contain it

and I don't get it, you seem to be more confident in an awful Patriots defense playing well than a Jets defense that's top 3 in the league in both total yards allowed and total points allowed. That makes no sense to me

Pats by 7-10

on a monday night big time Rivalry game between 2 division rivals with identical records???

that's crazy talk
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 12-02-10 at 06:27 PM.

rsnnh12

We'll see what happens. Jets were lucky to win against the Lions and Browns... the Pats coaching won't blow this game like those 2 staffs did

brahmabull117

We'll see what happens. Jets were lucky to win against the Lions and Browns... the Pats coaching won't blow this game like those 2 staffs did

jets were lucky to win against the browns??

the patriots lost by 20 to the browns

rsnnh12

jets were lucky to win against the browns??

the patriots lost by 20 to the browns
    And the Jets needed coaching mistakes to win both those OT games.... and the leagues worst secondary to blow the game against the Texans.

I'm well aware that the Pats lost to Cle... they also dominated the Lions,and the Jets didn't... what's your point?

brahmabull117

And the Jets needed coaching mistakes to win both those OT games.... and the leagues worst secondary to blow the game against the Texans. I'm well aware that the Pats lost to Cle... they also dominated the Lions,and the Jets didn't... what's your point?
    the point is that it's about an equal matchup

major lulz @ you having more confidence in the 29th ranked Patriots defense than the 3rd ranked Jets defense

u trolling?

rsnnh12

the point is that it's about an equal matchup

major lulz @ you having more confidence in the 29th ranked Patriots defense than the 3rd ranked Jets defense

u trolling?
    I don't have more confidence in them... I already saidd they aren't great. I have the most confidence in the Pats offense, and them being at home. The Jets defense just doesn't have enough to stop the Pats offense right now.
    Pats are on fire, Jets are struggling a bit. Although last week was a great game by the Jets

brahmabull117

I don't have more confidence in them... I already saidd they aren't great. I have the most confidence in the Pats offense, and them being at home. The Jets defense just doesn't have enough to stop the Pats offense right now. Pats are on fire, Jets are struggling a bit. Although last week was a great game by the Jets
    I think Patriots will win but its insane to say that it will be a blowout or even a 10 point game

basically it breaks down like this

Jets offense is decent but not great
    Pats offense is fantastic
    jets defense is fantastic
    Pats defense is awful
    Homefield advantage goes to Pats
    Coaching Advantage goes to Pats

end result???

Pats - 27
    Jets - 24