The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

What's the story here?

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

Anyone know if the shooter is ex military by any chance?

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Calgunner23 View Post
    Read where he got some type of education/training at the Naval tech center in NO but not active duty as far as I have heard. He owns a small telecommunication company or something.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    Read where he got some type of education/training at the Naval tech center in NO but not active duty as far as I have heard. He owns a small telecommunication company or something.
    Correction. He works for, not owns.

Calgunner23
    Things that go BANG mostly.
    Calgunner23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3270

The Jets organization will be paying for Joe's funeral. Stand up organization.

My buddy just told me a lot of players are reaching out to start a fund for an attorney and his child, Jayden.
    Last edited by Calgunner23; 12-02-16 at 05:07 PM.

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post

perp doesn't look like he's in his 50's at all.... late twenties maybe..... if that's him on the ground next to the car.... young 54, for sure

just goes to show you that you better be careful in road rage scenarios..... never know what the other guy might be packin'.....

as for charges, if this wasn't a former nfl player, perp might walk on self defense, depending on what happened in the incident.....

a guy in austin walked after shooting an unarmed man who confronted him in a road rage incident.... guy was bigger than the shooter, and had begun kicking the shooters ass, so shooter shot him during the ass-beating.....

ruled self-defense, which -- at least in texas -- does not require the other person to be armed.....

pretty sure this guy gets charged for killing McKnight.... no report of there even being a physical altercation prior to the shooter shooting him....
    Of course every states laws vary... but the other guy does not need to be armed for successful self defense situation. All you need to do is convince the DA (or jury) that you felt your life or others were in danger. If you can successfully convince that, you can shoot any kill anybody.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Fuking Trump supporter is embolden now and think he is going to get away with executing someone.
    Gasser voted for Hillary, in case your interested.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

I doubt guys like Gasser care who the president is when they're rolling around in their car, armed to the teeth.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Gunman had to overreact

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

shooter wasn't acting black so he got to go home
    Points Awarded:

Jayvegas420 gave manny24 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

calvin34242
    Update your status
    calvin34242's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

i love how the media and everybody always over acts to these things and thinks they know what happened when they don't even know the facts, i remember the mike brown thing in st louis, all the media said he had his hands up the cop murdered him, turned out mike brown was a thug who had just robbed a store, people need to stop rushing to judgement on these cases it will all play out, maybe the guy feared for his life, maybe joe mcknight was coming at him

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by Calgunner23 View Post
    He had a prior arrest in a road rage incident.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...sser/94843376/

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    New Orleans pit of the world

GHETTO BLACKS RUINED IT
    But a white guy shot him. Your unnecessary racism has gotten out of hand. This site has clearly gone to shit, because losers like you need to be banned.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    He had a prior arrest in a road rage incident.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...sser/94843376/
    if this really was just over road rage and nothing else then shooter is insane imo

jjgold

It must of been self defense

No way he is free otherwise

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It must of been self defense

No way he is free otherwise
    Don't worry, that's the same way America feels. If a white person did something wrong, there must be some sort of explanation like self defense, or he was mentally ill lol

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    I doubt guys like Gasser care who the president is when they're rolling around in their car, armed to the teeth.
    you may be wrong, Jay, as I was thinking about who the president is when I made my "SBR Bash Video Messge to JJ".....
    Points Awarded:

Jayvegas420 gave Auto Donk 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

johnnyvegas13

mcnight and the shooter had to of known each other before shooting

no way u shoot a stranger over " road rage "

jjgold

more to this story

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post

That's why they call it road rage, 5 his isn't the first time someone killed another person because of a traffic accident.

Auto Donk

if this really was just over road rage and nothing else then shooter is insane imo
    maybe not, self defense can come into play in a road rage situation easily, and certainly had some application here..... mcknight chases him aggressively for several miles, finally "trapping" him at an intersection.

then mcknight jumps out of his car and comes to beat the shit out of the guy.... a middle aged punk with a gun....

as mcknight, a stud former nfl player with strong slave genes, would have indeed beat the shit out of him, possibly to the point of death, maybe the cracker was justified in shooting him as he truly "feared for his life" when the menacing black man approached his car and tried to pull him out of it.....

when a guy shot at me at near pt blank range (long story), he just wanted to kill a guy, but certainly would have claimed self defense, as I was running at him to kick his ass for keying my SUV I owned at the time.....

Auto Donk

not true, happens all the time in texas; total strangers get way out of line with each other, and if one of them has a gun and is pussy enough to use it, some one might very well get shot

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    That's why they call it road rage, 5 his isn't the first time someone killed another person because of a traffic accident.
    haha... very true, they sure as hell don't call it "road kumbaya session" or "road evening tea"

Auto Donk

well this is interesting, apparently the killer had a history of whipping ass at this very intersection:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-intersection/

The man who shot and killed former NFL player Joe McKnight over an apparent traffic incident had previously been cited for battery over a confrontation at the very same intersection where he killed McKnight.
    The New Orleans Advocate reports that Ronald Gasser, who admits he shot and killed McKnight on Thursday, was issued a misdemeanor summons for simple battery in 2006, after another motorist called 911 and reported that Gasser had followed him to a gas station and punched him over a traffic dispute. That dispute took place at Holmes Boulevard and Behrman Highway in the New Orleans suburb of Terrytown, the very same intersection where Gasser shot McKnight.
    In the 2006 incident, police say the victim had first called a phone number on a pickup truck to report that the truck was being driven unsafely. It turned out that Gasser was the one driving the truck, and the phone number listed on the truck was Gasser’s cell phone. Gasser answered the call for unsafe driving, berated the caller, figured out which nearby car the call was coming from, and followed the man.
    Gasser’s misdemeanor battery summons was later dismissed for reasons that the Sheriff’s Office now says are unclear.
    After Gasser killed McKnight on Thursday, he stayed at the scene, acknowledged to police that he had committed the shooting, and gave officers the gun. Although Gasser was initially brought to a police station, he was released without charges. Gasser claims he shot McKnight in self defense, and Louisiana law allows people to shoot to kill if they believe they are being threatened.

Auto Donk

wow... no reading mcknight was standing at the passenger's side window.....

autopsy reveals bullets hit high and exited low, indicated mcknight leaning into an open passenger's window to kick some ass.....

The autopsy found three bullet wounds on McKnight’s body, Cvitanovich said.
    The first bullet grazed the knuckle of the third finger and exited through the index finger. The second entered his right shoulder and then punctured his right lung, lodging in his chest. The third bullet entered his chest just below his right nipple, passed through his liver and exited through his right lower back.

if he's outside the passenger window and not leaning in trying to grab gasser, hard for gasser to reasonably believe his life was in danger.....

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Don't worry, that's the same way America feels. If a white person did something wrong, there must be some sort of explanation like self defense, or he was mentally ill lol
    Ravens you kill me

Bitching up a storm over a racist comment towards a black person but then firing away against whites 4 posts later. Oh that's right though, it's BLM so it's only okay if your black and a racist. Sorry carry on

johnnyvegas13

not true, happens all the time in texas; total strangers get way out of line with each other, and if one of them has a gun and is pussy enough to use it, some one might very well get shot
    true

ive also herd cars get shot at in washington dc area all the time

but its just that cars getting shot at

this seems way mroe personal

said a witness “saw a man at the intersection yelling at McKnight, who was trying to apologize.” The witness also told the Times-Picayune that Gasser stood over McKnight and shot him.

Auto Donk

funny shit, this gasser guy.... in his 2006 road rage incident at the same intersection, he really had the set up.... drive like a wild man in your company truck, with a "report bad driving at this phone number" on the truck, which is the same no. as his cell number....

you call into report him, he asks what you're driving, then proceeds to atttack your ass.....

I can't quit laffing at the hilarity of that situation.... I may try it myself on my personal vehicle....

In the 2006 incident, police say the victim had first called a phone number on a pickup truck to report that the truck was being driven unsafely. It turned out that Gasser was the one driving the truck, and the phone number listed on the truck was Gasser’s cell phone. Gasser answered the call for unsafe driving, berated the caller, figured out which nearby car the call was coming from, and followed the man.
    Gasser’s misdemeanor battery summons was later dismissed for reasons that the Sheriff’s Office now says are unclear.
    After Gasser killed McKnight on Thursday, he stayed at the scene, acknowledged to police that he had committed the shooting, and gave officers the gun. Although Gasser was initially brought to a police station, he was released without charges. Gasser claims he shot McKnight in self defense, and Louisiana law allows people to shoot to kill if they believe they are being threatened.
    Share this:

unde0087
    Did we win?

Gasser needs to be arrested and sent away. I don't care what the law is, if McKnight didn't have a gun then his life wasn't in jeopardy. That is just a cop out for him losing control yet again in a traffic situation. He obviously is not right in the head. No yelling match on the side of the road should ever end in someone getting shot. What a coward

jjgold

I'm sure Mcnight was a good guy but again could've been avoided without the rage

Auto Donk

true

ive also herd cars get shot at in washington dc area all the time

but its just that cars getting shot at

this seems way mroe personal

said a witness “saw a man at the intersection yelling at McKnight, who was trying to apologize.” The witness also told the Times-Picayune that Gasser stood over McKnight and shot him.
    witness is a proven liar, as the sherriff's office astutely pointed out.... no apology, no standing over bernie getz type shots.... all shots fired from within the vehicle....

bullet trajectories indicate mcknight probably leaning into car window at the time he was shot.... granted, it's reportedly the PASSENGER side window.....

but the witness you reference is full of shit

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Gasser needs to be arrested and sent away. I don't care what the law is, if McKnight didn't have a gun then his life wasn't in jeopardy. That is just a cop out for him losing control yet again in a traffic situation. He obviously is not right in the head. No yelling match on the side of the road should ever end in someone getting shot. What a coward
    don't have to have a gun to endanger a white man's life.... ask reginald denny....

gasser's former road rage criminal charge is hilarious, though.....

unde0087
    Did we win?

don't have to have a gun to endanger a white man's life.... ask reginald denny....

gasser's former road rage criminal charge is hilarious, though.....
    Did the guy have any visible injuries to him? If not it's hard to justify shooting a guy multiple times because he comes up to your car and is yelling at you. It almost seems like this clown was baiting McKnight in. Based on his history you can only conclude he can't keep his cool and is violent.

jjgold

I still think guy going to get arrested

Who are the witnesses?

Auto Donk

a bunch of nay-buhs

First 1234567 Last