Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Rex Ryan Fired

This statement by Bills owner Terry Pegula was published by the team Tuesday afternoon, shortly
    after it announced coach Rex Ryan had been fired:

"I spoke with Rex earlier today and we mutually agreed that the time to part ways is now. These decisions are never easy. I want to take this opportunity to thank Rex for all his efforts and wish him all the best moving forward.

"Kim and I and our entire Bills organization share in the same disappointment and frustration as our fans, but we remain committed to our goal of bringing a championship to Western New York.

"Anthony Lynn will serve as our interim head coach to lead us through the Jets game."

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/27/st...ime=1482875933

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

cant win without a QB which they do not have and barely have any receivers either

he is overrated tho

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Terrible coach. Does he get another shot as hc?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Fuk him.

He quit.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Ryan's ultimate downfall was his defense. He said in his introductory press conference that having the NFL's fourth-ranked defense in 2014 was "probably a little disappointing, to be honest with you, because that’s not where my expectations are. I know we’ll lead the league in defense."

Instead, the defense went backward under Ryan. His run defense was especially poor this season, allowing three separate 200-yard individual rushing performances, which only two other teams in NFL history had done before.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/27/bi...ime=1482875860

His brother, Rob, ran it. Enough said.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Ryan still has three years left on a five-year deal worth $5.5 million per season, an indication of just how badly the Bills’ owners, Terry and Kim Pegula, wished to be rid of the boisterous Ryan. The dismissal had been rumored for more than a week, though the Bills had been expected to wait until the so-called black Monday, the day after the regular season ends, to pull the trigger.

Instead, Ryan, 54, was dumped sooner than later, along with his brother, the defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, after a particularly demoralizing 34-31 overtime loss to the Dolphins on Saturday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/27/sp...ryan.html?_r=0

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Are the NFL owners really going to continue to employ this loser??? For his stupidity the Bills owner deserves it for giving Ryan that many years. Three year contracts should be the most especially for coaching. When will they wake up???

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Both brothers are losers

They talk a good game

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

When nepotism goes wrong...........Rex would probably still have a job if he had let his loser brother stay unemployed. The job with the Saints should have ended ALL Rob Ryan attempts as being even seen as a defensive genius. I'm glad the Bills let Rex know why they were firing him. You and your brother must go, and we don't trust him enough NOT to Ellrod us in the last game. Bad news brothers.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Both brothers are losers

They talk a good game

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

okay , where is the meme of them in a barrel thrown over niagara

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

I wonder if he would still be there had his brother not been brought on after being let go from NO.

Auto Donk

oh, wait, you said "Niagra"
    Points Awarded:

triplecrown333 gave Auto Donk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Are the NFL owners really going to continue to employ this loser??? For his stupidity the Bills owner deserves it for giving Ryan that many years. Three year contracts should be the most especially for coaching. When will they wake up???
    He's done his time in the NFL. Rex is going straight to the analyst/announcers booth ... soon you might be wishing that NFL owners still employed that loser.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26259

I am sure someone will hire Rex Ryan

Auto Donk

I'll hire his brother just to run around my next house party, from room to room, doin' nothing but this:

with that type of motivation, I'll go all night!!!!

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    I wonder if he would still be there had his brother not been brought on after being let go from NO.
    He may have coached the last game and next year if he had left his brother on the out to pasture defensive coordinator trash heap and landfill

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

Someone will hire him as a Def coordinator

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

the nfl should be done with these guys

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Rex was never really anything special as a DC either. Had legendary players to work with on the ravens. He also lost them the game against the pats in their undefeated season

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Ryan is the ultimate con man, but it's amazing NFL owners can be this dumb. Off his Jets resume, to give him 5 years? The 2 games the Bills played the Jets under Marrone they beat Ryan a combined 81-26. Rex laughing all the way to the bank, but his head coaching days are over. He'll con someone into a DC job.

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

He didn't have a complete team in Buffalo. I've had many laughs at the preseason buzz surrounding the Bills the last few years touting them as a playoff team, and a Super Bowl caliber squad.

NFL is a league with a lot of dumb owners and coaches, and even dumber analysts.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Rex made the same mistake Mangini did when the Jets fired him. Jump at the first bad job offered, no QB, lousy owners, tough division. Not many guys get 3 chances as a HC, you have to make the second one count. Rex could have sat out a year and had a better job. To take the Bills job with no QB in the same division with Brady was career suicide, but he got lots of cash to look foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post
    He didn't have a complete team in Buffalo. I've had many laughs at the preseason buzz surrounding the Bills the last few years touting them as a playoff team, and a Super Bowl caliber squad.

NFL is a league with a lot of dumb owners and coaches, and even dumber analysts.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Pegula says he’s disappointed in having to change coaches after only two years, but says he had no other choice to fire Ryan after the Bills defense showed few signs of progress during the season.

“None of us are happy with the season,” Pegula said during a 17-minute phone interview with The AP on Monday.

Pegula said Ryan asked to speak to the owner privately. Pegula said Ryan then directly asked him about his future beyond this season.

Pegula said he had no choice but to set things straight with Ryan.

“I was asked a point-blank question and based on the discussions we’ve been having all year, I felt it was better to tell Rex that we were going in a different direction,” Pegula said.

Ryan recommended Lynn to take over as interim coach for Buffalo’s final game.

Though Pegula was going to wait to evaluate Ryan’s job after the season, he said he probably would’ve come to the same conclusion now as he did a week ago.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...Sports+Twitter

shockey43
    shockey43's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3085

I'd personally love to grab a beer or three with the guy but would never want him as my head coach

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

The NFL loves to recycle bad head coaches.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

He will win at Santa Clara 49ers