Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

will both goff and wentz be busts?

both listed as 3rd stringers.

winston and mariota started their first games in the nfl.

can't believe the rams gave up so much for goff.

afgballer56
    afgballer56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

they r both garbage
    worst 1-2 qbs in a while
    with qbs u kno early if they can play or not
    no such thing as learning under someone (a-rod the exception)

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

i wish the rams just stayed in st louis.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Yes

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most are

Very few make it

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

Trash. Draft hype...mariota and winston are gods vompared to those two boneheads

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Neither will play this year and for good reason. Just because you have an arm doesn't mean you can play QB in the NFL. It's more about knowing the playbook AND knowing the guys on your team. Guys like Roethlisberger and Brady know who to go to on third down, which lineman is having a bad day, when a defense is in the wrong coverage and when to throw the damn ball away. Back when McNabb was a rookie they didn't let him start till week 9 of his first year. If a guy can't adjust the blocking scheme at the line of scrimmage he's going to get hurt quickly. Maybe if both teams are out of the playoff mix then you might see these guys in December but you won't be able to tell if they can play till next year. Both teams knew what they were getting into.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

It's all luck.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    Neither will play this year and for good reason. Just because you have an arm doesn't mean you can play QB in the NFL. It's more about knowing the playbook AND knowing the guys on your team. Guys like Roethlisberger and Brady know who to go to on third down, which lineman is having a bad day, when a defense is in the wrong coverage and when to throw the damn ball away. Back when McNabb was a rookie they didn't let him start till week 9 of his first year. If a guy can't adjust the blocking scheme at the line of scrimmage he's going to get hurt quickly. Maybe if both teams are out of the playoff mix then you might see these guys in December but you won't be able to tell if they can play till next year. Both teams knew what they were getting into.
    well if these two clowns were drafted in the 4th or 5th rounds, it would be perfectly acceptable but they went 1st and 2nd.

how many qbs that went 1 2 were 3rd stringers in the beginning of the season? this might be the only year, ever.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

i'm actually surprised qbs haven't gone 1st 2nd very often...

QB selected 1st and 2nd overall

Common draft era (since 1967)
    1st Overall 2nd Overall
    2015 Jameis Winston Marcus Mariota
    2012 Andrew Luck Robert Griffin III
    1999 Tim Couch Donovan McNabb
    1998 Peyton Manning Ryan Leaf
    1993 Drew Bledsoe Rick Mirer
    1971 Jim Plunkett Archie Manning

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

too early to tell guys...Carson Wentz doesn't need to be rushed...Sam Bradford is an underrated QB in my opinion...poor guy has been hampered by serious injuries his whole career and he still toughed it out to finally stay healthy and actually played some damned good ball last year (his first full healthy season)...it wouldn't hurt for Wentz to learn the playbook, study offensive and defensive schemes, learn to read defenses, and the other intangible factors that go into being a good pro QB for a few years before Bradford is finished...in Cleveland, it will only be a matter of time before Goff gets his chance...Bob (RGIII) will get hurt sooner rather than later or shit the bed with bad plays...whichever comes first...and then McCown will finish out the season.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

manster, goff is in la. people in la were expecting yuuuge things from him. why give up so much to trade up for him? he's certainly not in winston or mariota level. tampa and tennessee got lucky those two.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

Not every draft year will have a good QB group.
    2016 is probably one of the bad QB groups. If this is true then no one should have wasted their 1st round draft picks to draft one.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16749

Blackhippy asked me to pass along this message:

Both are weak ass honkeys with weak ass honkey names
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Brandon Doughty will have a better career than those 2 if he gets the chance

sandos139
    The Miami Connection
    sandos139's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't know what they seen in Goff to take him 1st overall

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

If the draft were held today after witnessing the pre-season would Dak Prescott be the #1 overall pick?

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by afgballer56 View Post
    with qbs u kno early if they can play or not
    That's a lie. How about john elways 1983 preseason game against the vikings? He was absolutely terrible in that game.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    That's a lie. How about john elways 1983 preseason game against the vikings? He was absolutely terrible in that game.
    different times pal. i know peyton was an int machine his first year. how many of those number 1 or 2 picks were 3rd stringers on the depth chart though?

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    different times pal. i know peyton was an int machine his first year. how many of those number 1 or 2 picks were 3rd stringers on the depth chart though?
    How is the game different? Yes, rules have changed, but the players aren't all that different.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Not For Long.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    If the draft were held today after witnessing the pre-season would Dak Prescott be the #1 overall pick?
    Good question, I doubt number one, prob first round though, Goff wouldnt have been number 1 though I dont think.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Pederson is just stubborn with Wentz. He was never going to be the Week 1 starter from the day after the draft. That's what Reid did with McNabb and that's what Pederson will do with Wentz. If the season goes to garbage then by Week 10 he might give him a shot at starting a few games but until Bradford goes down with a catastrophic injury he's going to hold the clipboard.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    How is the game different? Yes, rules have changed, but the players aren't all that different.
    expectations for rookie qbs are way higher now.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    Pederson is just stubborn with Wentz. He was never going to be the Week 1 starter from the day after the draft. That's what Reid did with McNabb and that's what Pederson will do with Wentz. If the season goes to garbage then by Week 10 he might give him a shot at starting a few games but until Bradford goes down with a catastrophic injury he's going to hold the clipboard.
    i'm pretty sure bradford's gonna get injured. the guy is made out of glass.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    manster, goff is in la. people in la were expecting yuuuge things from him. why give up so much to trade up for him? he's certainly not in winston or mariota level. tampa and tennessee got lucky those two.
    my bad...had a temporary brain fart...but you can basically apply the same logic...with Case Keenum entrenched as the Rams starting QB, and Sean Mannion as a viable backup, there isn't a need to rush Goff just yet...there is no such thing as baptism by fire anymore unless a team is willing to sacrifice their season...Goff won me a lot of $$$$ when I gambled on California during his collegiate career...so there is a soft spot in my heart for him in regards to that!...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

manster, you're a skins fan right? rg3 actually had crazy rookie numbers. i can honestly say skeletor shanahan ruined his career.

because of rg3, luck, winston, and mariota, rookie qbs that get drafted 1st or 2nd are gonna be measured against them.

tough situation for the rams. la fans are very fickle... 1st year being back in la, i don't know how they're gonna perform.

Da Manster!

GK,
    yes, I'm a diehard skins...bleed burgundy and gold!...former season ticket holder as well...as far as RG3 goes, he's as much to blame as anyone else for the fiasco and circus that we had to endure during his tenure in DC...He and his dad went directly over Shanahan's head and straight to owner Dan Snyder and told him that he wasn't going to run the 50 series anymore from the playbook (Our read option plays)..he compared himself to tom brady, rodgers, manning, etc. and said he wanted to be purely a pocket passer...shanny's biggest mistake was not putting his foot down and telling Snyder...hey, no more of this crap...i'm the coach...it's my team...let me run it accordingly...so basically, Shanny became another ass kissing yes man and tried to appease RG3 as much as possible when it was quite clear from the beginning that Kirk Cousins had a much better grasp of the offense and could run it very effectively and efficiently...and hence all of the bullshit and controversy that we skins fans are used to!...

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Way too early to tell but I never thought either of these guys was anything special

Would have taken a shot on Dak in the middle rounds just because he tore up some SEC defenses and had a great career

Paxton Lynch might be good with Denver too

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    GK,
    yes, I'm a diehard skins...bleed burgundy and gold!...former season ticket holder as well...as far as RG3 goes, he's as much to blame as anyone else for the fiasco and circus that we had to endure during his tenure in DC...He and his dad went directly over Shanahan's head and straight to owner Dan Snyder and told him that he wasn't going to run the 50 series anymore from the playbook (Our read option plays)..he compared himself to tom brady, rodgers, manning, etc. and said he wanted to be purely a pocket passer...shanny's biggest mistake was not putting his foot down and telling Snyder...hey, no more of this crap...i'm the coach...it's my team...let me run it accordingly...so basically, Shanny became another ass kissing yes man and tried to appease RG3 as much as possible when it was quite clear from the beginning that Kirk Cousins had a much better grasp of the offense and could run it very effectively and efficiently...and hence all of the bullshit and controversy that we skins fans are used to!...
    guess who had the best rookie season in the history of the nfl? if you said rg3, you're correct. i always thought it was marino but nope.

early success probably got to his head. if he didn't get injured though, he wouldn't been a star. oh well it was time for them to move on.

gl with the skins this season. cousins showed that he can take the team to the playoffs. he should do better this year.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Tom Brady was a 3rd stringer in his first NFL game.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

tom brady was drafted in the 6th round. he was picked 199th. probably the best value pick ever.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I think Aaron Rodgers worked with a clipboard for 3 years and he was a 1st round pick.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10327

Goff was very accurate and nice touch in college, probably best he watches for a bit anyways. Best qb's in nfl, rodgers & brady both held a clipboard 1st few years, I'm sure that's no coincidence.

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    hell yeah Dak has the talent

12 Last