Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Roof over your head (free rent), hanging with your homies and 3 squares a day.. Some thugs think prison is cool and a retreat and I hate that

Should be harsher punishment for lifers IMO then just jail.. I look at this way, if jail was actually a real living hell people would think twice about committing crimes more.. The word would spread jail is REALLY no place you want to be..
    Sad, but true. I ate better in jail than I do now. It's really not all that bad. I'd rather be out, but like you said some are just fine with being there. They get out, and don't mind coming back at all.

My own TV, booze, and I'd rather be in Prison.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

He missed out on winning two super bowl rings. Potentially two anyways.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Fukk him he quit

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Sad, but true. I ate better in jail than I do now. It's really not all that bad. I'd rather be out, but like you said some are just fine with being there. They get out, and don't mind coming back at all.

My own TV, booze, and I'd rather be in Prison.
    Yep... Jail is a retreat for some...

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Son’s murder left Ward ‘in dire straits’

The mother of a semi-pro football player who was murdered by disgraced former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez has fallen on hard times and may lose her home, according to her attorney who is fighting to have the former tight end pay the grieving woman for her loss.

“She is suffering significant hardship. Her son was killed three years ago and she no longer has his support and care like she always had,” said Doug Sheff, a civil attorney representing Ursula Ward in her wrongful death suit during a hearing yesterday. “Now she’s in dire straits and she’s in danger of losing her home.”

Ward’s son, Odin L. Lloyd, was murdered by Hernandez in a North Attleboro industrial lot on June 17, 2013. A jury found Hernandez guilty of first-degree murder in April 2015, and yesterday Sheff asked Superior Court Judge Renee P. Dupuis to grant summary judgment and find the former Pro Bowler responsible for Lloyd’s death so that he can begin the next step — calculating how much Ward is owed.

“With all of the attention being drawn to the criminal case involving Mr. Hernandez, it’s easy to forget the survivors of the victims, like Ms. Ward and her family,” Sheff said during a hearing at the Bristol County Superior Court in North Attleboro.

But Hernandez’s attorney said it’s too soon for Dupuis to make that call, citing the fact that the murder conviction is being appealed and the former football star has a double-murder trial set to start in March.

“A primary concern of mine is to not cause detriment to my client’s ongoing defense,” said John Fitzpatrick, Hernandez’s attorney in the wrongful death suit.

But Sheff struck back, arguing that waiting for Hernandez’s cases to wind through the criminal justice system could continue to harm Ward.

“There needs to be some finality to the process,” Sheff said. “The criminal system might go on forever with this defendant. It has to have an ending somewhere, which is why I think it’s wise to rule on this now.”

Dupuis declined to rule on the motion yesterday, opting instead to mull it over.

Sheff said Hernandez has assets that can go to Ward — including a Hummer and the North Attleboro home he returned to after executing Lloyd. Sheff added the sprawling mansion is falling into disrepair.

He was also frustrated with the amount of money Hernandez is spending on attorneys.

In addition to his lawyer for the wrongful death suit, Hernandez has also assembled a new, high-profile team of attorneys to defend him against murder charges stemming from a 2012 South End double-homicide.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

^^ I think when you murder someone and get life without parole, your assets should be immediately seized and awarded to the grieving families..

That seems like a fair deal if you ask me...

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

hes a thug and a head case

PoopChute
    PoopChute's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    The mother of a semi-pro football player who was murdered by disgraced former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez has fallen on hard times and may lose her home, according to her attorney who is fighting to have the former tight end pay the grieving woman for her loss.

“She is suffering significant hardship. Her son was killed three years ago and she no longer has his support and care like she always had,” said Doug Sheff, a civil attorney representing Ursula Ward in her wrongful death suit during a hearing yesterday. “Now she’s in dire straits and she’s in danger of losing her home.”

Ward’s son, Odin L. Lloyd, was murdered by Hernandez in a North Attleboro industrial lot on June 17, 2013. A jury found Hernandez guilty of first-degree murder in April 2015, and yesterday Sheff asked Superior Court Judge Renee P. Dupuis to grant summary judgment and find the former Pro Bowler responsible for Lloyd’s death so that he can begin the next step — calculating how much Ward is owed.

“With all of the attention being drawn to the criminal case involving Mr. Hernandez, it’s easy to forget the survivors of the victims, like Ms. Ward and her family,” Sheff said during a hearing at the Bristol County Superior Court in North Attleboro.

But Hernandez’s attorney said it’s too soon for Dupuis to make that call, citing the fact that the murder conviction is being appealed and the former football star has a double-murder trial set to start in March.

“A primary concern of mine is to not cause detriment to my client’s ongoing defense,” said John Fitzpatrick, Hernandez’s attorney in the wrongful death suit.

But Sheff struck back, arguing that waiting for Hernandez’s cases to wind through the criminal justice system could continue to harm Ward.

“There needs to be some finality to the process,” Sheff said. “The criminal system might go on forever with this defendant. It has to have an ending somewhere, which is why I think it’s wise to rule on this now.”

Dupuis declined to rule on the motion yesterday, opting instead to mull it over.

Sheff said Hernandez has assets that can go to Ward — including a Hummer and the North Attleboro home he returned to after executing Lloyd. Sheff added the sprawling mansion is falling into disrepair.

He was also frustrated with the amount of money Hernandez is spending on attorneys.

In addition to his lawyer for the wrongful death suit, Hernandez has also assembled a new, high-profile team of attorneys to defend him against murder charges stemming from a 2012 South End double-homicide.
    I'm sure the mother is willing to settle out of court for a case of purple kool-aid and a set of rims.....

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    ^^ I think when you murder someone and get life without parole, your assets should be immediately seized and awarded to the grieving families..

That seems like a fair deal if you ask me...
    What did the Goldman family get with OJ? Nothing right?

Bluehorseshoe

Aaron Hernandez tattoo artist to testify at double murder trial

Josh Reynolds for The Boston Globe

Aaron Hernandez was in Suffolk Superior Court for a pretrial hearing Dec. 27. Hernandez, who is serving a life sentence for a 2013 murder, is scheduled to go on trial in Feb 13 in the murder of two men in a 2012 drive-by shooting.
    By Travis Andersen Globe Staff January 30, 2017

The man who tattooed guns and the phrase “God Forgives” on former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez, months after Hernandez allegedly killed two men in a drive-by shooting, is scheduled to testify for prosecutors at his upcoming double murder trial.

Tattoo artist David Nelson “will testify about tattoos that [Hernandez] requested and that he gave [Hernandez] in late March/early April 2013,” Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley’s office wrote last week in a court filing.

The tattoos include a six-shot revolver with five bullets in the cylinder and one empty chamber, along with the words “God Forgives’’ written backward, so they are legible only when viewed in a mirror, according to court records.

Another tattoo depicts a semi-automatic pistol and a spent shell casing with a wisp of smoke.

Prosecutors say Hernandez, 27, fatally shot Daniel de Abreu, 29, and Safiro Furtado, 28, in Boston’s South End on July 16, 2012. He has pleaded not guilty. Jury selection is to begin in two weeks.

Prosecutors contend the tattoos amount to an admission of guilt by Hernandez, an assertion his lawyers have called “rank speculation.”

Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Locke, who will preside over the trial, wrote in a previous ruling that Hernandez’s “conduct in ordering and obtaining these tattoos could be viewed as constituting an implied admission . . . or as evidence reflecting consciousness of guilt.’’

Nelson’s name appeared in a court filing that identified 19 expert witnesses prosecutors plan to call.

Conley’s office said that Nelson, a former employee of Hermosa Ink in Hermosa, Calif, where Hernandez got the tattoos, will “testify generally about how tattoos are created and the characteristics of a new tattoo,” as well as the ones Hernandez requested.

Another expert witness from the Boston Police Department’s Latent Print Unit will testify that the Toyota 4Runner Hernandez was traveling in when he allegedly shot de Abreu and Furtado “appeared to have been thoroughly cleaned and ‘wiped down’ ” when investigators examined the SUV.

Hernandez is serving a life sentence for the 2013 slaying of Odin L. Lloyd, 27, of Dorchester. He is appealing his conviction in that case.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

has he been 'turned out' yet ?

Bluehorseshoe

This is great.....

Josh McDaniels may be Aaron Hernandez witness
    Bob McGovern Friday, February 03, 2017
    Credit: Christopher Evans
    McDANIELS: Coordinator doesn’t stand Pat when it comes to the offense.
    prev next

New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels — who will be roaming the sidelines this weekend at the Super Bowl in Houston — could find himself on a witness stand in Boston during the upcoming double-murder trial of Aaron Hernandez, according to new legal documents from the disgraced tight end’s defense team.

In a pitch to delay Hernandez’s trial three months, his defense team notes that prosecutors recently disclosed eight potential witnesses that may take the stand. Among them is McDaniels, who coached Hernandez when he was with the Patriots.

“The Commonwealth alleges the defendant sent a text message to Mr. McDaniels showing him another tattoo that he received at the same time from tattoo artist David Nelson with the letters ‘CBS/WBS/IWBTG,’” the motion, filed on Wednesday, states. “According to the Commonwealth, it expects Mr. McDaniels to testify (if called) as to the meaning of those letters.”

Ronald Sullivan, one of Hernandez’s attorneys, said the defense team has not had an opportunity to interview McDaniels. Sullivan said McDaniels is presumably “unavailable to the defense investigators because he is now preparing his team to compete in the Super Bowl.”

A spokesman for the Suffolk district attorney declined to comment on what witnesses would be called to testify, citing office policy.

The Patriots will play the Atlanta Falcons in the Super Bowl on Sunday. Hernandez’s final NFL appearance was at the AFC Championship Game on Jan. 20, 2013. McDaniels was the offensive coordinator for the Patriots that year.

Sullivan added that there are a number of other witnesses and leads to investigate before he is ready for trial. Two of those witnesses are reporters who apparently spoke to Hernandez about his tattoos.

“If the trial proceeds as scheduled, denial of this motion certainly will result in a miscarriage of justice,” he wrote. “This is a highly complex case with the most serious charge of First Degree Murder, which carries a penalty of life in prison without the possibility of parole.”

Hernandez is already serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole for the June 17, 2013, murder of Odin L. Lloyd.

Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Locke has repeatedly pushed back at efforts to delay the trial. Jury selection is slated to begin on Feb. 13, but jurors will not be sworn in until March 1 — a concession Locke recently made for Hernandez’s defense team.

Suffolk prosecutors and Hernandez’s defense team will be in court today for a pretrial hearing.

First 12