edh1011
    edh1011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3980

2010-11 labby system

there's been some talk about starting this under sports betting professor NFL/NCAA football/NBA, and john morrison NFL/NBA/NHL systems. i will be able to post jm plays. but i don't subscribe to sbp. so if anyone who should follow this subscribes, plays would be appreciated. otherwise it will mostly be jm.

as of now there is only sbp NCAA/NFL football. and i think he has a "reloaded" system for each too. jm NFL/NHL will start next month. and of course the NBA season starts in november.

i'll begin with a base line of 5. for the purpose of this thread

5 = 0.5 units
    10 = 1 unit

5-5-5-5, that way i'm starting out with a 1 unit bet. the amount wagered for 1 unit is up to you. i personally recommend a small % of your bankroll. about 2-3%. and maybe smaller if you bet on more than 1 system at a time.

so the first bet will be sbp ncaa later in the week.

again i don't get his plays. so all plays posted are very much appreciated. if not, i will try to get them by gametime.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Stealinhome
    Stealinhome's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Like it

WlliamWlliam
    WlliamWlliam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking forward to this. Thanks for the thread and your time

Mr.Carrot
    Mr.Carrot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keep this thread up

Seth
    Seth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Hey Edh, really looking forward to following these picks using this system, seems a lot less risky than most 3 game chases. Question, how many units would you recommend to make up my entire bankroll, and what's the longest losing streak you have incurred using a labby? Thanks.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

will be watching this...GL.

jairocon
    jairocon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

awesome! let's hope they let us keep this one! now let me go and google a good explanation on how a labby actually works, so that I can join in the fun

edh1011

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Hey Edh, really looking forward to following these picks using this system, seems a lot less risky than most 3 game chases. Question, how many units would you recommend to make up my entire bankroll, and what's the longest losing streak you have incurred using a labby? Thanks.
    hey seth,

well i tested the labby out this summer with JM MLB. i never lost more than 3 in a row. but i only played the A and B bets. if i had played C bets, i would have had more losses.

what i do with my bank is divide it by 2-3%. and that will determine the unit amount. so if i had $1,000 i would divide by 3% and get 30. then to get my labby line i would divide that by 4. my line would look something like this

7-7-7-7

this way there is plenty of room to chase in case of a bad streak. i hope this helps

WlliamWlliam

Copied from another site. Can someone let me know the correct etiquette when coping Tips from elsewhere eg do I have to name place/person etc

This is the Reloaded NCAA pick, no original NCAA on thursday

SPORTS BETTING PROFESSOR

NCAAF

North Carolina St. -2*

edh1011

thank you william for posting.

line: 5-5-5-5

risk 10 (1 unit) on north carolina state (-2) 7:50 ET (thursday)
    Last edited by edh1011; 09-15-10 at 07:44 PM.

edh1011

i forgot to mention that i personally bet to risk, and not to win using the labby line. the odds are only -110. i don't buy pts in the jm nba system. teams usually cover anyway. and i play moneylines in the jm nhl system. so there will usually be + odds there. i just don't like risking a whole lot on 1 single game. if people want to bet different though i can post either way.

Thirsty P
    Who Dat
    Thirsty P's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good job edh1011 on getting this started. Much appreciated.

I am not sure if it is against the rules of this forum to post links to other sites but I found a pretty good explanation of the Labouchere System for those who need an explanation.

Labourche System explained:
    http://www.sportsbettingden.com/labo...%20system.html

Seth
    Seth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Quote Originally Posted by edh1011 View Post
    hey seth,

well i tested the labby out this summer with JM MLB. i never lost more than 3 in a row. but i only played the A and B bets. if i had played C bets, i would have had more losses.

what i do with my bank is divide it by 2-3%. and that will determine the unit amount. so if i had $1,000 i would divide by 3% and get 30. then to get my labby line i would divide that by 4. my line would look something like this

7-7-7-7

this way there is plenty of room to chase in case of a bad streak. i hope this helps
    Thanks for the great explanation Edh! Starting today with the NC State pick -1.5. Few more question for you; you say that you only bet the original spread on NBA and don't buy the points, how has this worked out for you? Also, do you only bet the A and B games on the NBA? If a team ends up covering only with the 3 points extra, do you end up calling it a loss and moving on to the next series?

I am very interested in how this turns out, I also hate laying the -170 juice on the NBA system all season. Thanks man!

edh1011

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Thanks for the great explanation Edh! Starting today with the NC State pick -1.5. Few more question for you; you say that you only bet the original spread on NBA and don't buy the points, how has this worked out for you? Also, do you only bet the A and B games on the NBA? If a team ends up covering only with the 3 points extra, do you end up calling it a loss and moving on to the next series?

I am very interested in how this turns out, I also hate laying the -170 juice on the NBA system all season. Thanks man!
    ususally teams will cover without buying 3 pts. but yes if they cover for jm, and not me, i will just move on to the next series. the labby will allow you to recover the small loss. i'm not sure if i'll play just a/b or a/b/c. we'll have to see how it goes. i think just playing a/b worked better for me in the mlb season.

jairocon

edh1011... what do you do if the line has moved by the time you're about to place the bet? for example today the line moved in my favor, I can get it at -1.5 @ -110, or I can stick to the system line -2 and get it at -105. Do you choose the better line or do you stick to the original and get better odds?

Same question - for future bets... in case line moves against us and by the time we get to bet, the line is off. Do we buy points to get the line equalized to what SBP picks, or do we just go with what's available and hope the team covers anyway?

edh1011

Quote Originally Posted by jairocon View Post
    edh1011... what do you do if the line has moved by the time you're about to place the bet? for example today the line moved in my favor, I can get it at -1.5 @ -110, or I can stick to the system line -2 and get it at -105. Do you choose the better line or do you stick to the original and get better odds?

Same question - for future bets... in case line moves against us and by the time we get to bet, the line is off. Do we buy points to get the line equalized to what SBP picks, or do we just go with what's available and hope the team covers anyway?
    good question. in your case i would take the -1.5 since it gives you an even better chance to win. but in the case of the line moving against us, it's really a judgement call. what i usually do is buy a 1/2 pt if the spread is a _.5 and the play is a square number. for example tonight it's nc state -2. so if my line was 2.5, i would buy the 1/2 pt so that i wouldn't lose if nc state won by exactly 2. now let's say the pick was nc state -1.5, and my line offered -2. there is no need to buy the 1/2 pt because nc state cannot win by 1.5 pts. so worst case scenario, nc state would win by 2 and i would push while others won. so no real harm done. i hope that makes sense. it usually wont come down to a 1/2 point though.

jairocon

Saw this in the service forum (courtesy of aeschylus):

SB Professor Original NCAAF Pick Friday 9/17
    Nevada +3*

I assume we're going to follow all 4 football systems

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

I believe so and some basketball when it starts up.

edh1011

a nice win to start the thread.

bank: 0.90 units

record: 1-0

line: x-5-5-x

risk 10 (1 unit) on nevada (+3) 10:05 ET (friday)

WlliamWlliam

edh1011, nevada is the original pick and the win was the reloaded pick. Are we combining them or are they meant to be separate? Just checking. Thanks

jairocon

I thought we were doing them separately. edh1011 probably just made a mistake. That's why I have 4 worksheets setup now, to keep track of these plays, so that I don't do any "cross-betting".

WlliamWlliam

thanks jairocon

edh1011

your right. i didn't realize that nevada was an original pick and not reloaded. the wager amount is still the same since we won last night

SBP original line: 5-5-5-5

risk 10 (1 unit) on nevada (+3) 10:05 ET

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

The reloaded play is Cal -2.5

jolmscheid
    jolmscheid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey guys..did you try thinking about doing a 2-line labby like JW Cash said? It spreads your wagers out a little more, but then the bets won't get as high when we hit a losing streak. Just something to think about!

jolmscheid
    jolmscheid's Avatar Become A Pro!

So the reloaded play and the regular play contradict each other...what do we do then? Do we just lay off the game? This seems to happen more often times than not...how come his 2 systems are both supposed to work so well yet they are on opposite sides sometimes?

miltonsilvano
    miltonsilvano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Quote Originally Posted by jolmscheid View Post
    So the reloaded play and the regular play contradict each other...what do we do then? Do we just lay off the game? This seems to happen more often times than not...how come his 2 systems are both supposed to work so well yet they are on opposite sides sometimes?
    Laying off the game is not good solution

Example
    when you bet on both A- and A+
    ORG A+ , A- , B+ .............. two finished system that meen 2 units profit
    REL A- , B-, C+ ................... one finished system thats meen 1 unit profit

When you lay off
    ORG A+ , A- , B+ .............. one finished system that meen 1 units profit
    REL A- , A-, B+ ................... one finished system thats meen 1 unit profit

You see that in the second solution you have 1 finished system less than the first solution.

Thirsty P
    Who Dat
    Thirsty P's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am trying to figure out the best way to handle this as well. I am playing the original and reloaded on separate labby lines. At this time, they have different amounts for the next wager. I have already wagered on Nevada for the amount of my SBP Original NCAAF labby line amount. I now am faced with either laying off the reloaded play or wagering on the reloaded play for the amount of my SBP Reloaded NCAAF labby line amount.

It seems I should play Cal now for the amount of my Reloaded labby line amount since I have already wagered on Nevada. Any thoughts?

jairocon

This is really unsettling. I just don't see a point in playing both sides of the game - because we will come out on a losing side by eating up the chalk. Unfortunately I already placed my bet on Nevada yesterday, so I will hedge this time and place a bet on California as well, but in the future I will simply skip a game when he plays both sides. It's quite counterproductive.

miltonsilvano - I didn't really get the point why playing both sides would be beneficial in two separate systems... you lost me at A+/A-

miltonsilvano
    miltonsilvano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

This is really unsettling. I just don't see a point in playing both sides of the game - because we will come out on a losing side by eating up the chalk. Unfortunately I already placed my bet on Nevada yesterday, so I will hedge this time and place a bet on California as well, but in the future I will simply skip a game when he plays both sides. It's quite counterproductive.

miltonsilvano - I didn't really get the point why playing both sides would be beneficial in two separate systems... you lost me at A+/A-
    When i say A+ i mean that A is a winner and when i say A- i mean that A bet is a loser.

edh1011

yeah i agree. if we play both sides there is no way we will profit because of the juice. i've already made my wager on nevada.

WlliamWlliam

I'm going to play reloaded only, even though I suffered the system loss from the original system last week. With basketball starting soon there are too many labby lines for me and I don't have the bank to cover them all in case they all go into C bets at the same time.
    Last edited by WlliamWlliam; 09-17-10 at 08:11 PM.

edh1011

we have been relocated to the nfl forum. willie bee didn't want to start a chain of people posting their picks in player talk.

well for those of us who played original got lucky. i didn't post or wager on the reloaded play for CAL. so i will count it as a win for now.

bank: 1.81 units

record: 2-0

original line: x-5-5-x

reloaded line: x-5-5-x-10

not sure what to do in case that happens again. i haven't received any plays for ncaa today. i am about to leave for my job and will be gone most of the day. so i will not be able to post. if someone wants to take over for today, just use the lines above for sbp picks.

WlliamWlliam

Looks like I'm onto B bet with reloaded. Since I started I'm 1-4

Someone might want to confirm these. Got them from the service forum.

Original
    Vanderbilt +12*
    Arizona St. +13*
    La. Tech +3.5*
    UCLA +3.5*

Reloaded
    Georgia -2.5*
    Colorado St. +8*
    Mississippi St. +8*

1234 ... Last