BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Is Green Bay-Atlanta Over 60 a Gift?

With the two best QB's in the league playing indoors against teams with average defenses at best, these two teams may cover that line in the first half.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

C'mon now. Def not a gift. I think Atlanta may run a little more to slow down GB. GB may throw it 80% of the time though. The key will be the redzone. Settle for a few fgs and it goes under

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Under

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

60 is not a lock in any NFL game.
    Break it down, on the average each offense gets about 12 possessions a game.
    Let's say each team kicks two FG's each, that's 12 points. You still need 7 TD's with extra points to make 61, and extra points are not a given any more.

That's 11 possession with scores out of 24.
    Do you think there will be a score on every other possesion? If so, bet the over, under for me or pass, you need a lot to reach 60 in any NFL game.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

65 earlier this year and green bays offense is better now and their defense is probably worse then when they played earlier.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

I don't know that you can ever really call Over 60 in an NFL game a "gift."

Could it exceed that total? Absolutely, but it's not like you, the bettor, have some overwhelming edge with a number like that. Any red-zone turnover, or some new defensive wrinkle that takes the opposing offense(s) a couple of drives to figure out, and you're really behind the chains.

I thought the real gift was the 51.5 opening number on the Cowboys/Packers total this past Sunday. The fact that the Packers and Falcons soared over the totals in their respective games obviously caused the linesmakers to make an adjustment for this week's tilt and there's not a lot of meat left on the bone at the current number.

offguard
    offguard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1199

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    With the two best QB's in the league playing indoors against teams with average defenses at best, these two teams may cover that line in the first half.
    Nice call Bigdaddy, I almost conceded in the 3rd, but you were rite again ) amazing with the packers misfortune.