TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Houston -1.5 VS New England On Thursday 09/22/16

I know it's early... I hardly wager on games this early.

How can you not take Houston -1.5?

I just don't see how New England can win this game.

I could see this line going to Houston -3 and the Public $ won't be moving the line.

I believe Vegas/Offshore will receive 50% each way on this game. Just a gut instinct.

Houston -1.5 Get It While It's Hot!

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

was looking at this game also .. i have no choice to think the public will still pound NE cause its NE.. this line will most likely move toward NE around kick off.

Gooleez21
    Gooleez21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

I don't care what the total is, it's going way under

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Amateur thread by seasoned poster

lolz_69
    lolz_69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

how can we not take?

Because of Belicheck you dumb piece of crap.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    Amateur thread by seasoned poster
    exactly Money...what were thinking with this thread pal?

You should instead do what our resident charity stiff and a beggar does here on the regular - make threads about nothing and beg for SBR Tokens!!!

stop sucking off your mom's tit, go find a better a job and pay what you owe CLOWN

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19177

I saw Houston -2.5 last night. Today, I'm seeing Houston -1.5 and Pickem.

Don't the Pats have some kind of awesome record when they are a home dog?

I'm a little surprised there is any line at all..... I've seen the games like this stay off the board due to QB situation for days longer than this...

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

lol leggo I would say most betting public is informed enough to know Houston has been playing decent as well as patriots on 3rd string I just don't think it matters patriots still get it done in my opinion but who knows it is nfl

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Why is this an amature post? I think he's spot on.

Houston -1.5 looks very very good.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    Why is this an amature post?
    It's not - the dumbfukk who made this comment is a well known lowlife junkie who doesn't gamble

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

AZ vs NE - "How are they going to keep up with AZ?"
    MIA @ NE - "Miami is playing tough."
    HOU @ NE - "How can you not take Houston?"

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    AZ vs NE - "How are they going to keep up with AZ?"
    MIA @ NE - "Miami is playing tough."
    HOU @ NE - "How can you not take Houston?"
    well put WWCD.. but those were questions that were being asked when jimmy g was under center. NOW brissett is most likely going to start cause of garappolo's shoulder injury. i know this NE team are the kings of "next man up" mentality but this brissett guy didnt even throw over 10 yards the entire second half.. all they did was run the ball. & we both know running against the texans wont be lucrative. texans havent let up a touchdown in 7 quarters. if you're going to threaten the texans you have to go deep and im not sure brissett can do that accurately.. and also in the 2nd half that NE defense looked pretty vanilla letting miami score ALMOST 21 unanswered points. without jimmy G they BARELY moved the chains. if NE didnt get that 3rd quarter touchdown, Miami could have had a shot at an outright win..

WWCD
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    WWCD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Yeah, was just throwing that out there. I haven't really looked at Week 3 to deeply yet.

In general, I rarely bet against BB. Usually bet with Pats or just don't play. I believe I only bet against them once last year and hit it, but I am sure I thought about that bet all week before I finally placed the bet.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Pats starting a 3rd string and still only +1,5.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by WWCD View Post
    Yeah, was just throwing that out there. I haven't really looked at Week 3 to deeply yet.

In general, I rarely bet against BB. Usually bet with Pats or just don't play. I believe I only bet against them once last year and hit it, but I am sure I thought about that bet all week before I finally placed the bet.
    same here.. no human being wakes up going "hey im going to fade the patriots and Bellicheat today!" lol. but it will be interesting to see where this line moves over time and how this 5th round guy brissett handles this texans defense

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

looks easy

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

I would wait and see Gronk's status. If he is playing Pats will have the ability to use him and Bennett to help the running game and control the clock.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

he's not playing

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I don't care, whatever the circumstances I would NEVER give points at New England. When was the last time Patriots lost as home underdogs? Not only that but they almost always win outright in these spots.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    exactly Money...what were thinking with this thread pal?

You should instead do what our resident charity stiff and a beggar does here on the regular - make threads about nothing and beg for SBR Tokens!!!

stop sucking off your mom's tit, go find a better a job and pay what you owe CLOWN

Maybe Shot is setting upa reverse-jinx.

He knows this forum is filled w/ whales. Maybe he is setting up to take NewEng +4.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Not being racist here at all. Just talking about black QB's in general. You're throwing this 3rd string QB under a bus... I don't care if their at Gillette or not. Kid doesn't have enough experience to know all the intangibles. Kid doesn't know how to check at the line.... and even if he knows 1 or 2 checks.... Houston will eventually figure those 2 checks out. Kid will be nervous as fuk.

Houston needs to run a simple game plan.... and execute. Nothing out of the ordinary.

If you look at New England's last 3 Drives VS Miami.... they figured Brissett out.

New England didn't score any points.... and they were just playing conservative sitting on a lead.

If you want to include the last 4 drives of the game.... (New England's TD) It was a short pass and horrible tackling on Miami.

Like I said.... the kid doesn't know all the plays and Miami is a horrible fukking franchise.

I'll lay my balls and $ on the line that says Belichick will be scratching his head by the 4th Qtr VS Houston.

And yes... funny sh#$ does occur in NFL games... -1.5 is definitely a lot better than -2.5 but to each their own.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    same here.. no human being wakes up going "hey im going to fade the patriots and Bellicheat today!" lol. but it will be interesting to see where this line moves over time and how this 5th round guy Brissett handles this texans defense
    3rd rounder and he looked really good in pre-season, but.. it's pre-season. If Bill had a week to game plan and prepare him I would say Patriots roll, but the short week is going to make it tough.

garvardntl
    illegitimum non carborundum
    garvardntl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Three things.

Firstly, What is this line is Garoppolo is at 100% health... -3? -4?

Secondly, Even he is hurt and not playing, how sure can you be NE starts the rookie and not gets Matt Cassel back, hypothetically speaking?

Thirdly, Who would you prefer gets the start, Briskett or Cassell?

I was staring at -2.5 all night last night and decided against it after 5dimes went crazy juicing it an extra 10, then 15 cents. And now -1.5?

It just feels like guessing. Feels like I'm being tricked somehow, so there's no point risking any money on this game. But just imagine NE quarterback, whoever it is, gets hurt on Thursday. Are both teams going to combine for even 30 points?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Not being racist here at all. Just talking about black QB's in general. You're throwing this 3rd string QB under a bus... I don't care if their at Gillette or not. Kid doesn't have enough experience to know all the intangibles. Kid doesn't know how to check at the line.... and even if he knows 1 or 2 checks.... Houston will eventually figure those 2 checks out. Kid will be nervous as fuk.

Houston needs to run a simple game plan.... and execute. Nothing out of the ordinary.

If you look at New England's last 3 Drives VS Miami.... they figured Brissett out.

New England didn't score any points.... and they were just playing conservative sitting on a lead.

If you want to include the last 4 drives of the game.... (New England's TD) It was a short pass and horrible tackling on Miami.

Like I said.... the kid doesn't know all the plays and Miami is a horrible fukking franchise.

I'll lay my balls and $ on the line that says Belichick will be scratching his head by the 4th Qtr VS Houston.

And yes... funny sh#$ does occur in NFL games... -1.5 is definitely a lot better than -2.5 but to each their own.
    And there were undoubtedly many good football reasons to bet the favorites all the other times Patriots were home underdogs, or else they would not have been in that role to begin with. And yet they almost never lose, it is as if Belichick makes them feel disrespected for being dogs in Foxboro.

By the way, Pats are 11-1 ATS and 10-2 straight up as home dogs since 2001.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I don't care, whatever the circumstances I would NEVER give points at New England. When was the last time Patriots lost as home underdogs? Not only that but they almost always win outright in these spots.
    but they havent been a home dog in year(s) right? and im sure the line will adjust and NE will be slightly favored by kickoff. not even factoring in they are starting a 3rd string 5th rounder.. at NC state where brissette wasnt typically a throwing QB either.. my concerns are how Miami looked in the 2nd half when jimmy went down thats all. the production plummeted. COULD be a good spot for houston defense to have success. this game is more of a pass than anything. lean houston

LT Profits

but they havent been a home dog in year(s) right? and im sure the line will adjust and NE will be slightly favored by kickoff. not even factoring in they are starting a 3rd string 5th rounder.. at NC state where brissette wasnt typically a throwing QB either.. my concerns are how Miami looked in the 2nd half when jimmy went down thats all. the production plummeted. COULD be a good spot for houston defense to have success. this game is more of a pass than anything. lean houston
    Not true, they were home dogs at least twice within the last three years, once to BENGALS and once to Denver. Both were Sunday Night games I think.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19177

By the way, Pats are 11-1 ATS and 10-2 straight up as home dogs since 2001.
    Ah, those tricky oddsmakers. Don't you know they are well aware of this? Trend bettors will be all over New England....

I like the Texans mainly because of their defense but it is not at "Denver levels", yet. The Texan offense is in a state of construction - also not there, yet. They have a new QB, a new lead RB and a couple of rookie WR's to go along with DHop to break in..... they could be scary by the end of the year but don't know if they can pull it off in Week 3.....

Turbonomic
    Turbonomic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

Tease to 7+ points with the under.
    Points Awarded:

Stelio Kontos gave Turbonomic 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

omega
    omega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2370

NE will be favored? Really? By all accounts Houston SHOULD win this game, they have a dominating defense, passable QB, and two elite burners at WR. But Bill knows that too. He will try to slow this game down to a glacial pace. Long ass drives built heavily on the run game with the kid making 3rd and 7s, stop Lamar Miller and double Hopkins, and hope for some breaks. Again, Houston should win, but if anyone could pull off the upset, it's the Pats. In Bill We Trust.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Ah, those tricky oddsmakers. Don't you know they are well aware of this? Trend bettors will be all over New England....

I like the Texans mainly because of their defense but it is not at "Denver levels", yet. The Texan offense is in a state of construction - also not there, yet. They have a new QB, a new lead RB and a couple of rookie WR's to go along with DHop to break in..... they could be scary by the end of the year but don't know if they can pull it off in Week 3.....
    Obviously, I don't use trends to make plays, I run models for all major sports. But no matter what, I never bet against Patriots or Broncos as home dogs, if the numbers point me that way I just pass.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Not true, they were home dogs at least twice within the last three years, once to BENGALS and once to Denver. Both were Sunday Night games I think.
    hahaha well thats what im saying LT by Year(s)! you said the last 3 years. if its been more than ONE year, it becomes plural.. ok lemme say this, they've never been in this specific situation before. surprisingly this is a new one for the pats. those 1 or 2 times you are speaking of brady WAS in the game, and off the top i believe they were missing edelman or gronk in those games you are referring to.. by game time NE will be favored by atleast 1 or 2 i can assume.. possibly PK
    Last edited by JayDr3am; 09-19-16 at 05:59 PM.

LT Profits

hahaha well thats what im saying LT by Year(s)! you said the last 3 years. if its been more than ONE year, it becomes plural.. ok lemme say this, they've never been in this specific situation before. surprisingly this is a new one for the pats. those 1 or 2 times you are speaking of brady WAS in the game, and off the top i believe they were missing edelman or gronk in those games you are referring to.. by game time NE will be favored by atleast 1 or 2 i can assume..
    No, Texans will be favored. They are now basically -2.5 across the board (ignore the 5 Dimes teaser protection line) and I am seeing 65% of early bets on Houston.

JayDr3am
    Handi

No, Texans will be favored. They are now basically -2.5 across the board (ignore the 5 Dimes teaser protection line) and I am seeing 65% of early bets on Houston.
    haha you are a smart man.. you think thats going to stick though even on game day or period?

LT Profits

haha you are a smart man.. you think thats going to stick though even on game day?
    Yes because as many have mentioned, Texans LOOK like the obvious play here at less than -3.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Patriots defense wins them the game
    Points Awarded:

omega gave pilebuck13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

1234 ... Last