The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Football is Hard to Watch These Days

The game is nearly unwatchable

First problem: Commercials. Way to fukking often. Kickoff, commercial, 3 and out, punt, commercial, Score a TD, commercial, extra point, commercial, kickoff commercial, etc... I would love to see a breakdown of how much time we spend watching the actual game vs. non game stuff

Second problem: Officiating. Guy makes a diving 40 yard TD catch, spins the ball on the ground and pumps his fist as a celebration, flag gets thrown for unsportsmanlike conduct. What the fukk is wrong with these zebras? This goes for NFL and NCAA, anything more than handing the ball to the ref and running to your sideline is now a flag. Fukking snooze fest.

Third Problem: Officiating. Hnreal, they're so bad they get two out of the three problem paragraphs. They've taken the essence out of the game. Guy gets tackled too hard, penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. Guy is running down the sidelines, steps out of bounds with one foot (barely) and the safety tackles him almost simultaneously, penalty for late hit. QB runs and slides late when a LB is already in the motion of tackling but doesnt matter because you cant touch QB's anymore, penalty.

What a shitty product

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

I use the mute button during commercials.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22146

I totally agree. These bowl games in particular were terrible. The so called shit games were better than these marquee games

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Guess you guys didn't watch the Rose Bowl if you think the games sucked.

The refs really do suck and the reason is simple. They're too old. They can't run up and down the field with these athletes, never taking a play off, and think clearly at the same time. Put the old pricks out to pasture--and I'm including Ed Hercules, and Tony Corrente, and that black dude with the lisp. If you have grey hair you're fired! Give 'em all their walking papers and bring in guys in their mid-30s.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18961

After this bowl game action - back to basketball, I guess - but, man, I am worn out after this much football.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

First time I've ever said to someone that I'm bored with Football. The Rose Bowl was great, but watching the Sugar Bowl I had to turn to someone and say I'm bored with gambling. Football used to be great, but damn is it getting ruined. Ridiculous flags, commercials, reviews, etc. All which you touched on. It is getting difficult to watch.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

First problem: Commercials. Way to fukking often. Kickoff, commercial, 3 and out, punt, commercial, Score a TD, commercial, extra point, commercial, kickoff commercial, etc... I would love to see a breakdown of how much time we spend watching the actual game vs. non game stuff

Second problem: Officiating. Guy makes a diving 40 yard TD catch, spins the ball on the ground and pumps his fist as a celebration, flag gets thrown for unsportsmanlike conduct. What the fukk is wrong with these zebras? This goes for NFL and NCAA, anything more than handing the ball to the ref and running to your sideline is now a flag. Fukking snooze fest.

Third Problem: Officiating. Hnreal, they're so bad they get two out of the three problem paragraphs. They've taken the essence out of the game. Guy gets tackled too hard, penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. Guy is running down the sidelines, steps out of bounds with one foot (barely) and the safety tackles him almost simultaneously, penalty for late hit. QB runs and slides late when a LB is already in the motion of tackling but doesnt matter because you cant touch QB's anymore, penalty.

What a shitty product
    It's only about 11 minutes of action per game. The rest is replays, sidelines shots and commercials. I read a breakdown recently, but found this from the Wall Street Journal from 2010 and has more detailed breakdowns.

"According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers, the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.

In other words, if you tally up everything that happens between the time the ball is snapped and the play is whistled dead by the officials..."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB100014...02852055561406

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

I hear you about the Commercials,theirs far to many.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Would be great to do it like soccer. Commercials only at halftime. Could do them at quarters and 2min warnings also.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00, and aston

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

yeah noticed old refs in the tcu vs north texas game,
    the nfl playoffs may bring some excitement into the game
    maybe giants can win again

xdodger19

wed 1 am est

Nishikori/Thiem 87 win 104 atp doubles

xdodger19

sorry bout that accidental post there

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What a shitty product

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19224

Agree with Kraken

After a summer of watching baseball where the umpires rarely impact outcomes-tought to get use to watching how referees impact games in football.

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11837

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    Would be great to do it like soccer. Commercials only at halftime. Could do them at quarters and 2min warnings also.
    The two min warning is the biggest joke of all. It is literally there just for more commercials. Do the players and coaches really need to be warned that there is only 2 minutes left? I think theyre aware

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    First time I've ever said to someone that I'm bored with Football. The Rose Bowl was great, but watching the Sugar Bowl I had to turn to someone and say I'm bored with gambling. Football used to be great, but damn is it getting ruined. Ridiculous flags, commercials, reviews, etc. All which you touched on. It is getting difficult to watch.
    I thought green bay vs detroit was a great game. Id think you were on auburn or under in sugar bowl. I was on sooners amd had a hella nite. How can you be bored winning a unit or two and having the bankroll grow?

blap10
    blap10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1449

The commercial breaks are getting ridiculous anymore.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

Sports are hard to watch.

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Sports are hard to watch.
    Unless you're gambling

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Think u make points...call in product unwatchable?? Ne..pitts..dallas..gb..giants...seems exciting to me. Rogers n Brady great qbs

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Agreed. This year stood out the most, Sunday's are far less enjoyable. Product isn't the same, game isn't the same.

I actually look forward to handicapping weekday NHL/NBA games, far more consistent, quicker, less stress/line fighting, dealing with X factors, etc.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by rizespor View Post
    Unless you're gambling

Imagine if we weren't.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

NFL has some problems. Teams need two byes. Get rid of Thursday games or give teams a bye before them. Stop playing games all over the globe. You'll kick a guy out of the game and fine them 20k for targeting...which everyone seems to have a different interpretation of...but you don't mind if players travel 5000 miles to play 3 road games in 15 days.

Officials, not sure what you do. There's more eyes on them now to critize every move. It's a tough job. Most of these officials are older and I believe the game moves too fast for them now. Use to be teams would run about 50 plays a game, most of them runs and they'd huddle between plays. Now with bigger faster players it's go go go no huddle tons of passing, substitutions and moving parts. These officials just can keep up

Fatal1ty
    Fatal1ty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

Explains why the NFL is getting taken to the woodshed in ratings. People have just been watching the highlight clips on YouTube. I personally only watch the RedZone channel. Who gives a f\*\*k about shitty ass drives and slow boring games decided by a 68 yd "pass interference" penalty called by Mr Magoo.
    Playoffs hopefully will be worth it.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20145

Agree. Thank god for the Red Zone Channel.

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

I love red zone too

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Who wants to watch a college game where 100 points are scored what a fukin joke as well...NFL playoffs will be far more commercials

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Product declining

Quarterbacks terrible

Only 3 good qbs Brady Rodgers and Luck maybe brees and roethlisberger too. All others GARBAGE

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Basketball a far more exciting product in my opinion. My enthusiasm for football peaks in the two weeks before the CFB season starts and three weeks later I remember that the game is kinda stale.

Went to the Holiday bowl. It was a friendly reminder that football can be boring as hell to watch sometimes.

pilebuck13

Basketball has gone overboard with the play calling as well baseball in my opinion find it boring or not is the only good product out there

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Basketball has gone overboard with the play calling as well baseball in my opinion find it boring or not is the only good product out there
    Playoff baseball is an unreal product lately, though this might be my Jays fandom talking.

What do you mean by play calling? The officiating?

If so, I agree, its a little much but I find it doesn't really have that much of an impact on the games these days, save for that bullshit in Raps/Kings where they started the clock late and overturned T.Ross' buzzer beater inexplicably.

pilebuck13

Yah mo or when a game is on pace to go over and a favorite to cover and the fourth quarter they score 18 points and the opponent scores and covers by 2 and the closing over under misses by .5

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

What a shitty product
    you sound more like an woman each day

I can't believe you didn't throw in anything about male violence and domestic abuse in the league.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Yah mo or when a game is on pace to go over and a favorite to cover and the fourth quarter they score 18 points and the opponent scores and covers by 2 and the closing over under misses by .5
    Refs always on the under these days.

I generally don't watch most of the games I bet on these days. It's usually obscure college hoops.

NBA the only league I watch with regularity. I feel like the association has been good watching this year.

Hockey not a bad product either but I don't really like the sport as a whole so I don't watch much.

That centennial classic fuccked my girlfriend over at work.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    you sound more like an woman each day

I can't believe you didn't throw in anything about male violence and domestic abuse in the league.
    Brooker, stick to the politics sub, please.

Player's talk is usually about sports or sandwiches or adventures.

I don't think you post much about any of those things.

12 Last