Dallas +685
    Green Bay +805
    Giants +845
    Philly +1415
    Atlanta +1415
    Chicago +1415
    Arizona +1615

Everyone else +2000 or higher.

So far, and I know it is extremely early, the best value I see is Pitt +645 in the AFC, and the Dirty Birds (Atlanta) +1415 in the NFC. I'll never figure out why people dump so heavily on the Chargers. This team never makes it to the Big Game. They always have a million excuses, but still fall short.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Idds. Boy am I in good shape. CAn a mod correct that to read odds? Thanks.

acampbell2345
    acampbell2345's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

I might put a small play on Chicago for giggles...long shot but so were the saints this year.

Giants look like decent value for a small play.

So sad that football is over for 250 days.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I agree that Atlanta and Pittsburgh look like the best value. Baltimore probably deserves a look as well.

As for super longshots, Texans might end up looking like this year's Saints. Also, the 49ers might catch the NFC sleeping.

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice odds for the Pats IMO

dvb02
    Update your status
    dvb02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1790

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    AFC:

Indy +345
    San Diego +425
    New England +605
    Pitt +645
    Baltimore +1215
    Jets +1215
    Cincy +1615

NFC:

New Orleans +485
    Minny +615
    Dallas +685
    Green Bay +805
    Giants +845
    Philly +1415
    Atlanta +1415
    Chicago +1415
    Arizona +1615

So far, and I know it is extremely early, the best value I see is Pitt +645 in the AFC, and the Dirty Birds (Atlanta) +1415 in the NFC. I'll never figure out why people dump so heavily on the Chargers. This team never makes it to the Big Game. They always have a million excuses, but still fall short.
    So true!!!!

Jshap1515
    Cardinals racking up the wins
    Jshap1515's Avatar Become A Pro!

Honestly, Cardinals have the worst value without Kurt

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7210

eagles have good value and pitt is the best play there

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

A team that might have good value is the Carolina Panthers. John Fox makes the playoffs every other year, and that running game has the ability to keep them in any game. If the qb issue gets settled, they could be a sleeper. They're not built to go 14-2 or anything, but they could make the playoffs, and +2000 or better on a playoff team is good value.

RJ89
    RJ89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1741

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonal_98 View Post
    A team that might have good value is the Carolina Panthers. John Fox makes the playoffs every other year, and that running game has the ability to keep them in any game. If the qb issue gets settled, they could be a sleeper. They're not built to go 14-2 or anything, but they could make the playoffs, and +2000 or better on a playoff team is good value.
    I agree completely on Carolina. The only problem is they have a lot of good free agents and are thinking about getting rid of Matt Moore and sticking with Delhomme. They are definitely a team to watch though.

In the NFC I also like Green Bay at +805. If they stay healthy, they'll have one of the top 5 passing games in the league and a great defense. This year they got destroyed with injuries on defense and that's why their defense got debacled by the Cardinals, but if that doesn't happen they'll be one of the top 2 teams in the NFC.

In the AFC I'll say there's value in Cincy at +1615. This year their defense carried them and Carson Palmer disappointed, especially against good defenses (he was awful against the Jets). If TO goes to Cincy they'll finally have good 1-2 threats at WR again. If Palmer plays better and Cedric Benson continues to be an efficient back, they'll be tough to beat and will definitely make the playoffs again.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by RJ89 View Post
    In the AFC I'll say there's value in Cincy at +1615. This year their defense carried them and Carson Palmer disappointed, especially against good defenses (he was awful against the Jets). If TO goes to Cincy they'll finally have good 1-2 threats at WR again. If Palmer plays better and Cedric Benson continues to be an efficient back, they'll be tough to beat and will definitely make the playoffs again.
    TO could be the missing piece. This team would become an instant headline team. Still, they are in a brutal division. They won't catch anyone sleeping next year. That's a nice price, but the Bengals haven't proven themselves in the playoffs.

When it comes to props like this, look at the team's track record for winning in the playoffs. I'd hate to bet on teams like the Bengals winning 2 or 3 big playoff games when they haven't shown that they can win a single playoff game. At least this year's Saints showed recently that they could win at home in the playoffs prior to this year.

Above, I like the Carolina pick, because they have shown in the recent past to be able to put together the kind of team that can get to the Super Bowl. Maybe it's even better value than the Bengals in that regard. But the division is tough with Atlanta and New Orleans going nowhere. Carolina has it's work cut out for them and I don't like their chances with such an aging team and a lame duck coach.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I think the important thing to remember is that 2010 will be a no cap year. That means that restricted free agency goes from 4 to 6 years. I think you are going to see a lot less free agency movement this season than in the past. That means that the teams will pretty much have to rely on what they have now. The draft may play a little more of an important role because of the restricted free agency.

TheBet
    TheBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

49ers, watch out. You heard it here first.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by TheBet View Post
    49ers, watch out. You heard it here first.
    Hard to go wrong @ +2550.

I just can't see Alex Smith leading a team to the Super Bowl.

veemister
    veemister's Avatar Become A Pro!

PITTSBURGH WILL WIN SUPER BOWL

netinfo
    netinfo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll never figure out why people dump so heavily on the Chargers. This team never makes it to the Big Game. They always have a million excuses, but still fall short.
    Well, considering that this team made it to the divisional round of the playoffs in 4 straight years, the oddsmakers figure that they have a pretty strong chance of making the playoffs every year, and you know, any team that goes to the playoffs has a chance at the SB, especially a consistent playoff caliber team. Also, considering that Rivers is on the rise, getting molded into an elite QB, then that's a strong factor for why the Bolts are so highly favored.

netinfo

netinfo
    netinfo's Avatar Become A Pro!

And with that said, I'm not taking the Chargers at +425, because there is no strong value in it right now. I'll wait until the first few games of next season, when they will struggle, like they always do, and get them at a high + value, like +1000 or more, and then watch them go on a strong winning streak to close out the season like always.

netinfo

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philly +1415
    Atlanta +1415
    Chicago +1415
    Jets +1215
    Cincy +1615

All have great value

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is this prop to win regular season conference or 2 make it to the SB?