irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    Colin Kaepernick’s deliberate act of protest to sit out the national anthem caught the nation’s attention, and this initial sentence framed most media headlines: “I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color.”
    But the meat of Kaepernick’s cause actually came two sentences later:
    “There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”
    Hold it right there:
    “Getting away with murder."
    That is the story.
    There is no need to interpret why Kaepernick is not standing for the anthem — he has told us.
    In taking a baton handoff from Carmelo Anthony and the incredibly underrated WNBA protests, Kaepernick has used the most specific language on police accountability of any recent athlete.
    Kaepernick is recentering police accountability with crystal clarity.
    “Accountability” is not the “murder” part, it’s the “getting away with” part.
    Why is the word “accountability” so hard for Kaeper-critics to understand?
    Because criticizing Kaepernick is dependent on not understanding it.
    They can’t criticize lack of police accountability, so they change the subject.
    So they bring up crime.
    But civilians go to prison in droves while police who murder almost never do.
    So they bring up fallen officers.
    But the men who shot the officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge were killed immediately as cop killers often are. Finding a cop killer not dead or convicted is even rarer than finding a killer cop arrested at all.
    Again, people aren’t just protesting police murder, they are protesting “getting away with” murder — the ultimate expression on the non-value of Black life in America.
    And while a political convention or presidential race panel won’t dare explain this super-simplistic point, Colin Kaepernick can.

So instead, they change the subject once more to imaginary military slights he never stated.
    Last night, Kaepernick clarified that too: “I have great respect for the men and women that have fought for this country. I have family, I have friends that have gone and fought for this country."
    And then, Kaepernick explained the tragic hypocrisy:
    “This country isn’t holding up their end of the bargain… men and women that have been in the military have come back and been treated unjustly, and have been murdered by the country they fought for, on our land. That’s not right.”
    No. That’s not right. It’s criminal.
    Walter Scott, killed by officer Matthew Slager on video, was a US Veteran. So was India Kager, Kenneth Chamberlain and others. Scott was not only shot while running away, but the original police report was falsified so Slager could “get away with murder."
    Slager, who is still awaiting trial, wasn’t just a “bad apple,” he was part of a police cover-up. Slager never honored Scott’s past military service. He murdered him.
    A flag does not inherently represent soldiers. That is a lifetime of political brainwashing talking.
    Claiming Kaepernick’s act as an insult to soldiers is as logically twisted as claiming standing up for the flag honors Micah Johnson and Gavin Long — the two military veterans who killed police in Dallas and Baton Rouge.
    Neither statement makes any damn sense.
    And yet some people are actually more offended with Kaepernick protesting police getting away with murder than those “getting away with murder” itself?
    Now THAT is offensive.
    Why? Because what they're really saying is "White Feelings >Black Lives"
    And this is what Kaepernick is really trying to tell us (and by us, I really mean white people).
    While most subject-changing Kaeper-critics avoided his message for accountability, here is one rare exception from a sportswriter who callsKaepernick a “f--king idiot”:
    “First, who is getting away with murder? That's a strong accusation. Who in particular has committed murder in this country and not been charged with it? If you're going to make this statement then you need to give us particulars that motivate your decision and your beliefs. I don't want bland generalities, I want specifics here.”
    There is a lot of denial, privilege and entitlement to unpack here.
    First, Colin Kaepernick owes you absolutely nothing. He is not responsible for your education — which is only a mere web-click away. There is practically a cop-killing web video library that has emerged in the last two years, and scores of other reports and data. Research them.

Second, after Alton Sterling was killed on a video last month, Kaepernick was actually very specific. These were his remarks in an Instagram post:
    “This is what lynchings look like in 2016! Another murder in the streets because the color of a man's skin, at the hands of the people who they say will protect us. When will they be held accountable? or did he fear for his life as he executed this man?”
    There is video from three different angles of Sterling being shot while restrained on the ground, yet the officer has still not even been arrested.
    If those videos are not enough, if you want to “wait for all the facts” over your own eyeballs, then there is nothing to discuss.
    If we also need Kaepernick to hold our hands through videos of Sterling, Natasha McKenna or Eric Garner, then there is nothing to discuss.
    Hell, if the prerequisite for convicting a killer cop is a video, then that’s merely a license to murder without one.
    And if you believe Walter Scott was murdered (a point David Duke would surely concede), but still would have believed the conspiratorial lies on the original police report, your concession is useless, not justice.
    No more subject-changing.
    Let’s break down Kaepernick's comments on Sterling, line by line:
    “What lynching looks like in 2016!”
    Lynching was not just characterized by rope, but by the ability to avoid conviction in a court of law. Sunday was the 61st anniversary of Emmett Till’s historic murder. The 14-year-old Till is not only relevant because of his brutal murder, but also because a jury acquitted his murderers the next month.
    “Another murder in the streets because the color of a man's skin, at the hands of the people who they say will protect us.”
    Kaepernick specifically points out the higher standard police get sworn into as public servants. While many whites are also tragic victims of police violence at lower rates, there is a pattern of police behavior that values white life and takes risks to save white life — even when white people are actually pointing gunsdirectly at police.
    “When will they be held accountable? or did he fear for his life as he executed this man?”
    Again, Kaepernick specifically used the word “accountable” with Alton Sterling — a deliberate word he spoke again multiple times last night.
    He is also questioning the absurd “fear for life” law that allows either the murderous or racially irrational “fears” of (often) white officers as a legal loophole. Ex-Seattle Police Comissioner Norm Stamper agrees. Chapter 5 of his book "Breaking Rank" is titled: “Why White Cops Kill Black Men."
    Stamper writes: “White cops are afraid of black men… We say that officers treat black men the same way they treat white men. But that’s a lie. In fact, the bigger, the darker the black man the greater the fear."
    Did the cop who executed Alton Sterling do so out of intentional murder or from a deep affliction of hyper-irrational racial fear ignited by a simple twitch? It is doubtful that Sterling’s heartbroken son cares.

Front page of the New York Daily News for Aug. 28, 2016.

And neither should we. The officer must be held accountable.
    Or in Colin’s words, we must stop him from “getting away with murder."
    And in this era of increased incarceration and state violence against of Black women, that also goes for Rekia Boyd, Sandra Bland, Aiyana Jones, etc.
    Kaepernick is not saying anything new. The numbers are absolutely staggering. The Daily News' own Shaun King writes:
    “When the officers who killed Tamir Rice, Eric Garner, John Crawford, Mike Brown, or Natasha McKenna never even go to trial for what they did, seeing an officer indicted and charged with manslaughter or murder feels a little like fitting a camel through the eye of a needle. Of the 1,200 people killed by American police in 2015, only seven cases resulted in charges — a ridiculously tiny number... Not one single police officer was convicted for an on-duty death in 2015.”
    This is what an epidemic of “zero-accountability” looks like.
    Do we need Kaepernick to crunch these numbers for us too?
    So far, the only numbers Kaeper-critics seem to care about is his salary. This was best symbolized in tweets like this from CBS sports journalist Doug Gottlieb:
    “$61m guaranteed... Very oppressed #ColinKaepernick”
    Gottlieb failed to state just how many millions an athlete must make to stop police from personally assaulting them (see: James Blake or Thabo Sefolosha) or to stop cops all around the country from “getting away with murder."
    Of course, Kaepernick was referencing all “people of color." Last night he kindly elaborated that he was speaking for people that “don’t have a voice” and platform to “affect change."
    Said Kaepernick: “I’m going to continue to stand with the people that are being oppressed."
    Critics, take note: stand WITH.
    Not sure if Colin can be any clearer.
    But valuing Black lives has never really been about reading comprehension, and Colin knows this.
    Which is why he is standing up by sitting down.
    If you don’t like the messenger, then take it from a more respectable sports icon and military veteran Jackie Robinson who wrote in his autobiography shortly before his death (h/t @profloumoore & @edgeofsports):
    “I cannot stand and sing the anthem, I cannot salute the flag. I know I am a black man in a white world in 1972 and 1947, at my birth in 1919, I know that I never had it made.”
    As long as we keep changing the subject from “getting away with murder,” Colin Kaepernick, and the oppressed people he stands with in 2016, do not have it made.
    Bad cops are clearly in the minority. There are hundreds of thousands of police officers that perform their job very well. Yes there are some bad apples and the media loves to create racial divide and keep it going. After all, to those scumbags it sells newspapers and makes headlines. Where would society be without police?

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

Quote Originally Posted by irish1 View Post
    Bad cops are clearly in the minority. There are hundreds of thousands of police officers that perform their job very well. Yes there are some bad apples and the media loves to create racial divide and keep it going. After all, to those scumbags it sells newspapers and makes headlines. Where would society be without police?
    glad you read it brother. We have to hold police accountable for their actions. A third party should review cases where an officer discharges their weapon, it shouldn't be conducted internally. Things like body cams are a step forward, it would also be nice if police would speak up and admit fault when they wrongfully murder a person.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

LOL who's the racists? I am admitting I am!! Let's GO!! The moon is about to crack open and start to flow!! We will see how easily you will be removed from our society. Whitey is sick of the Monkey Business!! We are organized, thoughtful, quite and calculating when we cleans the country of you fockn apes. I love you guys!! You are making it easier and easier for all whites to hate you!! Should have accepted the hand outs you were givin for your existence in OUR country. Way too fockn dumb to ever get any respect in the world. Name ONE successful black country. There aren't any. You are a bunch of focken monkeys. lol I will enjoy the slaughter! Just going to suck cleaning up all that shyt and monkey guts. Fock your race! Watch I will get kicked outta here because some pucie white fock will say I am being insensitive. lol You are with em you are one of em don't jump sides when it starts and you see the results. Stand by em til the end liberal pucies. Like the under in the LSU/Wisc. game. GL SPLIBBY lip Mo Fockers!

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

zinister my boy what's good fam

ZINISTER

This country sucks!! It will implode. I will enjoy watching the people white and black suffer!!

ZINISTER

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    zinister my boy what's good fam
    Not sur e what that means

ZINISTER

my friends kid recently shot two black guy in Akron. He sells weed and they came to his house and beat the shyt out of him and was trying to get him to tell them where the money and weed was. His girl came down stairs with a 9mm and they ran out the back. His boy gave chase and shot th eone in the head form 75 yards and hit the other on in the leg. Blacks are mad as hell around here because after his arraignment he was let go until sentencing. Come the fock on! You get shot during criminal activity you have no bioth. Most of the ones being shot are nothing but street punks. Right? How innocent are they? Quit fockin singing the blues. They ask for it most of the time. Quit reaching in your pants when confronted by a cop. Quit pulling out guns and aiming them at cops. You dumb focks!!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    my friends kid recently shot two black guy in Akron. He sells weed and they came to his house and beat the shyt out of him and was trying to get him to tell them where the money and weed was. His girl came down stairs with a 9mm and they ran out the back. His boy gave chase and shot th eone in the head form 75 yards and hit the other on in the leg. Blacks are mad as hell around here because after his arraignment he was let go until sentencing. Come the fock on! You get shot during criminal activity you have no bioth. Most of the ones being shot are nothing but street punks. Right? How innocent are they? Quit fockin singing the blues. They ask for it most of the time. Quit reaching in your pants when confronted by a cop. Quit pulling out guns and aiming them at cops. You dumb focks!!!

Yep, good for your friend for shooting them.

I commend that action and I'm glad your friends got let off with no charges.. 2 less criminals and home robbers off the streets..

If a person of any color or race breaks into my house and tries to rob me you better bet your ass I'm firing away if given the chance..

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Sinister's Wigger friend gonna go to jail for manslaughter! And be someone's bitch! Nice dreds!

His is goofy dad had a slew of charges too! Former cop

http://www.ohio.com/news/local/akron...vaded-1.616878

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

MMQB's Albert Breer believes there's a "realistic possibility" the 49ers put Colin Kaepernick "on ice" for all of the 2016 season.

In doing so, the 49ers would protect themselves from Kaepernick potentially injuring himself, which would then result in Kap unlocking more guaranteed money in his contract if he suffers a severe injury. It would also mean Kaepernick wouldn't dress on game days, which wouldn't allow him to visibly protest anymore National Anthems. The Niners can save $16.9 million against the cap next offseason by designating Kap as a post-June 1 cut. In the "icing" scenario, rookie Jeff Driskel would likely serve as Blaine Gabbert's backup to open the year.
    Source: Albert Breer on Twitter
    Aug 29 - 8:01 PM

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

So not only can he not beat out Blaine gabbert, he will be replaced by Jeff Driskell. Ouch

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    MMQB's Albert Breer believes there's a "realistic possibility" the 49ers put Colin Kaepernick "on ice" for all of the 2016 season.

In doing so, the 49ers would protect themselves from Kaepernick potentially injuring himself, which would then result in Kap unlocking more guaranteed money in his contract if he suffers a severe injury. It would also mean Kaepernick wouldn't dress on game days, which wouldn't allow him to visibly protest anymore National Anthems. The Niners can save $16.9 million against the cap next offseason by designating Kap as a post-June 1 cut. In the "icing" scenario, rookie Jeff Driskel would likely serve as Blaine Gabbert's backup to open the year.
    Source: Albert Breer on Twitter
    Aug 29 - 8:01 PM
    Great news for Colin...he loses a few dollars but it gives him much more time to help out in the community.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

SBR oddsmakers please post the line if the afro-naut will be standing next game

kaepernicus please

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Other NFL news Cowboys got a rookie QB ready and tearing it up right now.. Hi hopes in D land!! Comparing him to a combination of Aikman and Roger Staubach..

Apparently he's been playing very well in preseason and in practice.. Romo out for 6 months with a back injury recovery and that could be a blessing in disguise.... Remember the name Prescott my friends!!!! http://www.dallascowboys.com/video/2...ed-starting-qb

49er are gonna be a bottom dweller again.. I don't see them doing anything this year with or without Crapershit...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-29-16 at 08:36 PM.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Ryan Lochte didn't do anything that just about every person here hasn't done. Pissed on some bushes and tore down a decaying sign. Big fukkin deal.

The libtard media made it out like he sacrificed young children. That's all they wanted to talk about. Guy lost his job for this stupid shit. You know why?? Because Ryan is white, and the liberal media wants to do all they can to tear down white males. Period. You think if a black athlete had done what Ryan did...and then had Brazilian police demand money from them...the liberal media would've demanded their head? No, they would've cried like a bitch about racist cops "oppressing" the poor black man.

Stay woke, fam.

(stole some of this from Clay Travis. Like myself, he has a major clue)
    The coverup is worse than the crime. Lochte's story would have been over in a day if he said they were a little drunk and did some stupid shit. At worst he would have to pay for damages + a fine.
    Kaepernick effectively ended his career with this move. He'll be considered toxic once the 49ers cut him. He'd have lasted in the league, at least as a backup for awhile before this.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

NFL prop futures are out... Trying to sniff some gems now... Here are just a few on 5Dimes..

NFL Super Bowl LI
    Thu 9/8 8:30PM
    Super Bowl LI - NRG Stadium - Houston, Texas - February 5, 2017
    New England Patriots +835
    Seattle Seahawks +850
    Carolina Panthers +950
    Green Bay Packers +950
    Pittsburgh Steelers +975
    Arizona Cardinals +1150
    Cincinnati Bengals +2000
    Kansas City Chiefs +2300
    Minnesota Vikings +2350
    Denver Broncos +2600
    Indianapolis Colts +2600
    Baltimore Ravens +2900
    Houston Texans +3000
    New York Giants +3500
    Oakland Raiders +3800
    Dallas Cowboys +3900
    Washington Redskins +5000
    Atlanta Falcons +6000
    Jacksonville Jaguars +6000
    Buffalo Bills +6600
    New York Jets +6600
    Philadelphia Eagles +7000
    New Orleans Saints +8000
    Detroit Lions +8500
    Miami Dolphins +8500
    San Diego Chargers +8500
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers +9500
    Chicago Bears +11500
    Los Angeles Rams +12500
    Tennessee Titans +13500
    San Francisco 49ers +18500
    Cleveland Browns +21500

NFL Super Bowl LI - Winning Division
    Sun 9/11 1:00PM
    NFC West +370
    AFC North +475
    NFC North +500
    AFC East +525
    NFC South +580
    AFC West +685
    AFC South +930
    NFC East +1000

NFL AFC Conference - Winning Division
    AFC North +200
    AFC East +220
    AFC West +310
    AFC South +435

NFL NFC Conference - Winning Division
    NFC West +170
    NFC North +250
    NFC South +300
    NFC East +475

NFL Super Bowl LI matchup
    Thu 9/8 8:30PM
    New England Patriots vs Green Bay Packers +2460
    New England Patriots vs Seattle Seahawks +2460
    New England Patriots vs Carolina Panthers +2700
    New England Patriots vs Arizona Cardinals +2900
    Pittsburgh Steelers vs Green Bay Packers +3125
    Pittsburgh Steelers vs Seattle Seahawks +3125
    Pittsburgh Steelers vs Carolina Panthers +3450
    Pittsburgh Steelers vs Arizona Cardinals +3700
    New England Patriots vs Minnesota Vikings +5100
    Cincinnati Bengals vs Green Bay Packers +5150
    Cincinnati Bengals vs Seattle Seahawks +5150
    Cincinnati Bengals vs Carolina Panthers +5650
    Denver Broncos vs Green Bay Packers +5750
    Denver Broncos vs Seattle Seahawks +5750
    Cincinnati Bengals vs Arizona Cardinals +6050
    Denver Broncos vs Carolina Panthers +6300
    Kansas City Chiefs vs Green Bay Packers +6450
    Kansas City Chiefs vs Seattle Seahawks +6450
    Pittsburgh Steelers vs Minnesota Vikings +6500
    Denver Broncos vs Arizona Cardinals +6750
    Indianapolis Colts vs Green Bay Packers +6900

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    The coverup is worse than the crime. Lochte's story would have been over in a day if he said they were a little drunk and did some stupid shit. At worst he would have to pay for damages + a fine.
    Kaepernick effectively ended his career with this move. He'll be considered toxic once the 49ers cut him. He'd have lasted in the league, at least as a backup for awhile before this.
    Micheal Vick tortured and killed dogs and he is still in the league. Kaepernick didn't do anything wrong. It's freedom of speech. It's covered in the constitution. Forefathers didn't even have a national anthem. It's something that was invented later.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Steelers vs packers rematch would be fun

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Micheal Vick tortured and killed dogs and he is still in the league. Kaepernick didn't do anything wrong. It's freedom of speech. It's covered in the constitution. Forefathers didn't even have a national anthem. It's something that was invented later.
    yeah he has freedom of speech

no one said anything about putting him in jail.

owners are free to black ball him too

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

What exactly is he going to be losing here, assuming he gets cut?

He was likely going to be released anyway, right?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

He has $61 million guaranteed in his contract. He doesn't have to work again in his life.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Steelers vs packers rematch would be fun
    Yeah those Superbowl match up props are juicy I'm gonna hit a few up for fun myself.. Gonna try these 4 for 10 bucks a pop.. Ya never know????

Denver Broncos vs Green Bay Packers +5750

New England Patriots vs Carolina Panthers +2700

Denver Broncos vs Carolina Panthers +6300

Pittsburgh Steelers vs Carolina Panthers +3450
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 08-29-16 at 10:03 PM.

ZINISTER

Sinister's Wigger friend gonna go to jail for manslaughter! And be someone's bitch! Nice dreds!

th ekid is a piece of shyt! I should have said my friends long time girlfriends kid. I'm not friends with Hillis

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Yeah those Superbowl match up props are juicy I'm gonna hit a few for fun myself..
    I already posted the Jets.

That's all you need.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    What exactly is he going to be losing here, assuming he gets cut?

He was likely going to be released anyway, right?
    Good luck to 49ers team/fans releasing the QB fighting for the starting position lol. Only god knows who Blaines backup will be

ZINISTER

You Nigerian Chi sounds like you are for the focks that broke in the house. If you are and you are white you sock black rooster!

ZINISTER

You ever notice most of the time we are on here talking about black people focking up or crying about whites. After all this time nothing has changed. They will never get it. One of your homies is President. Get a fockin job SPLIBS!!

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Zinfandel what is your iq? I am guessing ~75

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Good luck to 49ers team/fans releasing the QB fighting for the starting position lol. Only god knows who Blaines backup will be
    He's not fighting. He's gotten worse every year. He got his money, and quit improving his skills. He's not the first, won't be the last.

Let's all welcome Jeff Driskel to the team.

ZINISTER

How many of your murders a year come from the hand of other blacks? So do black lives only matter if whitey does the shooting? Are the other 99.9% of the murders your own are accountable for NOT matter? Your argument is weak retarded and very very OLD to whitey. You just don't get it! Clean you act up for at least a decade and we will start taking your people serious. Until then we DON'T GIVE TWO SHYTS!!!!!Kepp dying!! In fact increase your murder rate between ya and we will finish off the ones that don't want to be apart of this country. But PLEASE shut up with the pucie ars crying! Start shooting us like you fockn loud mouths keep saying you are going to start doing so we can get to slaughtering you! HURRY UP PLEASE I'M getting old! I want to be a part of the fun!! Still like the UNDER in the LSU/Wisc. game. Any thoughts?

ZINISTER

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Zinfandel what is your iq? I am guessing ~75
    3.65 grade point average Akron University. How bout you?

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

High IQ. No degree

Lily Blackwell
    Lily Blackwell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Fukk that 1/2 breed clown bitch. This will go down as the biggest mistake of his already shitty career.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/27/kaepernick-sits-during-national-anthem/
    Agreed what an idiot.

ZINISTER

Racism doesn't equate to lack of intelligence. Assumptions, like assuming since I am a racist, I am of lower intelligence seems more likely coming from a person with limited mental capacity.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    High IQ. No degree
    Do you guys want to PM me your cokk pictures, and we can settle things?

First ... 891011121314 ... Last