Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

To me that was one of the biggest choke jobs in sports history

U want to blame someone look no farther than ur so called MVP. That defense was on the field the whole game it seemed and he played awful in second half making some of the dumbest decisions i ever saw like he was told at half time to let Brady win. Taking terrible sacks after sacks. Fumbling at a crucial moment. Snapping the fuking ball with 20 seconds on the clock when he needed to run out the clock. Belly check is over there with this grin like he knew Ryan was an idiot and knew he was gonna get the ball back all the time.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

yes

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Yep up there with Warren Moon and those run and shoot oilers

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

They knew who they were and they let them off the hook

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

pretty much...scared play calling bad management all around second half

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

ATL played the best 1H they were capable of playing and NE played their worst 1H. It was somewhat of a choke job, but in reality, the better team won. That's why games are 4q's. ATL should never have been up 25 in this game

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

No doubt about it; the Falcons lost it as much as the Patriots won it.

Thor4140

Ryan did everything wrong u could possibly do. And their kick returners were hilarious. NE just downs it and takes it on the 25. Atlanta's catch it at the two and run it to the ten. WTF was that? Let the fuking ball hit the ground and go out of the endzone if u can only get 8 yards. The one asshole didn't even try he just ran right out of bounds at the ten.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Whoever called the pass for a sack after the Julio catch should have to walk home. All they had to do was run the ball 3 times, kick the FG and the game was over. That was worst than the Seattle pass on the 1 yard line. WTF? Teams have no clue about clock management nor in game situations. Somebody should have to answer for that stupidity.
    Points Awarded:

MikeTizzy gave Mac4Lyfe 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JoeA1010, MikeTizzy, and odog11

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

To you? To everyone! I don't think there's any question about it. Unreal comeback but also an unreal meltdown

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Biggest choke job since November 8th

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    No doubt about it; the Falcons lost it as much as the Patriots won it.
    Ryan did everything he could to make Brady succeed. Those sacks and the fumble were killers. The third down pass Jones caught he could have run for a first down but this jackass makes a guy make a circus catch. The killer tho was snapping the ball repeatedly with 20 fuking seconds left on the clock.

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

ye. they got too cocky on offence and passed wen they should have run it.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by RGG View Post
    Biggest choke job since November 8th
    might be right there

Thor4140

If not for That one sack they go up 11. He destroyed them right there. Thats it they win. Aikman was stunned even talking about it. It wasn't like he had no chance.

KGambler
    KGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    ATL played the best 1H they were capable of playing and NE played their worst 1H. It was somewhat of a choke job, but in reality, the better team won. That's why games are 4q's. ATL should never have been up 25 in this game
    Come on now, they had the game locked up. Everything had to go right for the Patriots - they needed to get lucky and they did. Maybe the Pats are the better team but that has nothing to do with how they won unless you think the spread should have been -28 or something. A slightly better team doesn't come back and win like that just because they are better. That's not how variance works. Even late in the 4q, when ATL was up 8 and in FG range, the friggin Cleveland Browns would have been favored to defeat the Pats in that same situation.

Ryan did choke but the fumble is one play that cannot be blamed on him. The O-line does need to at least slightly impede the pass rush.

OmahaOmaha
    OmahaOmaha's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1038

absolutely is. falcons gagged on it and it will sting for years

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    Come on now, they had the game locked up. Everything had to go right for the Patriots - they needed to get lucky and they did. Maybe the Pats are the better team but that has nothing to do with how they won unless you think the spread should have been -28 or something. A slightly better team doesn't come back and win like that just because they are better. That's not how variance works. Even late in the 4q, when ATL was up 8 and in FG range, the friggin Cleveland Browns would have been favored to defeat the Pats in that same situation.

Ryan did choke but the fumble is one play that cannot be blamed on him. The O-line does need to at least slightly impede the pass rush.
    He had a lot of time and held the ball way to long. For sure that was his fault and no one else's

SouthBayGame
    SouthBayGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2895

Still stunned here. Covering +3 for entire 60 minute game. But lost that bet

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    No way Kraken,your giving the Patriots to much credit,one FG is all it would have taken for the Falcons to win this game and not worry about the OT,and they couldn't get it done,thats a choke job in my opinion.

deary626
    Let it ride
    deary626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1357

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    No way Kraken,your giving the Patriots to much credit,one FG is all it would have taken for the Falcons to win this game and not worry about the OT,and they couldn't get it done,thats a choke job in my opinion.
    Yup, they only needed a fg. Why throw, it look so fishy all you needed was run run and FG.

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    He had a lot of time and held the ball way to long. For sure that was his fault and no one else's
    You could be right. I only saw the play once and am going off memory. I thought they flew in pretty quick.

Ryan choked but so did the O-line, defense and coaching staff.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29066

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Whoever called the pass for a sack after the Julio catch should have to walk home. All they had to do was run the ball 3 times, kick the FG and the game was over. That was worst than the Seattle pass on the 1 yard line. WTF? Teams have no clue about clock management nor in game situations. Somebody should have to answer for that stupidity.
    that pass play is what lost them the game. Period

totally agree

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Clock management in the NFL is a complete joke and Ive noticed this for years, ryan is an idiot and chokes just like I suspected

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Run three times, kick a FG, go home champs. Simple as that

KGambler

You could be right. I only saw the play once and am going off memory. I thought they flew in pretty quick.

Ryan choked but so did the O-line, defense and coaching staff.
    OK, I just watched a replay and you are totally wrong. A guy ran straight to him, virtually unimpeded, and crushed him as he tried to throw. There was no blocking involved and he didn't hold the ball long at all. The guy was allowed to run straight into him.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Clock management in the NFL is a complete joke and Ive noticed this for years, ryan is an idiot and chokes just like I suspected
    i never liked him as a quarterback but he did improve this year but he has a lot of weapons. I love when they call him Matty Ice. This asshole was a choke artist in college. There is nothing Ice about him. Calling him ice is like calling a midget name Jim, big Jim.

Thor4140

OK, I just watched a replay and you are totally wrong. A guy ran straight to him, virtually unimpeded, and crushed him as he tried to throw. There was no blocking involved and he didn't hold the ball long at all. The guy was allowed to run straight into him.
    u talking about the fumble or the bad sacks?

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Players didnt lose it the coach did 3 mins left Atl going in at the 25 up 8 run run run fg game over
    What did they do Run-Pass (sack) Pass (pen) Pass inc loser coach hand the game in hand didnt run

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

They went from Hotlanta to Chokelanta, so many stupid mistakes that all added up. Failed fukking coaching overall

KGambler

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    u talking about the fumble or the bad sacks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLC-hdbxhf8

The fumble that set up a short field. Two guys get are allowed to get to him right away. One crushes him just as he his about to bring his arm forward. I am not even 100% sure it is a fumble.

He def choked but I just cannot blame him for this fumble. The O-line has to block a little.

KGambler

Oh, it's definitely a fumble. Guy got his hand while it was pulled back. Terrible blocking. Looks like a miscommunication, not sure Freeman knew he had to block that guy until it was too late.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Run three times, kick a FG, go home champs. Simple as that
    Exactly. I am baffled by the play call there. Even with the Pats playing well, I just don't think they could have scored twice with such little time. I feel bad for Arthur Blank. Great guy.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by deary626 View Post
    Yup, they only needed a fg. Why throw, it look so fishy all you needed was run run and FG.
    It would have been to easy to just seal it with a FG.

KGambler

The hold was a killer too.

4-33

What a choke.

1234 Last