Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Tom Savage Starting On Sunday

Quarterback Tom Savage will start his second consecutive game Sunday against the Tennessee Titans.

Texans coach Bill O'Brien said Monday that he was impressed with how Savage performed in the second half during a 12-10 win over the Cincinnati Bengals that clinched the AFC South division title.

A former fourth-round draft pick from Pitt, Savage replaced $72 million quarterback experiment Brock Osweiler during a comeback win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Through two games, Savage has completed 41 of 65 passes for 436 yards, no touchdowns and no interceptions for an 82.6 passer rating.

Savage played solidly against the Bengals despite breakdowns in pass protection as he was sacked four times and hit 10 times.

"He played better in the second half," O'Brien said.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/a...s-10819520.php

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Texans coach Bill O'Brien acknowledged the importance of making intelligent decisions about how to approach a regular-season finale against the Tennessee Titans that holds no significance in terms of playoff seeding.
    The 9-6 Texans are already the AFC South champions for the second year in a row, and their status as the fourth seed won't change regardless of the outcome.
    Might the Texans rest certain injured players such as running back Lamar Miller, older players like nose tackle Vince Wilfork or key starters?
    "I think anytime you line up, you play to win," O'Brien said. "I think that's what we're all about here with the Houston Texans. I think it's important to win anytime you play, in this case on Sunday. We'll be smart about it, we're going to go out there and do everything we can against a difficult opponent. We're going to go out there and play to win the game.
    "We're playing to win. We're not even talking about that. We've got a chance to win 10 games. I don't know how many double-digit win seasons the Texans have had, but I think that's important. I think every win counts. I don't really care. I think anytime you line up in this league, it's out of respect for the National Football League, you play to win. We're going to do our best to try to win."

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/a...t-10819549.php