DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

PATRIOT/FALCON Super Bowl Thread. Discussion and Analysis. **NO TROLLS**

Yes, I am a New England Patriot homer and lifelong fan.

Yes, I am exhausted with all the haters and trolls of my beloved team.

I realize being on top, for better than a decade in a sport with rabid fans coast to coast all wanting, hoping to knock them off is a bitter pill to swallow.

I have great respect for Pitt and Seattle...along with a dose of fear. I didn`t take NE laying 6 today.
    Felt it was going to be a dogfight. All my bets are ML and teased overs. Gun to my head, I might have taken Pitt +6, especially with no Gronk.

I truly hope this thread can be full of positive posts, shared ideas along with a winning betting strategy or two.

Hopefully we can table all the past crap Patriot haters love to inject into threads time after time,
    game after game and hopefully, trophy after trophy.
    You know who you are. Go make your own thread.

As soon as I can get down, I am teasing the over and the Pats. Not all-in or huge $$$, but enough to make it interesting for me.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

I want your thoughts on the game. Are the falcons going to beat you in that stadium?

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20121

Not a huge Pats fan, but I would love it if Goodell had to hand the SB MVP trophy to a guy he suspended for the first four weeks. I'm rooting for him and the Pats.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

wait to hear from Trump.
    maybe he will be the first President
    to ever attend a Superbowl.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20250

I don't see how Pats lose.

Brady > Ryan
    Belichick > Quinn
    NE Defense > ATL Defense

Only thing that worries me is public almost always gets SB wrong. Haven't they been wrong like the last 5 SB's? Public is going to be all over the Pats. Maybe vegas wins this one for Ryan.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

I'm taking the over as soon as I can.

pokerdevil
    pokerdevil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

Books begging you to take New England if this stays at -3 -105 / +3 -115... no idea what to make of that though

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I want your thoughts on the game. Are the falcons going to beat you in that stadium?
    Last time Pats were in a SB in Houston, I was there. Actually, only time I got to a SB.
    Not the greatest of games, late FG to win.

I think Belichick and his staff will have a great game plan. I think the only game plan against the PATS is to get to Brady and then keep getting to Brady. You think Pitt saw Hogan turning into Jerry Rice?

If the line is 3, I will teas them across the 0 to +4 along with the over. Square much??
    No matter what the line is, I will be either taking Pats ML or teasing them with the over.

I think Atlanta has more playmakers at the skilled positions. NO fukkin` way NE keeps their offense down like they did to Pitt.
    I agree with a comment you made about RYAN being a SB virgin. He is bound to show some nerves, especially in the 1H.

Honestly, I am thrilled they are going back to the BIG DANCE. If they win it, their run will be undeniably epic.
    BB, record 7 SBs. With a win, would also hold the record solo.

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post

Brady > Ryan
    Belichick > Quinn
    NE Defense > ATL Defense

Only thing that worries me is public almost always gets SB wrong. Haven't they been wrong like the last 5 SB's? Public is going to be all over the Pats. Maybe vegas wins this one for Ryan.
    ATL will have to be in Brady`s face and knock him on his ass.
    ATL O-line will have to keep a nice, cozy pocket for Ryan
    That is how the Falcons win this thing.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Atlanta has the MVP QB and the best WR in the game, and has the better offense by far.

New England has the best coach of all time. And storyline says Brady gets his 5th SB and rides into retirement as the greatest QB ever, as commish hands the trophy over to the guy he suspended for 4 games this season.

CHOICE
    CHOICE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Atlanta has the MVP QB and the best WR in the game, and has the better offense by far.

New England has the best coach of all time. And storyline says Brady gets his 5th SB and rides into retirement as the greatest QB ever, as commish hands the trophy over to the guy he suspended for 4 games this season.
    Why would Brady retire? He shows no signs of slowing down.

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by CHOICE View Post
    Why would Brady retire? He shows no signs of slowing down.
    He won`t. He wants at least 3 more years. He will have to get injured or less likely benched for Jimmy Garapolo.
    Will be 40 next year. Would hate to see him on another team, ala Favre/Montana.

If Belichick thinks Jimmy G. gives them a better chance to win, it might happen. I don`t see Brady staying with the Pats on clip board duty.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20250

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post

Belichick is going to take Julio away. It's what the Pats do, they take away the opposing teams #1 option. On a good note, Ryan is great at spreading the ball around.

And the MVP is not a slam dunk for Ryan, I think it's pretty even between him and Brady. Either way, there is no way you can say Ryan is better than Brady. At least not on this stage. I agree Falcons offense is more explosive. But if I had to bet on a defense to slow the other offense down, give me the NE defense. You also can't ignore the experience factor plus the coaching edge.

On paper, I don't see how NE loses. But didn't everyone say this same thing last year with Carolina? A couple years ago with Denver? A few years ago with SF over Baltimore?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Here's the main focus on the ATL NE match up.

All Atlanta has to do is sack Brady just once on 1st and 10 or 2nd and 10... and Brady won't be able to pick up the first down. It will screw up any scoring drive. Remember... Rodgers has great mobility.... Brady doesn't. I think New England is in deep sh#$.

So if you believe New England will be able to protect Brady the entire game... take New England.

If you believe Atlanta will get to Brady nearly every play... take Atlanta.

New England's D won't be able to stop Atlanta's offense. Shanahan's play calling is too good.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Brady < Ryan
    Belichick > Quinn
    NE Defense < ATL Defense
    Fixed. Falcons roll. 49-34. Matty Ice gets the MVP. Julio Jones scores 2 TD's. Brady can't keep up, breaks a hip. Belichick faints from wearing a hoodie too much in Texas. Arthur Blank dances. Jamal Anderson quits his job as a janitor at the arena to go on the field and do the Dirty Bird with the Falcons.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post

I realize being on top, for better than a decade in a sport with rabid fans coast to coast all wanting, hoping to knock them off is a bitter pill to swallow.

I have great respect for Pitt and Seattle...along with a dose of fear. I didn`t take NE laying 6 today.
    Felt it was going to be a dogfight. All my bets are ML and teased overs. Gun to my head, I might have taken Pitt +6, especially with no Gronk.

I truly hope this thread can be full of positive posts, shared ideas along with a winning betting strategy or two.

Hopefully we can table all the past crap Patriot haters love to inject into threads time after time,

As soon as I can get down, I am teasing the over and the Pats. Not all-in or huge $$$, but enough to make it interesting for me.
    pretty easy to beat a team that was standing in the street all night freezing in their pajamas.
    another CHEAT-win for Belichik******

*****(cheater)

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25232

Falcons ML

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    wait to hear from Trump.
    maybe he will be the first President
    to ever attend a Superbowl.
    Wow, that's crazy that not one president has attended the SB. Interesting stat.

Oh, and someone will FINALLY double Julio! Pats win by 6. 34-28
    Last edited by Calgunner23; 01-22-17 at 10:14 PM.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Falcons ML
    funnyb gets it. Sharp.

Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

Over seems safest play. Time will tell what team to pick. Just do the opposite of what Joe Public thinks
    Last edited by Jakenv21; 01-22-17 at 10:19 PM. Reason: typo

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

Speaking of the "Dirty Bird", Jamal exposed his penis at a gas station! LOL news to me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8kelreHp-bA

DOM-Ganador

[QUOTE=Ratzz;26731700]pretty easy to beat a team that was standing in the street all night freezing in their pajamas.
    another CHEAT-win for Belichik******

OK,Ratzz. Thanks for checking in .Plenty of other threads to spread/share your vitriol. If you have any insight or thoughts on the game, please join us.

JassieJames
    JassieJames's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

Stopped reading after the first sentence. Basically a useless thread.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Game is a complete toss up...Pats aren't stopping the Falcons and Falcons aren't stopping the Pats

Julio can't be taken away either..he's just too much of a freak.

ATL also plays man to man and can rush the passer a little which is what ou need to atleast have a fighting chance to slow down New Englands offense

I'll be betting Falcons straight up but wouldn't be surprised at all with either team winning. Both deserve to be there

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by JassieJames View Post
    Stopped reading after the first sentence. Basically a useless thread.

Thanks for your thoughtful input and good luck with any wagers you place on the game.

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Game is a complete toss up...Pats aren't stopping the Falcons and Falcons aren't stopping the Pats

ATL also plays man to man and can rush the passer a little which is what ou need to atleast have a fighting chance to slow down New Englands offense

I'll be betting Falcons straight up but wouldn't be surprised at all with either team winning. Both deserve to be there
    I agree Dawg. Anyone spouting lock/easy on any SB is a moron. If my team isn`t playing, IDK what I would do.
    Probably some props and smallish bets for the fun of it.
    But, having a winning ticket on your team in the SB is really cool.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I agree Dawg. Anyone spouting lock/easy on any SB is a moron. If my team isn`t playing, IDK what I would do.
    Probably some props and smallish bets for the fun of it.
    But, having a winning ticket on your team in the SB is really cool.
    I hate the Pats so will take Falcons ML just because I think they're a toss up and will be rooting for them anyway so fukk it

Falcons kinda low key dominant this season and everyone got to see how good they can be the past 2 weeks

Should be a great game

DOM-Ganador

I hate the Pats so will take Falcons ML just because I think they're a toss up and will be rooting for them anyway so fukk it

Falcons kinda low key dominant this season and everyone got to see how good they can be the past 2 weeks

Should be a great game

Why do you hate the PATS? Brady? Beating your team? Why man?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Yeah, those passes that Big Ben laid out tonight are probably caught by the Falcons. They can get pressure on Brady with 4, as well. It is completely a toss up though. Can Ryan handle the big stage?

I'm looking at the trenches. Who can protect the QB better? And who can apply more pressure on D? Tom Brady should be able to get the ball out quick. Ryan is agile as well, though. It's gonna be a good one. I don't know enough about the Atlanta secondary. Pitt had success on the boundaries, and with crossing routes against NE. The Pats didn't want to give up big plays though, but they were there. I'm really starting to lean Atlanta as I dissect every phase of the game.

Need to know more about their OLine, and secondary though.
    Last edited by Cuse0323; 01-22-17 at 10:56 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Why do you hate the PATS? Brady? Beating your team? Why man?
    Jets fan...natural rivalry

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Brady > Ryan
    Belichick > Quinn
    NE Defense > ATL Defense

Agree with everything

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Yeah, those passes that Big Ben laid out tonight are probably caught by the Falcons. They can get pressure on Brady with 4, as well. It is completely a toss up though. Can Ryan handle the big stage?

I'm looking at the trenches. Who can protect the QB better? And who can apply more pressure on D? Tom Brady should be able to get the ball out quick. Ryan is agile as well, though. It's gonna be a good one. I don't know enough about the Atlanta secondary. Pitt had success on the boundaries, and with crossing routes against NE. They didn't want to give up big plays. I'm really starting to lead Atlanta as I dissect every phase of the game.
    W/out my bias, I would be looking long and hard @ ATL. Roster is better.
    Can`t imagine either team really separating. Have to give Belichick an edge.
    Will be watching line closely. 1/2 point either way will bring heavy action I would think.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

W/out my bias, I would be looking long and hard @ ATL. Roster is better.
    Can`t imagine either team really separating. Have to give Belichick an edge.
    Will be watching line closely. 1/2 point either way will bring heavy action I would think.
    If it wasn't for Belichick, and the experience of Brady and others then I'd be all over Atlanta. But, it's important to be there before. Quinn has been, which helps.

DOM-Ganador

Jets fan...natural rivalry
    I get it. Boston/N.E. area full of Giant and Jet fans. especially some old guys who didn`t have the Pats.
    My Dad liked the Giants until about the mid-eighties when he switched alliances.
    Boy, I hope you aren`t a Knick fan as well. The are a shitstorm with no umbrella.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

I get it. Boston/N.E. area full of Giant and Jet fans. especially some old guys who didn`t have the Pats.
    My Dad liked the Giants until about the mid-eighties when he switched alliances.
    Boy, I hope you aren`t a Knick fan as well. The are a shitstorm with no umbrella.
    No Nets fan even worse lol...Yankees and Devils have been good to me over the years though

Boston/NY rivalry is funny we all hate each other and the rest of the country hates us all

1234 Last