TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will Joey Bosa (3rd overall pick) not even be on field this season??

He's a no-show at camp for the Chargers. The organization is not budging on his contract details and he has until 4PM EST today to either be traded or agree to the terms or the Chargers will own the rights to him and he will not be a player this season. Stubborn rookies.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47622

Chargers fan here..

DO NOT blame it all on Bosa. The Chargers have had numerous issues like this over the years and the Spanos family are the worst owners in the NFL. I'm sick and tired of the way that the organization does business and I put the blame on them given past history.

I'm really hoping that something can get done soon because the Chargers have the makings of a really good front 7.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    He's a no-show at camp for the Chargers. The organization is not budging on his contract details and he has until 4PM EST today to either be traded or agree to the terms or the Chargers will own the rights to him and he will not be a player this season. Stubborn rookies.
    not really his fault at all to be honest, he's simply fighting for what every draft pick from 2-5 has gotten since 2009...(offset language or fully guaranteed bonus) he's not really out of line asking for 1 of the 2 based on other draftees contracts in the last 5-6 years

TheSideBet

I'm not saying the Chargers are doing the best either but as a rookie, he needs to be somewhat flexible. I agree the previous years of Q. Jammer and Rivers went rough with the way they negotiated.

JAKEPEAVEY help me out here. I've not heard all the details but from what I saw the contract is for $17M with $9M up front and the other $8 to be paid in March during next offseason. Bosa's position is that being in California, high taxes, he feels he can earn more if he gets it all in a one time payment rather than miss out on investments and end up losing out in the next 6 months?

I would rather have $9M than zero. And Bosa is young, barring injury he should be able to capitalize on future contract as well so from my angle he is hurting his long term investment cause by holding out here. Other teams will take notice.

JAKEPEAVY21

I'm not saying the Chargers are doing the best either but as a rookie, he needs to be somewhat flexible. I agree the previous years of Q. Jammer and Rivers went rough with the way they negotiated.

JAKEPEAVEY help me out here. I've not heard all the details but from what I saw the contract is for $17M with $9M up front and the other $8 to be paid in March during next offseason. Bosa's position is that being in California, high taxes, he feels he can earn more if he gets it all in a one time payment rather than miss out on investments and end up losing out in the next 6 months?

I would rather have $9M than zero. And Bosa is young, barring injury he should be able to capitalize on future contract as well so from my angle he is hurting his long term investment cause by holding out here. Other teams will take notice.
    add Vincent Jackson, Eric Weddle and many others to the list.

Yes, that is what I'm reading as well, SideBet. It's all about WHEN the guaranteed money is paid. Both sides have had MONTHS to hash this out and I for one am fukking pissed that he is not in camp!! This is a classic example of why the Chargers have the reputation that they do. Both parties are being stubborn and foolish here.

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    add Vincent Jackson, Eric Weddle and many others to the list.

Yes, that is what I'm reading as well, SideBet. It's all about WHEN the guaranteed money is paid. Both sides have had MONTHS to hash this out and I for one am fukking pissed that he is not in camp!! This is a classic example of why the Chargers have the reputation that they do. Both parties are being stubborn and foolish here.
    I'm with you. Disastrous negotiations. I'm surprised it hasn't been a bigger story until here at the deadline. Good luck though with it being your team! I'll be watching this afternoon to see what goes down.

JAKEPEAVY21

I'm with you. Disastrous negotiations. I'm surprised it hasn't been a bigger story until here at the deadline. Good luck though with it being your team! I'll be watching this afternoon to see what goes down.
    last I read, they have not talked for over a week...not a good sign

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Bosa too small. Will be a nothing in the NFL.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33038

TheSideBet

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    last I read, they have not talked for over a week...not a good sign
    No word of talks, no press release for a press conference, no Twitter post from Bosa saying he's ready. Definitely not a good sign. Less than two hours left.

ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

Seen way better wear the OSU jersey. Numbers aren't everything. He dominated the shytty competition and was above average the rest of the way. Nothing special in the NFL. He better get his money now!