blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

NFL denies Cowboys' request to honor fallen Dallas officers

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/0...-officers.html

The NFL denied the Dallas Cowboys’ request to wear a decal on their helmets during the season that would have paid tribute to the five police officers killed last month in an ambush.
    The team had been wearing a decal with the words “Arm in Arm” since the first day of training camp this summer. Dallas police Chief David Brown and Mayor Mike Rawlings paid the team a visit on that day, according to Fox 4 News.
    The NFL’s strict rules on uniforms forced the league to deny the Cowboys’ request to wear the decal for the upcoming season.
    Dallas police said it appreciated the Cowboys’ support.
    “Their concern for the families of our fallen officers, the Dallas Police Department, and the City of Dallas is what matters most, and we know that support will continue for the immediate and long term future,” the department said in a statement.
    Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and tight end Jason Witten, who created the decal, said they were disappointed with the league’s decision but said they believed the stickers already served its purpose.
    The Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation told TMZ they were “extremely upset” over the NFL’s decision.
    "The NFL had an opportunity to be leaders and advocates for change in law enforcement," Sgt. Demetrick Pennie, president of the foundation, told the website. “"These are our friends and our loved ones ... it hurts to not have the NFL fully support us.”
    Dallas will kick-off its preseason schedule against the Los Angeles Rams on Saturday.

I never thought I'd say this but good job Mr. Goodell

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Witten is a class act. Props to Jerry Jones for paying his respects.

Obviously a BLM terrorist who supports cops killers would disapprove.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Cops probably asked league to not allow Cowboys to wear the sticker. Too embarrassing for them to be associated with such a shit team.

TxAaron is a stiff and a pole smoker.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Too bad it can't happen, but a classy gesture nevertheless.

Way bigger than football. Hope most can recognize that.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status
    BetweenHerCheeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

Sad, last thing NFL needs right now is BLM terrorist group committing criminal attacks at Cowboys practices and games

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Jerry knew it'd never happen, but did it to ensure that he never 1. gets busted for snortin' lines like he did when those babes he was trying to bang photographed him all amped up on blo, and 2. has to deal with his players gettin' arrested when they do stupid shit like (a) drugs, (b) drive wasted, (c) beat the shit out of their women, and (d) kill people, including other players on the team

don't expect to see anymore fun shit like this, now that the cops are his personal police force:

Last edited by Auto Donk; 08-12-16 at 12:46 PM.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If they allowed it then next time a cop shoots and kills a civilian they would ask to wear decals honoring the civilians.

NFL doesn't want to create a precedent.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

the nfl is only gone honor... thug life .

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

Jerry Jones might be a certified jerk. But how many of you big wheels on your own NFL team?

Yeah that's what I thought.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

whatever, my "electric" football game I still have from the 70's still provides me with the pride of ownership.....

granted, my wife has turned the thing into a sex toy she sits on when the time is right

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

I have got one of the original hand held Mattel football games. The one in Seinfeld were Jerry and George were feeding the gal turkey and wine so they could play with it.

Sounds kind of boring compared to what your game is getting used for.

OC_Sharp
    OC_Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

are those even real? lol Very good photoshop if they aren't.

OC_Sharp

Jerry is a classy guy. It was a class move for sure.

OC_Sharp

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Cops probably asked league to not allow Cowboys to wear the sticker. Too embarrassing for them to be associated with such a shit team.

TxAaron is a stiff and a pole smoker.
    I think you will be eating those words in the coming weeks. So what if Romo goes down. We all know why they brought Dak in now. He's game ready. Cam Newton clone with a way better arm.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/0...-officers.html

The NFL denied the Dallas Cowboys’ request to wear a decal on their helmets during the season that would have paid tribute to the five police officers killed last month in an ambush.
    The team had been wearing a decal with the words “Arm in Arm” since the first day of training camp this summer. Dallas police Chief David Brown and Mayor Mike Rawlings paid the team a visit on that day, according to Fox 4 News.
    The NFL’s strict rules on uniforms forced the league to deny the Cowboys’ request to wear the decal for the upcoming season.
    Dallas police said it appreciated the Cowboys’ support.
    “Their concern for the families of our fallen officers, the Dallas Police Department, and the City of Dallas is what matters most, and we know that support will continue for the immediate and long term future,” the department said in a statement.
    Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and tight end Jason Witten, who created the decal, said they were disappointed with the league’s decision but said they believed the stickers already served its purpose.
    The Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation told TMZ they were “extremely upset” over the NFL’s decision.
    "The NFL had an opportunity to be leaders and advocates for change in law enforcement," Sgt. Demetrick Pennie, president of the foundation, told the website. “"These are our friends and our loved ones ... it hurts to not have the NFL fully support us.”
    Dallas will kick-off its preseason schedule against the Los Angeles Rams on Saturday.

I never thought I'd say this but good job Mr. Goodell

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

The NFL probably wants $onsorship dollars in exchange for allowing the decals..

Steamboat
    Steamboat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

It opens a pa doras box if you allow this whats next.

There is only one color the NFL cares about, Green.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

They wouldn't even let Deangelo Williams wear pink all year for breast cancer awareness because they were worried that other players would use that as an advantage to wear what they wanted.