ReconSnarff
    ReconSnarff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2259

MNF Edges: Houston at Denver

Let's discuss. Opened - 6, bet to - 9 with juice. Let's try to find the angles and why the money is going one side or the other.
    I personally think Osweiler has yet to prove himself as a starting QB in the NFL. He is very tall, can see over a rush, and has a big arm.
    However, his accuracy and ability to move in the pocket has always been in question along with his leadership.
    Denver is coming off a mini bye after losing to a good Chargers team on the road (best offense in the league if you ask me).
    Denver has defensive stars that love prime time, mainly Von Miller and that stacked defensive secondary.
    Siemens is the coolest cat I've seen early in his career and has now had significant practice time coming off injury and returning to the starting role.
    The question is, is 9 points too much.

xdodger19
    xdodger19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Denver 24 Houston 16

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Good read on the game, just worried that the bubble has burst for Siemien. Good thing is if their defense is on it should be able to handle Osweiler but it's just a matter of whether 7.5 pts is too much or not

ReconSnarff

Also, Kubiak is returning from illness and first game back in Denver for Osweiner. John Elway will have them boys ready to show why he wasn't paid. So many angles point to this being a smack down.

Taking the -8 and I don't think it will be close. Denver is going to remind people why they were talked about as a top 3 team only 2 weeks ago and should still be favorites in the AFC West.
    Last edited by ReconSnarff; 10-24-16 at 11:40 AM.

ReconSnarff

The more I think about, the more appealing a first half Denver play might be even better. What are some people's first half angles?

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by ReconSnarff View Post
    Also, Kubiak is returning from illness and first game back in Denver for Osweiner. John Elway will have them boys ready to show why he wasn't paid. So many angles point to this being a smack down.

Taking the -8 and I don't think it will be close. Denver is going to remind people why they were talked about as a top 3 team only 2 weeks ago and should still be favorites in the AFC West.
    I agree for the reasons you say. However, I like to play the "too good to be true" angle. Both teams are 4-2 and Houston just beat Indy last week and Denver just lost 2 in a row and now Denver is favored by 9??? Seems to good to be true. Certainly Houston should be closer or even favored, right?. Nope. That's why I'm taking Denver.

ReconSnarff

And the spread is safe. Feels good man. Finish to great weekend.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by ReconSnarff View Post
    And the spread is safe. Feels good man. Finish to great weekend.
    Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.